YOU'RE the manager - what would you do?

Guest guinness_fiend
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You have to go there intending to win - especially if Sunderland fail to beat Portsmouth.

A draw might be no good for us, since I'm not expecting anything other than a 3rd string side from Man Utd against Hull.

Guest leon b

Villa's pace is sure to be a threat btu if we set up properly i'm hopeful we can cope. Does anyone think Hull will even get a point at old trafford?  I sure don't, even if they field a weakened team. Draw and I think wew stay up........

Villa's pace is sure to be a threat btu if we set up properly i'm hopeful we can cope. Does anyone think Hull will even get a point at old trafford?  I sure don't, even if they field a weakened team. Draw and I think wew stay up........

That would be impressive, because they're playing at the KC.

Guest leon b

Fair enough, I still have a feeling they'll lose it. Maybe i'm just being optimistic? I still feel a point will be enough for us, beating villa at this stage would be tremendous!!!

Love it how this poll has showed how much people know about tactics.  Lets look at Fulham and most of the goals against us at home.  Quick break beating the offside trap or when our players are out of position. But sure lets all out attack and lose  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

We cant break though. That tactic depends on us being able to defend.

Guest leon b

We will need a bit of luck on the day. If Beye goes into the middle, I hope R.taylor gets some extra support out on the right, if young gets the opportunity to isolate him...........

Love it how this poll has showed how much people know about tactics.  Lets look at Fulham and most of the goals against us at home.  Quick break beating the offside trap or when our players are out of position. But sure lets all out attack and lose  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

We cant break though. That tactic depends on us being able to defend.

Its not even about that really, its about having a midfield that can keep hold of the ball playing patiently, and picking out a killer pass when they see an opening. We don't have that, so we either have to play 10 men behind the ball and defend, or we have to play everything up to Viduka and hope that he can do some magic or create an opening for Martins.

It's better than sitting back and losing.

I'd rather go out all guns blazing and be relegated knowing that we at least gave it a go. If we attack, there's a chance we'll win. If we defend, we can only draw and there's a chance we'll throw it away.

The only way we'll stay in this league is by scoring more goals than Villa. You can't do that by defending.

Guest firetotheworks

Attack is the only option, although it means we're more likely to get fucked by Villa, we have no other option, were shit at everything, so its best we be shit at endeavouring to win.

Guest helios_centric

If we have a go at them from the kick off and score early, Hull will totally shit themselves. We have to attack.

All out attack, we need to fly at them from the off, with no Beye or Bassong no way we can hold out for a draw no way we stop them from scoring. Its the old Keegan score more then they do time.

4-3-3 and go for a all out win play    harper

beye    taylor    colo  edgar

nolan  guthrie  duff 

martins viduka lovenkrands

bench:

krul jonas carroll lualua ranger  ;D