Michael Owen - An Apology

Crumpy Gunt

Owen was ok,a goal scorer at Real at most, hes ability was lost after Liverpool...Fact!

Was a world class goalscorer but I have always argued about him being a world class player.

can you imagine if owen puts in a goal that keeps us up? either for a draw or a win

jesus man, it'd be mental

would it really be that mental? i've seen him score a few before like.

Exactly. Good Premiership striker ending goal drought. Hardly shock news really.

you two being deliberately awkward or just belligerent? 

the point being he's not scored in ages, almost the whole of NUFC fans hate the ground he walks on, he's out of contract in the summer and rumours of his retirement at 29 have started despite him being the golden child of football at age 17

that he could score the goal that keeps us up in breaking his drought to me would be pretty fucking surprising but obviously not for you two jaded, seen-it-all-before dudes eh?

Has to be one of the worst signings we've ever made, been wanting rid of him for years now.

I'll finally get my wish this summer, but the damage has been done.

Piss off, you miserable little gimp.

Relegation is just a fitting end to this c***s time here, any club who takes this arsehole is insane.

TBH i reckon he doesnt give a shit anyway and we are the ones paying the price for this ,Shepherd bought him for a insane amount of money when we could have spent it wisely on 4 or 5 players who would have more than likely had a bigger impact .

Has to be one of the worst signings we've ever made, been wanting rid of him for years now.

to be fair it's mainly down to the injuries that weren't his fault

No it isn't.

what is it then.. ?   " he didn't want to be here in the first place" maybe ?

I've got to agree with TRon here, to the extent that he isn't finished due to injuries that we're 'not his own fault' - he's finished due to the massive injury that he picked up by choosing to go the last World Cup when he had missed six months of the previous season and was clearly unfit, and cost us his services for amost the full next season.  If anything the little twat owes us an extra season for nowt.

No it isn't.

I've got to agree with TRon here, to the extent that he isn't finished due to injuries that we're 'not his own fault' - he's finished due to the massive injury that he picked up by choosing to go the last World Cup when he had missed six months of the previous season and was clearly unfit, and cost us his services for amost the full next season.  If anything the little twat owes us an extra season for nowt.

agree with this and Tron - he actually admitted it publicly in an interview too, that he rushed himself back from the broken foot to make england

i hate the man

Relegation is just a fitting end to this c***s time here, any club who takes this arsehole is insane.

TBH i reckon he doesnt give a s*** anyway and we are the ones paying the price for this ,Shepherd bought him for a insane amount of money when we could have spent it wisely on 4 or 5 players who would have more than likely had a bigger impact .

Agree 100%. One of the worst signings we have made. Hate the gimpy, crocked little cunt. Even if he scores tomorrow by some miraculous turn of events he can still fuck off.

No it isn't.

I've got to agree with TRon here, to the extent that he isn't finished due to injuries that we're 'not his own fault' - he's finished due to the massive injury that he picked up by choosing to go the last World Cup when he had missed six months of the previous season and was clearly unfit, and cost us his services for amost the full next season.  If anything the little t*** owes us an extra season for nowt.

agree with this and Tron - he actually admitted it publicly in an interview too, that he rushed himself back from the broken foot to make england

i hate the man

How dare a player rush himself back to play for his national side.

Its almost as if he felt some form of pride playing for his country, what a twat.

Now onto the next world cup where everyone has a go at the players for "not caring enough". Brilliant.

No it isn't.

I've got to agree with TRon here, to the extent that he isn't finished due to injuries that we're 'not his own fault' - he's finished due to the massive injury that he picked up by choosing to go the last World Cup when he had missed six months of the previous season and was clearly unfit, and cost us his services for amost the full next season.  If anything the little t*** owes us an extra season for nowt.

i hate the man

How dare a player rush himself back to play for his national side.

Its almost as if he felt some form of pride playing for his country, what a twat.

Now onto the next world cup where everyone has a go at the players for "not caring enough". Brilliant.

honestly :no:

Guest firetotheworks

If weren't for his goals last season, we might already have been playing in the championship now.

If he'd scored more, we'd be nowhere near a relegation fight. He's had a poor season. Martins having been our best striker this season is even more depressing when you consider he hasn't been at his best and he's been injured a fair bit.

How many has he actually got this season? I'm sure we could count on one hand his goal tally. Good riddance to him when he goes. He showed against Middlesbrough that he clearly doesn't care anymore and is just going through the motions.

Michael Owen's left foot is of as much use on a football pitch as Heather Mills'.It was inevitable that once his pace had gone,he wouldn't be able to restructure his game as Alan Shearer did,due to his lack of technique.His pace used to paper over the cracks of what an average footballer he was/is.All he ever was,was a goalscorer,who didn't contribute much to general team play.

people do forget he could finish, with the best of them - his pace got him into positions but he was a wonderful finisher early doors

what's happened to him is he's lost everything else he had AND his finishing - at least strikers like shearer kept their ability to score

How many has he actually got this season? I'm sure we could count on one hand his goal tally. Good riddance to him when he goes. He showed against Middlesbrough that he clearly doesn't care anymore and is just going through the motions.

8 goals in 21 (6 subs) in the league, 10 in 24 (7 subs) in all competitions.

So even including this sh*t run since January, has pretty much 1 in 3.

8 goals in 21 (6 subs) in the league, 10 in 24 (7 subs) in all competitions.

So even including this sh*t run since January, has pretty much 1 in 3.

Ok that's fair enough, I was 3 off counting on one hand but the bottom line is still the same and he couldn't give a shite. We could do with freeing up his wages as we need to rebuild our entire team.

10 this season.

13 last season.

Guest saintscoobz

i thought Owen had already retired.  Cant wait for him to fook off, been an absolute shite signing for us, he obviously never wanted to come here.  He only ever seemed to be fit in the run in to an England game.  He surely owes us an apology.  Maybe playing a season for free?

Despite everything I don't have a massive disliking towards Owen like I do some players who have played here. I still reckon that he'd score the goals in a stable team that creates plenty of chances, which is a million miles from where we've been for a long time.

On the other hand I can't wait to get him off the wage bill, it was an ill advised signing in hindsight, although I envisaged great things when he first signed.