Michael Owen - An Apology

Crumpy Gunt

Guest firetotheworks

I wish we went for Anelka..... :-X

Or Torres, or Keane, or Ashton. Basically anyone other than Owen. Well possibly not Ashton.

It doesn't surprise me that Captain c*** has spent most of his little energy fighting press allegations concerning only himself tbh. Newcastle Untied's future is probably a side issue for the precious b******.

it always is. Everytime he's quoted he never mentions NUFC. He just defends himself and his ridiculously overrated goal record

programme notes to a huge game and he whinges on about his 'conversion rate'

when was this?

One of the most insane signings in Premiership history given the position we were in, financially and in terms of the squad. Money pissed up the wall and it's been downhill since.

It doesn't surprise me that Captain c*** has spent most of his little energy fighting press allegations concerning only himself tbh. Newcastle Untied's future is probably a side issue for the precious b******.

it always is. Everytime he's quoted he never mentions NUFC. He just defends himself and his ridiculously overrated goal record

when was this?

programme notes to the boro game

"Though I was upset and felt that he [shearer] was wrong – only last week the press pointed out that, even though I had only scored eight league goals this season, my conversion ratio was the best in the Premier League – what I can't fault is the way he handled the situation: strong, up front and honest. Just the way a top manager should be. "

and before the pompey game:

"Stats are there and people will say eight games and all that. But one of the games, I came off after two minutes, I did my ankle, the next one, I came on for 10 minutes coming back.

"You can straight away narrow it down to five or six games before you even start. "

:rolleyes:

I remember some daft fuckers on here saying they didn't want him

He's a bigger moaner than Owen, he'd be just as **** here as Owen is. FS wanted him, since he was a englsh hero....

No,he was class at bolton.....Bolton godammit..He has twise the ability Owen had.... :undecided:

I remember some daft fuckers on here saying they didn't want him

He's a bigger moaner than Owen, he'd be just as **** here as Owen is.

No,he was class at bolton.....Bolton godammit..He has twise the ability Owen had.... :undecided:

Doesn't have twice the ability. Owen at his peak was sensational, genuinely world class. Obviously Anelka's more than twice the player Owen is now though.

when was this?

programme notes to the boro game

"Though I was upset and felt that he [shearer] was wrong – only last week the press pointed out that, even though I had only scored eight league goals this season, my conversion ratio was the best in the Premier League – what I can't fault is the way he handled the situation: strong, up front and honest. Just the way a top manager should be. "

and before the pompey game:

"Stats are there and people will say eight games and all that. But one of the games, I came off after two minutes, I did my ankle, the next one, I came on for 10 minutes coming back.

"You can straight away narrow it down to five or six games before you even start. "

:rolleyes:

came off after 2 minutes eh? It was 19 minutes actually

the next one, you came on for 10 minutes did you? Funny, because I watched the Hull game and you started the game and played a full 73 minutes

lying c***

If weren't for his goals last season, we might already have been playing in the championship now.

Ok, i might be deprssed, but do that make a shit team, or Owen a good player? I just as to ask, what have him given to the team this year, i rather see Carroll start, than Owen..Atleast he want to win...

Ronaldo why do you hate Owen so much over say Duff or Viduka?

They've all been wastes of money and as bad as each other?

They all have, I agree. But Viduka brings a hell of a lot more to the team than Owen, and Duff at least tries every now and again

Owen's supposed to be our captain man, he's a fucking disgrace

They all have, I agree. But Viduka brings a hell of a lot more to the team than Owen, and Duff at least tries every now and again

Owen's supposed to be our captain man, he's a f***ing disgrace

He's obvious not captain material, I agree (especially when there's five or six better options).

Viduka brings more at the moment but he's only changed since Shearer came in (a bit like Owen with Keegan).

Viduka for all his lack of workrate and mobility is an absolutely sterling footballer. Put him in any team and he could be the difference, our best finisher and most skillfull player by a country mile. He's got redeeming features that Owen does not

He's obvious not captain material, I agree (especially when there's five or six better options).

Viduka brings more at the moment but he's only changed since Shearer came in (a bit like Owen with Keegan).

Viduka to me looked class at the end of last season too.

can you imagine if owen puts in a goal that keeps us up? either for a draw or a win

jesus man, it'd be mental

would it really be that mental? i've seen him score a few before like.

Exactly. Good Premiership striker ending goal drought. Hardly shock news really.

Viduka to me looked class at the end of last season too.

Always does when he his contract is coming to an end/needs a transfer.

As loath as i am to agree with Merson he is better than Berbatov when fit and on form. Unplayable.

Guest Magpiecn

If weren't for his goals last season, we might already have been playing in the championship now.

you can say that to martins too.