Players you miss seeing on the teamsheet

dcmk

Guest firetotheworks

Out of all the players recently, in our current team it would have to be Gary Speed. Even someone like Acuna who was underrated would be welcomed right now.

:thup:  I concur.

Acuna had a real knack of getting into exactly the right area, he was a real trier and had a lot of steel about him. He also looked like he might be dead, so obviously intimidated the opposition

Acuna had a real knack of getting into exactly the right are, he was a real trier and had a lot of steel about him. He also looked like he might be dead, so obviously intimidated the opposition

;D

one of the few to follow up free kicks incase the keeper spills it aswell. scored more than one for us that way.

Acuna had a real knack of getting into exactly the right are, he was a real trier and had a lot of steel about him. He also looked like he might be dead, so obviously intimidated the opposition

;D

one of the few to follow up free kicks incase the keeper spills it aswell. scored more than one for us that way.

I actually only remember one tbh, Chelsea away in 2001

Seriously, always thought it was such a shame it never worked out with Tomasson or Hamann. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

Hamann was brilliant for us, our best player by far in 98-99, just didn't want to be here

Remember his sterling performance in the 1-1 against Arsenal at SJP. Scored the equaliser and looked classy all game, his tackling wasn't great back then but Speed next to him more than compensated for it

;D

I actually only remember one tbh, Chelsea away in 2001

was it only the one. thought he got more that way. stiil always follwed up and was very close a good few times.

Seriously, always thought it was such a shame it never worked out with Tomasson or Hamann. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

who knows if shearer hadn't got thatt long term injury and JDT could have played and settled in in his more natural position.

Wigan's player of the year - Titus Bramble

joins Faye, N'zogbia, Bellamy, Parker and Solano (first time round) on the list of players who were let go absolutely needlessly, and not replaced

Out of all those players you mention there including Bramble, Parker was the only one I was happy to see go, and that's only because I was fed up of seeing him start in the same team as Nicky Butt.

According to Wikipedia, Emre's played 32 f***ing league games. He was far from perfect but what a difference he'd have made. :dave:

said this back in the summer, another player gone and not replaced

According to Wikipedia, Emre's played 32 f***ing league games. He was far from perfect but what a difference he'd have made. :dave:

said this back in the summer, another player gone and not replaced

would never have made 32 games with us so it's pointless really - i'm sure our medical staff were saboteurs or something, sent by the mackems behind enemy lines

I still maintain my stand that after SBR, decent players come to our club and become sh*t during their period here. It's more of a mis-management issue than anything else.

In Keegan's second stint here, I can see glimpses of hope as things are getting better.

I miss a Newcastle player. I mean, a player who you feel is genuinely playing for the club and for the right reasons. Shearer, Speed, Lee, Solano. Even Dabizas, W. Barton, Lee Clark, etc.

Guest firetotheworks

I miss a Newcastle player. I mean, a player who you feel is genuinely playing for the club and for the right reasons. Shearer, Speed, Lee, Solano. Even Dabizas, W. Barton, Lee Clark, etc.

Given?

Honestly, Given leaving has made me distrust just about every players intentions now.