Frog w(h)ingers

Mowen
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ginola was the better footballer, Robert was the most productive and N'Zogbia doesn't really deserve to be put into the same category (despite a few moments of magic).

Robert has to get the nod though for time served and contributions during that time. Marvellous.

Robert. His end product was different class to the other two although he got slaughtered by the pundits for being a lazy bugger. We wouldn't be on the verge of relegation if he was playing in this team though.

The fact that he could score from pretty much anywhere - and did on a fairly impressive basis - was monumental. Some of his goals were impossible to stop, basically.

Who do we have these days capable of that?

I voted Daveeed. Class act, although I loved Robert too. Ginola's crossing was staggeringly good, so much variety, abitilty and accuracy. It does help having Sir Les to aim for mind.

Whenever we get a free kick outside the penalty area I get a pang of loss. We used to have Robert on one side and Solano on the other. Fuck me you don't realise what you had until it's gone.

One thing I was moaning about recently was the lack of the "Shearer option" from a close-range free-kick. He scored a bucket-load of them in his later years here.

When we got that one against 'Boro it was too close for the bender (Nicky Butt), but would have been perfect for the tee-up and smash.

Am I honestly expected to believe we don't have anybody in the squad capable of striking a ball properly? Viduka?

Set pieces for us are an embarrassment and have been for a while now, it honestly makes me wonder what gets done in training.

Was watching a video of Juninho (Lyon) today and thinking how good it must be to have someone like that in your side and how much we miss it. It must damage the opposition psychologically to know that if they give a freekick away then they're in serious danger. Now they know they can kick any cunt to shreds anywhere outside the penalty box and nothing but a goal kick will come from it. :dave:

Search "the man who takes freekicks like penalties" on utube.

How many free kicks have we scored in the last few years? Geremi scored at spurs last year but that was pure Robbo, it was soft and in the middle of the goal. Can't remember any others.

Whenever we get a free kick outside the penalty area I get a pang of loss. We used to have Robert on one side and Solano on the other. Fuck me you don't realise what you had until it's gone.

:(

Ginola for me though, Robert could score or create something from absolutely nothing but when he didn't find that bit of magic during the 90 minutes it was more or less pointless having him on the pitch. Ginola got more involved in general play and gave you that outlet as a ballcarrier that you really need.

Happily have either of them back, mind.  :lol:

One thing I was moaning about recently was the lack of the "Shearer option" from a close-range free-kick. He scored a bucket-load of them in his later years here.

When we got that one against 'Boro it was too close for the bender (Nicky Butt), but would have been perfect for the tee-up and smash.

Am I honestly expected to believe we don't have anybody in the squad capable of striking a ball properly? Viduka?

Set pieces for us are an embarrassment and have been for a while now, it honestly makes me wonder what gets done in training.

How depressing is it that Nicky Butt is our biggest threat from set-pieces btw?

Guest gggg

Robert vs. Spurs / Ginola vs. Ferencvaros

Robert vs. Spurs (again!) / Ginola vs. Manyoo

both  :fwap: moments.

Roberts back heel volley wins  :coolsmiley:

I went for Robert because I was too young to properly remember Ginola. Zog was just another "could've been"  :sadnod:

Could've been about as good as Ruel Fox. Never had the ability to become as good as the other two in this thread.

I went for Robert because I was too young to properly remember Ginola. Zog was just another "could've been"  :sadnod:

Could've been about as good as Ruel Fox. Never had the ability to become as good as the other two in this thread.

I bet you didn't think that at the end of the 05/06 season.

Zog had a work rate that could have made him invaluable as a player, something both the other two lacked. I say "had" because he's definitely lost it in direct proportion to the swelling of his head. Without the effort he hasn't got anywhere near the ability of the Robert or Ginola.