Replacements for your overpaid overhyped players

GG

Skjelbred getting subbed off, is pissed off by the decision in a Ronaldo-style.

Should be going all out to get him, should have done last summer to be fair.

Husselkep would be a decent addition also.

Whether we could afford their wages is more a sticking point than them being interested in playing for us in the championship.

Id expect us to go for them and the deals to fall through because we will only offer them a pittance.

Skjelbred makes £175.000 a year, I think we can do better than £30k-ish a week. Not to mention he wants to play for us.

not sure if we can actually. not now.

What's scary is that he almost makes less in a year than Owen in a week.

My bad, currency error. He's on £3k-ish a week.

Guest Stephen927

Skjelbred getting subbed off, is pissed off by the decision in a Ronaldo-style.

Should be going all out to get him, should have done last summer to be fair.

Husselkep would be a decent addition also.

Whether we could afford their wages is more a sticking point than them being interested in playing for us in the championship.

Id expect us to go for them and the deals to fall through because we will only offer them a pittance.

Skjelbred makes £175.000 a year, I think we can do better than £30k-ish a week. Not to mention he wants to play for us.

not sure if we can actually. not now.

What's scary is that he almost makes less in a year than Owen in a week.

My bad, currency error. He's on £3k a week.

And still runs his socks off. Puts a lot of overpaid Premiership players to shame.

Guest Stephen927

I'd be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning asking about the possibility of loaning the likes of Welbeck, Wilshere, etc.

I'd be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning asking about the possibility of loaning the likes of Welbeck, Wilshere, etc.

I'd not. If there's one thing I wished was non-existent in football, it would be loans. Mercenaries.

Guest ovesbar

Who do you want in next season to push onwards and upwards?

Three words

Per Cilian Skejlbred.

he's just been subbed by rosenborg so he's either crap or just sustained a life threatening injury.

Rosenborgs midfield would have a field day against ours.

Guest Stephen927

I'd not. If there's one thing I wished was non-existent in football, it would be loans. Mercenaries.

As long as they come in and do a job for a season I couldn't care less if they had no personal attachment to NUFC.

Guest defo

3k a week is a lot in the Championship.

It will be a lot at SJP next season

It will be hell of a lot more if the likes of Duff stick around to milk every last pound (when, lets face it, why would he drop from 60k a week to 5k a week which is probably around the max he could expect elsewhere - and we haven't even started on smith, geremi etc,)

It will be a lot at SJP next season

It will be hell of a lot more if the likes of Duff stick around to milk every last pound (when, lets face it, why would he drop from 60k a week to 5k a week which is probably around the max he could expect elsewhere - and we haven't even started on smith, geremi etc,)

3k a week is not as much as you think it is. We have players on 10-15k a week and our wage bill is probably average-ish. 3k a week is a squad/first teamer in the Championship. You just don't want to be paying more than 10-15k on too many players, a club your size can stretch to a handful of 20-30k players as well.

No it isn't. Only for the clubs that have just come up from League 1.

Especially with our gate receipts.

I've said before, I'll instantly buy a season ticket whatever league we're in if we play good, exciting football.

I don't care if we're playing Barcelona or Barnett Green Athletic B Team, I'll come along if I'm entertained. 

We need to play good football, and people will come, whatever league.

Guest Beanhole

Joe Mattock

Fabian Delph

Mark Beevers

Giles Barnes

Joe Ledley

Loan some top four youngsters.

Plunder the reserve teams of the top 4, a few more players like Guthrie would be OK, Michael Mancienne from Chelsea would be one, a decent player who isn't going to get into the Chelsea 1st team but would be good enough for most Premiership defences.

Probably worth having a look at Man City's reserves too, Daniel Sturridge & Michael Johnson would be good if we could persuade them that they have almost no chance of getting in the Man City 1st team once they get going on their spending spree.

Young players with something to prove, not has-beens with horses to feed.

Guest MrSundlofer

First of all we need a good formation to build a new team around. We should buy good exciting players, but not players from League One. We need instant promotion.

First of all we need a good formation to build a new team around. We should buy good exciting players, but not players from League One. We need instant promotion.

A good solid formation but more importantly a good solid core to build the new side around.

The biggest issue right now is making sure we have Shearer staying on or a new manage in place by the end of the week.

Then we need to work out who we will be getting rid of and making sure they are shifted out of the club immediately, this could be a huge problem, even if clubs want some of our wasters we could be stuck til mid summer before the clubs make their moves. That would be a disaster as we really need to know which areas we need to fill.

If Arsenal are really interested in Bassong I hope we work out a cash plus player (be it transfer or loan) deal. Alternatively maybe loan the likes of Bassong/Enrique out. Someone needs to point out Juventus to the board as a good example, we just cant afford to half arse next year and money going into next year.

There are some good young exciting players in League One tbh. Will come at a much better price than some Championship players who will be utterly overpriced.

A good solid formation but more importantly a good solid core to build the new side around.

The biggest issue right now is making sure we have Shearer staying on or a new manage in place by the end of the week.

Then we need to work out who we will be getting rid of and making sure they are shifted out of the club immediately, this could be a huge problem, even if clubs want some of our wasters we could be stuck til mid summer before the clubs make their moves. That would be a disaster as we really need to know which areas we need to fill.

If Arsenal are really interested in Bassong I hope we work out a cash plus player (be it transfer or loan) deal. Alternatively maybe loan the likes of Bassong/Enrique out. Someone needs to point out Juventus to the board as a good example, we just cant afford to half arse next year and money going into next year.

i'd like to do that too, but i cannot for a moment envisage Ashley turning down a cash profit on a player to let him go out on loan for a season.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll hold my hands up...I know fuck all about the Championship, its teams or its players. Nothing.