Who scarpered straight down the tunnel?

Big Geordie

Colo was the first down the tunnel, was off the pitch about 30 seconds to a minute tops after the final whistle if i remember rightly (I could easily not be remembering it quickly, i just remember at the time watching him get off very quickly)

He tried to leave the pitch but Shearer made him come back to applaud the fans which he then did but he was still one of the first to leave the pitch.

Butt was heading for the tunnel from what i could see from the 'tears on tyne' video. Were any of them at all emotional?

Taylor was on his knees, nearly in tears.

Didn't see anyone else but Owen looked like he couldn't give a flying f***.

Owen didn't look like he gave a flying fuck when he was waiting to come on, the way he was propped up on the dugout waiting for instructions.

Honest question, did Owen even get a kick this afternoon?  I really can't remember anything that he did.

One good flick on to Shola that resulted in Bambi on Ice hoofing it over.

I still can't understand how Shola's at this club, but he put himself a hell of a lot more than Owen who'll still somehow manage to get himself a cushy move to Villa or Everton or somewhere.  Shola actually played like he gave a fuck (still managed to look lazy though) something that the veteran international "stars" failed at pretty miserably.

Missed this when I made my thread. Not one of the cunts came over to genuinely thank the fans today, Butt was the only one who made any effort. No-one got anywhere near us, scandalous.

I dont get all this "they looked like they cared " nonsense. I care but i am shit at football. I dont mind if they dont care if they play well on a regular basis.

I dont get all this "they looked like they cared " nonsense. I care but i am shit at football. I dont mind if they dont care if they play well on a regular basis.

They didn't even look like they cared.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont get all this "they looked like they cared " nonsense. I care but i am s*** at football. I dont mind if they dont care if they play well on a regular basis.

Playing well + giving a shit = love

Playing well + not giving a shit = admiration

Playing shit + giving a shit = respect

Playing shit + not giving a shit = hate

If they won games then no one would care, but that they lost and still didn't look like they were bothered that they'd managed to get a club relegated.

Most of the players that got us relegated will find themselves new clubs, they'll get similar wages & a signing on fee, they'll still be playing Premiership football.  None of us get that option, we can't change our allegiance, Man City aren't going to come in & buy our support.

I care that they feel some responsibility, I care that they understand what this club, or any club, means to the fans.  The only thing those players look like they care about is their own wallets.

I dont get all this "they looked like they cared " nonsense. I care but i am s*** at football. I dont mind if they dont care if they play well on a regular basis.

Playing well + giving a shit = love

Playing well + not giving a shit = admiration

Playing shit + giving a shit = respect

Playing shit + not giving a shit = hate

They all went for option 4 today.

Guest Heneage

They seemed to lack desire all too often this season, why i will never know.

me niether. I was willing them to show a bit of urgency in the 2nd half but they just didn't seem overly bothered.

Well now all of those players will be known as the Newcastle side that got relegated and the only one it's probably harsh on is Taylor.

me niether. I was willing them to show a bit of urgency in the 2nd half but they just didn't seem overly bothered.

Well now all of those players will be known as the Newcastle side that got relegated and the only one it's probably harsh on is Taylor.

He didn't come over to the away fans either though. Bunch of gutless wankers.

what's even harsher is he's one of the few players who actually cares. For the others it's just a chance for them when they've retired to be able to look back at their careers and say "yeah I was relegated once. God, we were awful." Owen will probably bring a book out about it - "KEEPING HORSES... and relegation."