Relegation Huge Disappointment - Llambias

Dave

NEWCASTLE United Managing Director Derek Llambias has been reflecting on the Club's relegation from the Premier League.

Mr Llambias said: "Being relegated from the Premier League is a huge disappointment for everyone involved with Newcastle United.

"We are all hurting and I feel desperately sorry for everyone associated with Newcastle United; for Mike, who has invested heavily in the Club, and for all the supporters who have given the team magnificent backing up and down the country all season long.

"Mike and I will sit down with Alan this week to discuss how the Club moves forward again, and I hope to be able to say more to our supporters later this week."

f*** off.

................. although he is just a mouthpiece for the thick,unambitious prick further up the food chain.

Nothing showcased this bell-end's cluelessness more than his belief that Joe Kinnear would get off his hospital bed and walk back into the job. Why he hasn't been fired yet I have no idea.

Guest neesy111

Wonder if we'd be in this situation had Mort not left?  

mort's the reason we're in the shit as he was the one who did the "review" that said we needed the director of football position and hence dennis wise

Wonder if we'd be in this situation had Mort not left?  

mort's the reason we're in the s*** as he was the one who did the "review" that said we needed the director of football position and hence dennis wise

While that maybe true THEY still had ample time to see it wasn't working and had a transfer window in january to help see us stay in the prem.

NAh, fuck that, cut even more costs and not listen to people.

Mike Ashley is to blame for the whole lot but thats another thread.

back on topic, FUCK OFF DEREK.

Guest itsTosh

A couple of things about the Llambias statement seem odd. The phrase "huge disappointment" seems a little understated, as a few people have mentioned. Not qualifying for Europe, getting knocked out in the semi-final on penalties: those would be huge disappointments. Getting relegated with an abyss staring in front of you is a fing catastrophe.

The other thing is that while day-to-day running of the club might be Derek's remit, a statement like this is him acting as mouthpiece for the owner. As with the "fact" press release, and the one or two others since then, this statement will have been previewed and double-checked by Mike Ashley. This is what we are going to get from the boss man. And what Mike says, first off, is that he is "sorry" for himself and the investment he has put in. It may be reading a bit too much between the lines, but if this is the management line, I would not expect any change at all from the previous policies.

Guest saintscoobz

I'll tell you whats a huge dissapointment. That this cunt is MD of my fucking football club.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Didnt Llambias say that Ashley would be making some sort of statement after the january transfer window?

Guest Stephen927

Didnt Llambias say that Ashley would be making some sort of statement after the january transfer window?

Might have been Kinnear.

Either way, I'm still waiting.

in regard to Aston Villa: "they're a good team, no better than us"

Statements like this help me see that relegation isn't quite as bad as we think in the long term. Clueless, cluess prick

Should we revamp our squad completely and go straight up, we'll go into the 2010-11 premiership season with a winning mentality that's been missing at this club for 5 years.

I find myself asking, would I prefer to win the championship next season or finish mid-table in the premiership, which is the absolute best we could have hoped for tbh, given the lack of funds.

Also gives us another year in which a prospective owner could take over. Hurts like hell but this could be the making of us in the long-run.

thats the thing if we go staight back up whatever the team we have is its gunna be better than watever crap we would have had next season if we had stayed up. but it all hinges on this summer and trying to win the league next year. plus we cnt afford to start slowly we need to annoce ourselves in that league as the dominate force or else we could take months to get to grips with it

Why does Ashley come first in the list of people Llambias must say sorry to?

Llambias is a jerk of the highest order, and he could say whatever he wanted, I couldn't forgive him.

The only thing that would go down well was his resignation.

thats the thing if we go staight back up whatever the team we have is its gunna be better than watever crap we would have had next season if we had stayed up. but it all hinges on this summer and trying to win the league next year. plus we cnt afford to start slowly we need to annoce ourselves in that league as the dominate force or else we could take months to get to grips with it

Not sure I agree with that. The last time we went up, the following season we went on to finish 3rd in the PL. Football has changed since then though. IF and it's very much a big IF we buck the trend and bounce straight back up (we've never done that before) then we'll probably have to lower expectations to survival and 17th spot would be are target. assuming we reach our goal, a season on consolidation will follow, mid table, then the season after that we would be looking to push for europe. Steady progress.

This relegation has put us back by at least 2 years in my book, I know everyone is looking for that silver lining to all the clouds but realistically there isn't one and if history is anything to go by then don't expect things to change too quickly at the club, it took 4 years including a flirt with relegation to the 3rd division the last time to get us back up, lets hope we find a lot faster solution this time.

yeah i agree if we go straight back up again we will be like every other club that has gone up and will just look to survive that first season back, but my point was that if we do replace the butts/smiths/owens with upcoming young talent and have a winning mentality and somesort of momentum then we mite be in a better position to survive than we would have if we still had all the old has beens which i believe we would have if we stayed up

Why does Ashley come first in the list of people Llambias must say sorry to?

Llambias is a jerk of the highest order, and he could say whatever he wanted, I couldn't forgive him.

The only thing that would go down well was his resignation.

Easy, fella. We're all hurting, but there's no need for that sort of language.