The Villa

Guest BooBoo

Guest toonlass

I just smacks of petty spite to be honest. Fans like Brummie and Neil and others who regularly come onto this board are altogether more honest with their appraisals of Newcastle than those drafted up by national newspapers (especially newspapers who sell more copies by splashing Newcastle all over the back of them). I have given up on the newspapers more or less now. Used to buy the Independent daily but just have a quick look online now if I can be bothered.

Jesus what a thread, so bitter.

Every team would like to see another established team go down, i was happy to see Leeds go down.  Now i would like to see them back,  if Spurs, Villa, Man City were on brink of relegation i would be kind of amused about it.  It's just the way of the world.

Guest Brummiemag

Some Villa fans I know are still angry over the decision to play a reserve team against Moscow, thats where everything went wrong. It was a disgrace, particularly after getting almost a full house (not often that happens at the Villa) under false pretenses for the first leg.  IMO they should be kicked out of the competition.

If they want anyone at all to turn up for the Europa Cup next season MON needs to come out and tell the fans he intends to take it seriously. Give me cup success rather than fourth place anytime, it was a disgraceful decision and it will be interesting to see what crowds they get for the Europa Cup next season

Some Villa fans I know are still angry over the decision to play a reserve team against Moscow, thats where everything went wrong. It was a disgrace, particularly after getting almost a full house (not often that happens at the Villa) under false pretenses for the first leg.  IMO they should be kicked out of the competition.

What right do you have to be quite so indignant about it? What's it actually got to do with you?

I went to every home match in the competition, and the Intertoto qualifiers starting back in June, I spent a lot of time and money on the competition, mainly watching us play Slovakian metal bashers and Icelandic postmen, and I thought he made the right decision at the time.

We looked at that point to be pushing for the top four, we patently didn't have the squad to do it (as subsequent events showed), so he made a tough decision. It didn't work out, but at the time it was right.

I hope you'll be calling for all those clubs who play their under 12s in the Carling Cup to be barred, too.

All this over a couple of poxy banners. Jesus.

...3. Foreign clubs in the UEFA. Even MSK Zilina were quite good.

I went to that game. Zilina's fans were brilliant.

Best fans I've seen in the last few years was when we (Spurs) went to Besiktas. Everything a support should be.

Can't believe you chomped again. :lol:

I'm in an exceptionally bad mood this evening, David.

i got my head sunburned today, Fat Arse has shown his true colours, i spent the entire day at work listening to witless wankers, the Mrs gave me grief about mowing the lawn, the traffic on the M6 was fucking awful, and I drove about 3 miles at 70mph in the M6 50mph average speed check section before I realised, despite doing that route every day.

I'm now going to feed the cat (it'll be dead, no doubt), and make myself a nice cup of tea (the milk will be curdled).

Best fans I've seen in the last few years was when we (Spurs) went to Besiktas. Everything a support should be.

Yes, they were very good. I saw that Spurs game on the telly, and was iumpressed by Besiktas

I went to Ajax V Zilina and the Zilina fans were non existent!

I was gutted our match against Ajax was a home tie.

Aye that would have been a great trip, the game against Zilina was a bit dead, very sow and boring game of football but it was good to visit a new stadium and get to see a game of football that was totally unpanned, even if it was half empty there was a reasonable atmosphere created by the Ajax fans.

It was a right pain in the arse trying to get tickets mind, we were told by the staff where we were staying that you couldn't by tickets at the stadium and had to get them at certain shops but we only decided at about 6pm that we wanted to go to the game and all these shops were shut, took a gamble and went to the stadium and there was a massive ticket office!!

Aye that would have been a great trip, the game against Zilina was a bit dead, very sow and boring game of football but it was good to visit a new stadium and get to see a game of football that was totally unpanned, even if it was half empty there was a reasonable atmosphere created by the Ajax fans.

It was a right pain in the arse trying to get tickets mind, we were told by the staff where we were staying that you couldn't by tickets at the stadium and had to get them at certain shops but we only decided at about 6pm that we wanted to go to the game and all these shops were shut, took a gamble and went to the stadium and there was a massive ticket office!!

Friend of a friend is a steward at VP and said that the Ajax fans did a fair bit of damage - smashed bogs up, ripped seats out, managed to actually twist a load of the steel bars that hold the rows of seats together.

Quite impressive in a "pining for the 70s and 80s" way.

They were excellent though, best we had at our place all season. Had a great song which they sang over and over which seemed to just be "aayy aaay aaay aaay Ajax Amshterdam* ay ay ay ay Ajax Amshterdam" *

* "h" added for effect.

Friend of a friend is a steward at VP and said that the Ajax fans did a fair bit of damage - smashed bogs up, ripped seats out, managed to actually twist a load of the steel bars that hold the rows of seats together.

Quite impressive in a "pining for the 70s and 80s" way.

They were excellent though, best we had at our place all season. Had a great song which they sang over and over which seemed to just be "aayy aaay aaay aaay Ajax Amshterdam* ay ay ay ay Ajax Amshterdam" *

* "h" added for effect.

Yeah that song was going very loudly on the train over to Bijlmer.

The whole "we have the best fans in the world" discussion is reaching a point of retardness imo

If the supporters used more time on their own support and cheering their own team instead of talking/hating towards others things would be much easier.

It's like being 5,25 ft high and buying a Dodge Ram/Harley Davidson and think no one understands you got a small penis.

The thread has turned ironically boring.

Guest Brummiemag

What right do you have to be quite so indignant about it? What's it actually got to do with you?

I went to every home match in the competition, and the Intertoto qualifiers starting back in June, I spent a lot of time and money on the competition, mainly watching us play Slovakian metal bashers and Icelandic postmen, and I thought he made the right decision at the time.

We looked at that point to be pushing for the top four, we patently didn't have the squad to do it (as subsequent events showed), so he made a tough decision. It didn't work out, but at the time it was right.

I hope you'll be calling for all those clubs who play their under 12s in the Carling Cup to be barred, too.

All this over a couple of poxy banners. Jesus.

As much right as you have to come on this messageboard and comment on Newcastle.

And yes I would be and have been critical of clubs that play weakened teams in the Carling Cup or League Cup, particularly those clubs that have no chance of winning anything else. I will also be furious if Newcastle ever do as well.

I stand my comment that it was a pathetic and disgraceful decision to play a reserve team in Moscow. One of my mates (who hardly misses a game home and away) went to Moscow and he was so angry he went and got refunds for tickets for 2 villa away games on his return   

As much right as you have to come on this messageboard and comment on Newcastle.

I'm not questioning your right to comment on it, just why you are getting so indignant about it, that's all.

It's not like it has had any impact on you, is it?

He played a weakened team in the competition, we got eliminated. End of. And there isn't even the "devaluing the competition" nonsense to fall back on, as UEFA have done that by inflicting the truly absurd, television-pleasing structure which took a decent competition and turned it into something people treat like the Carling Cup in the space of a few years.

Guest Brummiemag

I'm not questioning your right to comment on it, just why you are getting so indignant about it, that's all.

It's not like it has had any impact on you, is it?

He played a weakened team in the competition, we got eliminated. End of. And there isn't even the "devaluing the competition" nonsense to fall back on, as UEFA have done that by inflicting the truly absurd, television-pleasing structure which took a decent competition and turned it into something people treat like the Carling Cup in the space of a few years.

Nothing personal its just that it really pisses me off when I see weakened teams, be it Villa, Bolton, Spurs in the UEFA Cup or other teams in the FA and League Cup. In my opinion theres no excuse for it, particularly for teams that have no realistic chance of other silverware. Its disrepectful to the fans who bother to travel and turn up.

I would rather win a League Cup and get relegated than spend year after year scraping around in the lower reaches of the Premier League, the name of the game is to win trophies. Sadly Ive got the relegation but no trophy   

Ive always thought Villa fans were wankers, so nothing has suprised me tbh.

*deleted*

Tell you what, I don;t even what to give you the benefit of seeing myself sink to your particularly low level.

I would rather win a League Cup and get relegated than spend year after year scraping around in the lower reaches of the Premier League, the name of the game is to win trophies. Sadly Ive got the relegation but no trophy   

Personally, I would rather compete for trophies, but there is no getting away from the fact that the top four these days is the holy grail of football, so it distorts matters, and normally logical people do illogical things.

I don't like it, and I genuinely wish it wasn't like that, but it is. My argument is that you shouldn't blame people like O'Neill (who effectively is judged on how close he gets us to the top four), but people like the FA, UEFA, Sky and all the clueless fucking buffoons who, step by step, are turning the game into a spectacle with the sporting value of Gladiators and the integrity of the bird on her knees at a bukkake party.

Personally, I would rather compete for trophies, but there is no getting away from the fact that the top four these days is the holy grail of football, so it distorts matters, and normally logical people do illogical things.

I don't like it, and I genuinely wish it wasn't like that, but it is. My argument is that you shouldn't blame people like O'Neill (who effectively is judged on how close he gets us to the top four), but people like the FA, UEFA, Sky and all the clueless f***ing buffoons who, step by step, are turning the game into a spectacle with the sporting value of Gladiators and the integrity of the bird on her knees at a bukkake party.

HEY! Leave her alone.......

Ive always thought Villa fans were wankers, so nothing has suprised me tbh.

*deleted*

Tell you what, I don;t even what to give you the benefit of seeing myself sink to your particularly low level.

Didn't pick up the blatent wind up?

You are one of the only other teams fans on here that i actually think has good input.

Guest foreverer

Posting of football related clips is not allowed on this forum.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19161.0.html

sounds class like