The Villa

Guest BooBoo

If it makes them happy then fine. i doubt wed be making "champions league you're having a laugh" banners if the boot was on the other foot but there you go. in any case, i bet at any ground the fans would be more interested in sending us down than actually winning the game themselves. i dont know what it is about our club that the whole country unites in hating us but there you go. let them make their banners i couldnt care less, we have bigger things to worry about

Guest toonlass

They have a 23 page thread on Villa Talk about us, not sure where this strange obsession has come from.

That's really surprising considering we are not a big club either,  O0

Football fans in banner-banter shock. The fact is that the image put forward by our club in recent years by the club itself, the players, SSN-appearing mongs, and various other parties, has resulted in pretty much universal hatred from every other set of fans.

It's hardly a shock to see the response from the Villa contingent. If we had been the club who had relegated Leeds, for instance, there would have been a similar response from sections of our fans towards them.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/saltergate/ant1.jpg

Sad bastards.

they really are. I know fans take pleasure in seeing clubs like ours go down but to actually go to that much trouble... it's not even funny.  :undecided:

So some Villa fans behaved like nobs, did they? Fucking hell!! I'm absolutely flabbergasted that football fans would behave in such a way, it's a total outrage!! Bet I couldn't find any Newcastle fans behaving like nobs...

...oh, right.

:rolleyes:

Guest Heneage

I expected it from whoever we played on the last day, next step for them is maintaing a European campaign.

It would have been the same at any ground because, barring Man Utd and Liverpool, every team in the country wishes they had a fanbase like ours, and wishes they got as much media attention as our club gets.

Other clubs fans like to go on about how we're not a big club, yet they're the ones that can never stop talking about us.  They're too fucking thick to see the irony of it all.

Maybe it will sink in for them how worse the league will be without us when they're en route to another trip to the Britannia stadium, or potenially somewhere like Turfmoor, instead of the magnificant St. James' Park.

I can't believe anyone is shocked at the reaction. There's a cue consisting of opposition fans, media and arm chair pundits lining up to point and laugh at us, it happens whenever a club of any significance goes down, remember West Ham?

A lot of it is down to the media who perceive us a bunch of us delusional, fickle, "we'd rather than lose 4-3, than 1-0" wankers when if you spent two minutes in this city you'd know it isn't true. We're not a well liked club lets face it, the annoying part of it is most of it is down to a false perception.

We've gone down, we're going to get stick, I was the first to point and laugh when the mackems went down and I knew what was coming as soon as that final whistle was blown but we've got to take it with dignity it's all part of the game, you enjoy the highs and try to ride out the lows. And while it's rather bizarre for a club like Villa to give too shits about us given the proximity and position in the league it doesn't bother me. They've had their lows, they've taken their fair amount of stick under Ellis and now they're enjoying the highs just as we were not too long ago. It's easy to laugh when you land on both feet after a rough spell, let them laugh we deserve everything we got this season. After all how many of us laughed when West Ham went down? It hurts but it's all part of the game.

So some Villa fans behaved like nobs, did they? f***ing hell!! I'm absolutely flabbergasted that football fans would behave in such a way, it's a total outrage!! Bet I couldn't find any Newcastle fans behaving like nobs...

...oh, right.

I can't imagine any of our fans going to that length.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I have to admit you have to be a grade A knob to go to the effort to get a banner done to derise a club with which there is no obvious rivalry.

O0

So some Villa fans behaved like nobs, did they? f***ing hell!! I'm absolutely flabbergasted that football fans would behave in such a way, it's a total outrage!! Bet I couldn't find any Newcastle fans behaving like nobs...

...oh, right.

I can't imagine any of our fans going to that length.

Seriously?

I Remember a game at Villa in 1986 when we won 2-1 and Gazza ran the game. There were 12000 at the game which means allowing for us there were less than 10000 Villa fans for a first division game in the second biggest city in the country which only has two teams.

Since that day I have had nothing but contempt for Aston Villa.

It would have been the same at any ground because, barring Man Utd and Liverpool, every team in the country wishes they had a fanbase like ours, and wishes they got as much media attention as our club gets.

Other clubs fans like to go on about how we're not a big club, yet they're the ones that can never stop talking about us.  They're too fucking thick to see the irony of it all.

Maybe it will sink in for them how worse the league will be without us when they're en route to another trip to the Britannia stadium, or potenially somewhere like Turfmoor, instead of the magnificant St. James' Park.

Well said sir.

Guest toonlass

They have a 23 page thread about us being relegated? How long is the thread about the smoggies being relegated?

I can't believe anyone is shocked at the reaction. There's a cue consisting of opposition fans, media and arm chair pundits lining up to point and laugh at us, it happens whenever a club of any significance goes down, remember West Ham?

A lot of it is down to the media who perceive us a bunch of us delusional, fickle, "we'd rather than lose 4-3, than 1-0" wankers when if you spent two minutes in this city you'd know it isn't true. We're not a well liked club lets face it, the annoying part of it is most of it is down to a false perception.

We've gone down, we're going to get stick, I was the first to point and laugh when the mackems went down and I knew what was coming as soon as that final whistle was blown but we've got to take it with dignity it's all part of the game, you enjoy the highs and try to ride out the lows. And while it's rather bizarre for a club like Villa to give too shits about us given the proximity and position in the league it doesn't bother me. They've had their lows, they've taken their fair amount of stick under Ellis and now they're enjoying the highs just as we were not too long ago. It's easy to laugh when you land on both feet after a rough spell, let them laugh we deserve everything we got this season. After all how many of us laughed when West Ham went down? It hurts but it's all part of the game.

Well said.

Guest toonlass

The mackems, the smoggies you can understand. For Villa fans to go to the lengths of making two banners, and then stand around for over an hour to stick their fingers up and make "wanker" gestures at us is just silly though. They are more bothered about us going down than West Brom.

I'm happy for them to take the piss, as long as they are happy for me to broadbrush characterise all their supporters in the same way. I'd also expect a bit more than 'who's your next messiah, ant or dec?'. Its like a 12 year old in the playground thinking he is making a joke but failing miserably.

Villa fans - Too boring to be actually funny.

They have a 23 page thread about us being relegated? How long is the thread about the smoggies being relegated?

Who gives a fuck?

That's obviously a rhetorical question going by this thread like.

Has anyone thought that, perhaps, if we were to take this with something approaching dignity then that might go some way to overcoming the negative stereotypes that a lot of people hold of us? All bullshit like this thread does is give them more ammunition to use against us.

To be fair, if we were going to lose i would rather lose 4-3 than 1-0, it's better for the goal difference (goals scored and all that).  O0

To be fair, if we were going to lose i would rather lose 4-3 than 1-0, it's better fir the goal difference (goals scored and all that).  O0

:lol:

Best edit that.

A lot of it is down to the media who perceive us a bunch of us delusional, fickle, "we'd rather than lose 4-3, than win 1-0" wankers when if you spent two minutes in this city you'd know it isn't true. We're not a well liked club lets face it, the annoying part of it is most of it is down to a false perception.

Well said.

Guest toonlass

Who gives a fuck?

Has anyone thought that, perhaps, if we were to take this with something approaching dignity then that might go some way to overcoming the negative stereotypes that a lot of people hold of us? All bullshit like this thread does is give them more ammunition to use against us.

Ah this dignity that was shown at Villa Park by the majority of the Newcastle fans, while up in Newcastle, fans are burning shirts and stuff. Wonder how many of them actually go to games.

Who gives a fuck?

Football fans in 'indignant at being kicked when down' shocker.

Sorry Indi, this is my issue de jour, as i can focus on this supposed slight from the Villa fans instead of reflecting on how shit a team we are/were.

Anyway, we only think Brummie is an interesting poster because we can read what he says instead of listening to it.

;)

Who gives a fuck?

Football fans in 'indignant at being kicked when down' shocker.

Sorry Indi, this is my issue de jour, as i can focus on this supposed slight from the Villa fans instead of reflecting on how shit a team we are/were.

Anyway, we only think Brummie is an interesting poster because we can read what he says instead of listening to it.

;)

Fair enough, at least you're honest.

Guest firetotheworks

News just in: One banner doesn't represent an entire fan base, in the same way that one fat shirtless tattooed crying Geordie doesn't.