The Villa

Guest BooBoo

I like Villa and have no problem with all of their fans that I know around here (and Brummie on here of course) but I have to admit you have to be a grade A knob to go to the effort to get a banner done to derise a club with which there is no obvious rivalry.

Maybe highlights more the demise of what was turning into a brilliant season for them that they couldnt bring any messages of support for MON or the team.  :undecided:

Guest toonlass

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/saltergate/ant1.jpg

Sad bastards.

Ahhh I knew it would be some hilariously witty quip. Amazing how no newcastle fans have called anyone a "messiah" and yet it gets shoved in our faces. The only person who I know who has actually used the term "messiah" in regards to Newcastle is Berny Slavin. Basically just shows their bandwagon jumpers with the inability to think for themselves and just believe everything the Star or the Sun tells them.

Highlight of the boring cunts' year. Its a sad indictment of the country's second largest city that their lives are that empty and boring that the fate of a north eastern football club inspires them to bring a shit attempt at humour (what else? the only joke in birmingham is the accent) on a banner.

That must have been a fucking tedious saturday but again, no surprise there when you live in the most boring city in the country.

Inspired by their own boredom tbh. Boring cunts.

Expected a bit better of you, Chez, that's a bit like me spouting utter nonsense about Newcastle.

There's no point trying to take the moral ground on something if you then immediately sink to the level of the people you're having a go at.

Whatever the motives of whoever made the banner, look at all the people on here getting their knickers in a twist over it. You'd think you'd have bigger things to worry about, to be honest, other than a banner. Keep it in perspective.

Guest BooBoo

Brummie, the point is that considering Villa have had a pretty good year and that a fan favourite was bidding farewell to Villa Park, your fans (well some anyway) were more focussed on a team that they never have had serious beef with.

It does seem all a bit OTT because, as Robster said, there's no obvious rivalry between the 2 clubs.

Banter and indeed disliking certain teams is part and parcel of the game, I don't see a problem with it - going to the length however of writing banners about a club you're really not particularly connected to is poor IMO.

Brummie, the point is that considering Villa have had a pretty good year and that a fan favourite was bidding farewell to Villa Park, your fans (well some anyway) were more focussed on a team that they never have had serious beef with.

And did you really expect any different, had the match been played anywhere else in the country?

I understand people getting annoyed, but my points are:

1. Schadenfreude. It is what football is built on. How this surprises anyone is beyond me,

2. People in this thread spouting utter nonsense like "shit boring fans, shit city yada yada yada" being probably the same people who - quite rightly - get the hump when others go on about fat blokes with their shirts off crying need to get a grip and think about what they're saying and what kind of negative stereotypes they're perpetuating.

3. If you'd gone down and nobody had batted an eyelid that's when you should be worried, not when it gets the kind of reaction and coverage it has just got.

4. Martin Laursen - we did give him a good send off. After we'd got your fans to stop singing through his speaking to the crowd, that is.

What a bunch of cunts.

Really glad they fucked up their champions league hopes now. (Earlier on in the season I wanted them to get there). The way they treated the UEFA Cup this season suggests that they don't deserve it next season, as well.

Perhaps they're a bit jealous that they couldn't match what SBR's team did a while back and break into the top 4.

Nothing personal, Brummie!

Just think of how skint we'd be if we didn't let you have Reo Coker! How's he doing by the way?  :snod:

Think he'll be off this summer. Not got much of a look in the second half of the season.

He's a great tackler, and it is good to have a niggly bastard like him in the centre of the pitch at times, but his passing is really utterly woeful.

Highlight of the boring cunts' year. Its a sad indictment of the country's second largest city that their lives are that empty and boring that the fate of a north eastern football club inspires them to bring a shit attempt at humour (what else? the only joke in birmingham is the accent) on a banner.

That must have been a fucking tedious saturday but again, no surprise there when you live in the most boring city in the country.

Inspired by their own boredom tbh. Boring cunts.

Expected a bit better of you, Chez, that's a bit like me spouting utter nonsense about Newcastle.

There's no point trying to take the moral ground on something if you then immediately sink to the level of the people you're having a go at.

Whatever the motives of whoever made the banner, look at all the people on here getting their knickers in a twist over it. You'd think you'd have bigger things to worry about, to be honest, other than a banner. Keep it in perspective.

Hit a nerve like? Wasnt the most serious post i've ever made and given the circumstances, am allowed a rant at whatever takes my fancy today.

Kicking people when they are down, using a stick to beat them with that is neither funny or reflective of any reality associated with the real supporters of our club is about as unimaginative as it gets.

The perspective is this: Newcastle fans arent deluded, they dont expect to win trophies, they dont choose their managers directly, nor do they write the stories in the press so if a bunch of brummie muppets want to put their neck out, make sure you do it properly, or let your own reputation as fans suffer.

Why should i not characterise your whole support on the basis of the banner? Thats exactly what the banner makers themselves were doing about us. Good for the goose...

Why should i not characterise your whole support on the basis of the banner? Thats exactly what the banner makers themselves were doing about us. Good for the goose...

Therein lies my point.

Sink to their level and you've not got a leg to stand on when it comes to claiming the moral high ground.

Rant all you like, I'm just a bit disappointed to read crap like that coming from one as sensible as you, regardless of the circumstances.

Guest BooBoo

Therein lies my point.

Sink to their level and you've not got a leg to stand on when it comes to claiming the moral high ground.

Rant all you like, I'm just a bit disappointed to read crap like that coming from one as sensible as you, regardless of the circumstances.

Well you know what to do if you don't like it!

:-)

Therein lies my point.

Well you know what to do if you don't like it!

:-)

Yes I do.

Bye.

Guest Ebolarama

I have no problem with Villa. Fantastically run club, great owner, great manager.

Sections of our fans would have done exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Football fans are stupid morons. It's a fact of life. Grow up - we're relegated because we are fucking useless.

Guest BooBoo

I have no problem with Villa. Fantastically run club, great owner, great manager.

Sections of our fans would have done exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Football fans are stupid morons. It's a fact of life. Grow up - we're relegated because we are fucking useless.

Wrong, our fans wouldn't have done the same. A few chants? Certainly. Banners? Gerraway.

Sections of our fans would have done exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Football fans are stupid morons. It's a fact of life. Grow up - we're relegated because we are f***ing useless.

Bringing banners with daft slogans about Villa?

Highly doubt it.

Therein lies my point.

Thats me telt.

We've just been relegated in a season where i have invested upwards of 3 grand following the club from abroad. You're right though, i'll try to keep things in perspective.

Another irony is that my post taking the piss wasnt serious, it was quite jokey in tone and you're all 'disappointed'. A bit like me and your ant'n'dec banner.

I find it curious why fans of various Premier League clubs have been at pains to tell us how small a club we are for years, yet when we are relegated it is massive news for them, even prompting fans of Villa - a club that really has nothing to do with us - to go out of their way and bring banners that say nothing about their own team.

The size of a football club is all about perception and their reaction shows that deep down these people do perceive us as a fairly big club, they're just afraid to admit it. Did West Ham fans take banners mocking Boro? In fact nobody is even talking about Boro, who have just been relegated after a decade in the league themselves. Says a lot.

I just find it ironic how one or two fans are filmed by Sky saying we're gonna win the league like 6 or 7 years ago when we were actually up there competing and it gets blown up to the point where every other teams supporters are like "Oh those deluded geordies, they all think they're gonna win the league. Stupid small club. Yeah relegation serves them right. Their expectations are far too high." What is it about our club that breeds such contempt?

And did you really expect any different, had the match been played anywhere else in the country?

I understand people getting annoyed, but my points are:

1. Schadenfreude. It is what football is built on. How this surprises anyone is beyond me,

2. People in this thread spouting utter nonsense like "shit boring fans, shit city yada yada yada" being probably the same people who - quite rightly - get the hump when others go on about fat blokes with their shirts off crying need to get a grip and think about what they're saying and what kind of negative stereotypes they're perpetuating.

3. If you'd gone down and nobody had batted an eyelid that's when you should be worried, not when it gets the kind of reaction and coverage it has just got.

4. Martin Laursen - we did give him a good send off. After we'd got your fans to stop singing through his speaking to the crowd, that is.

Couldn't believe the stick we were getting for singing through that. Don't get me wrong, he's a sound bloke and probably deserves a good send off but it's not like he's dead. A fucking multi-millionaire footballer having to retire approximately two years early is not going to stop me supporting my team that has just got relegated. It's not a minutes silence.

TBF to Villa I thought their support was ok but let down by the odd small minded wanker as you would expect at a football game. Got closer to getting in a fight with a mackem after the game :lol:

Guest timmy boy

They have a 23 page thread on Villa Talk about us, not sure where this strange obsession has come from.

I just find it ironic how one or two fans are filmed by Sky saying we're gonna win the league like 6 or 7 years ago when we were actually up there competing and it gets blown up to the point where every other teams supporters are like "Oh those deluded geordies, they all think they're gonna win the league. Stupid small club. Yeah relegation serves them right. Their expectations are far too high." What is it about our club that breeds such contempt?

When you're doing well and support your team they call you passionate. When you're doing badly and support your team they call you deluded.

In the 90s we were everyone's second team apparently. We were the good guys, taking on Alex Ferguson, providing entertainment and shaking things up. I can't remember when exactly, perhaps around the time of Robson's sacking, we became the bad guys, an example of how a club should not be run. Results dried up and overnight we all became thick, deluded and impatient.

The truth is that most fans don't know much at all about other clubs and base their opinions on the daily rags, match of the day and other media outlets. Things get repeated to the point that they're quoted as gospel. We've been getting consistently bad press for years now. We're playing badly yet we get big crowds and in their eyes it makes us deluded, yet most of us are just trying to support our team.