Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Lovenkrands hasn't scored regularly at this level in his entire career, why would he start now? He'll be an absolute passenger in the PL.

Rubbish. He hasnt had a fair enough run in the PL for you to make that comment. The last time he played for us in the PL, the club was in a total state of shambles. I doubt even bloody Rooney would have performed for us under those circumstances.

And you are one of these people screaming for the club to sign that well known PL greyhound, Kris Boyd?

Take a reality check, mate. Our options are limited and if we have to go with what we have, then Lovenkrands will score goals in the PL given good enough service.

How many times did Lovenkrands score against teams who finished in the top half last season? He's not PL class, not even close.

As for Boyd, there isn't one person on this board "screaming for the club" to sign him, that's all in your head. Most of us just see that on a free, his signing would represent a nowt to lose, everything to gain situation.

You are doing a damn good job of contradicting yourself, yet again (remembering the Cole/Beckford comments).

Whlst Lovenkrands has limited EPL experience, he has scored some goals when pklayed up front and against top 4 opposition, as well. Remember the 1-2 against Manchester United. He cost us nothing to bring to the club, much like Boyd will, if we bring him  in. However, Boyd is totally unproven at EPL level and yet you are happy for us to sign him on a free. Boyd's record in Scotland is very good but as pointed out countless times by numerous people on here, the majority of his goals have come against bottom 6 opposition in the SPL. His record against the likes of Hearts, Celtic and Hibs is not particularly good. His record in europe for Rangers is shocking and at international level, reasonable but when you check the quality of the opposition he scored against, I would even back you to score against them.

Furthermore, he has no pace, no movement, is lazy and whilst Rangers supplied a never ending procession of opportunities for him to score, he will not get anywhere near the same service at NUFC  in the EPL if he signs.

Lovenkrands is different. He is quick, can score goals, his movement is exceptional and he is a real team player, something which cannot be said of Boyd. In fact, I would say Lovenkrands is even better than Boyd in the air.

You are doing a damn good job of contradicting yourself, yet again (remembering the Cole/Beckford comments).

Whlst Lovenkrands has limited EPL experience, he has scored some goals when pklayed up front and against top 4 opposition, as well. Remember the 1-2 against Manchester United. He cost us nothing to bring to the club, much like Boyd will, if we bring him  in. However, Boyd is totally unproven at EPL level and yet you are happy for us to sign him on a free. Boyd's record in Scotland is very good but as pointed out countless times by numerous people on here, the majority of his goals have come against bottom 6 opposition in the SPL. His record against the likes of Hearts, Celtic and Hibs is not particularly good. His record in europe for Rangers is shocking and at international level, reasonable but when you check the quality of the opposition he scored against, I would even back you to score against them.

Furthermore, he has no pace, no movement, is lazy and whilst Rangers supplied a never ending procession of opportunities for him to score, he will not get anywhere near the same service at NUFC  in the EPL if he signs.

Lovenkrands is different. He is quick, can score goals, his movement is exceptional and he is a real team player, something which cannot be said of Boyd. In fact, I would say Lovenkrands is even better than Boyd in the air.

:clap:

Totally agree.

Yep. And i'm totally convinced you two have seen loads of Kris Boyd. And Lovenkrands for that matter.

A 'real team player' is someone who contributes to team play, Lovenkrands doesn't. He stays on the shoulder and looks lost and ineffective playing any deeper or wider than that. And where is the contradiction? Boyd represents zero risk. From a goalscoring perspective Lovenkrands has had not one season in his entire career like Boyd's last 3 or 4.

Lovenkrands managed 10 league goals last season from open play. I like the bloke a lot but if that's convinced any of you that he's fit to start in the PL i'd suggest you pull your head out of the sand.

Lovenkrands hasn't scored regularly at this level in his entire career, why would he start now? He'll be an absolute passenger in the PL.

Rubbish. He hasnt had a fair enough run in the PL for you to make that comment. The last time he played for us in the PL, the club was in a total state of shambles. I doubt even bloody Rooney would have performed for us under those circumstances.

And you are one of these people screaming for the club to sign that well known PL greyhound, Kris Boyd?

Take a reality check, mate. Our options are limited and if we have to go with what we have, then Lovenkrands will score goals in the PL given good enough service.

How many times did Lovenkrands score against teams who finished in the top half last season? He's not PL class, not even close.

As for Boyd, there isn't one person on this board "screaming for the club" to sign him, that's all in your head. Most of us just see that on a free, his signing would represent a nowt to lose, everything to gain situation.

Whlst Lovenkrands has limited EPL experience, he has scored some goals when pklayed up front and against top 4 opposition, as well. Remember the 1-2 against Manchester United.

An entire point based on him having the ball dropped at his feet? I give up.

Yep. And i'm totally convinced you two have seen loads of Kris Boyd. And Lovenkrands for that matter.

A 'real team player' is someone who contributes to team play, Lovenkrands doesn't. He stays on the shoulder and looks lost and ineffective playing any deeper or wider than that. And where is the contradiction? Boyd represents zero risk. From a goalscoring perspective Lovenkrands has had not one season in his entire career like Boyd's last 3 or 4.

Lovenkrands managed 10 league goals last season from open play. I like the bloke a lot but if that's convinced any of you that he's fit to start in the PL i'd suggest you pull your head out of the sand.

What a load of crap. You still cannot admit you are wrong. I see Boyd most weeks here, as we get live SPL games here in Australia every week and as you know, it is usually both Rangers and Celtic so I am in a very good position to judge Boyd.

As for your crap about Lovenkrands, you have failed to take into account a number of issues relating to him last season such as no pre season with the club, played out of position for the most part during the first half of the season or put on the bench. It wasnt until January that he started regularly in his favoured position.

You are probably one of those numpties that boo him when he scores, I suppose, That is if you actually go to any games.

By the way, still fighting for your country?

Guest BooBoo

I've railed against Ronaldo in the past but I'm with him on this one. I'd be far happier with Lovenkrands employed like Philips was last year at Birmingham. Last twenty minutes as an impact sub. I just dont think he'll cut the mustard next year on a regular basis. Getting a partner in for Carroll has to be a priority, although I don't expect to see any new signings so it's somewhat of a moot point.

"one of those numpties that boo him when he scores?" Get a new hobby, Macca.  :lol:

Of course i'm not going to admit i'm wrong. The season hasn't even started, man.

Alex Mcleish has worked with both players, he's constantly been in for Boyd but decided against a contract for Lovenkrands last summer. If the overwhelming goalscoring evidence doesn't convince you, that perhaps should.

Whlst Lovenkrands has limited EPL experience, he has scored some goals when pklayed up front and against top 4 opposition, as well. Remember the 1-2 against Manchester United.

You onl;y read what you want to read, sonny. How many goals does Boyd score in the 6 yard box? What about the likes of Gary lineker, Shearer, all the best goal scorers to be frank. It doesnt matter if it was dropped at his feet or not, HE WAS IN THE POSITION TO TAKE ADVANTAGE..........DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

The point is that Lovenkrands has much more to his game than just scoring goalsd. Boyd hasnt. In the PL, Boyd will find it so much more difficult to score because of superior opposition and the limited amount of chances created for him. Lovenkrands has already scored goals in the PL as well as the CCC which is probably a higher level than the SPL anyway.

I agree that we need another striker, someone who can guarantee 20 goals a season but there are very few of those around and the way the game is being played now, success is built around more than one main striker contributing. I see Lovenkrands movement creating opportunities for others as a better prospect than Boyd in that area. I also see Lovenkrand being a better option up front to partner Carroll than Boyd because of his pace, rading of the game and understanding he has with the big lad already. Boyd is cumbersome and lacks movement. His career has been built around snapping up chances in a the 6 yard box in a  mickey mouse league where chances are put on a plate for him against div.2 type opposition. Against quality, he has regularly failed to deliver.

Now, I dont expect you to agree with me nor do I care. If I said the colour of the type on this reply was black, you would probably say it was red. That is just the type of bloke you are. You are not capable of seeing other peoples point of view.

Lets just say this to finalise this discussion, at the current time, we are not in a financial position to buy that 20 goal a season striker we are looking for so we have to go with what we have or on the cheap. If Boyd does sign for the club, I would be more than happy to be proven wrong by him, but I dont think he will sign nor will he prove me wrong either.

"one of those numpties that boo him when he scores?" Get a new hobby, Macca.  :lol:

Of course i'm not going to admit i'm wrong. The season hasn't even started, man.

Alex Mcleish has worked with both players, he's constantly been in for Boyd but decided against a contract for Lovenkrands last summer. If the overwhelming goalscoring evidence doesn't convince you, that perhaps should.

I dont think you even read my posts properly.

If McLeish has been in for Boyd so often, then why hasnt he signed him then? I believe he signed Zigic instead. Answer that one!

The point is that Lovenkrands has much more to his game than just scoring goalsd.

Really? He managed 2 assists last season. I think you just make stuff up for a laugh. Keep it up though, very entertaining.

I dont think you even read my posts properly.

If McLeish has been in for Boyd so often, then why hasnt he signed him then? I believe he signed Zigic instead. Answer that one!

Because Zigic is better? :lol:

The point is that Lovenkrands has much more to his game than just scoring goalsd.

Really? He managed 2 assists last season. I think you just make stuff up for a laugh. Keep it up though, very entertaining.

He scored 16 goals as well. However, have you considered the point that his ability to take defenders away from the box may have contributed to many of the goals Nolan, Guthrie etc scored as well?

If you had a reasonable knowledge of the game, you would understand that strikers contribute a whole lot more than scoring goals or put them on a plate for others.

Furthermore, show me the proof over the 2 assists. Until then, I would say you might well be understating the fact.

As for Zigic being better than Boyd, you still havent answered my question. If McLeish had been after Boyd for so long, why didnt he sign him? Or, are you just believing everything that is written in the papers?

As for Zigic being better than Boyd, you still havent answered my question. If McLeish had been after Boyd for so long, why didnt he sign him? Or, are you just believing everything that is written in the papers?

Erm, because Rangers rejected their offer?

So, you have evidence of an offer, have you? Like you have evidence of Lovenkrands assists last season?

ermmmmm

As far as I am aware, Boyd could have signed a pre contract agreement with Birmingham back in January but it appears he hasnt. Would I be right in assuming this?

If McLeish rated him so highly, why has he spent 8 million on Zigic when he could have got Boyd for nothing?

and dont say Zigic is the better player because as yet, he is unproven in the PL. Mind you, neither is Boyd.

I think you make up things just to try and get yourself out of a hole.

ERRRMMMMMMMMMMM

Lovenkrands is being ridiculously underrated in this thread IMO. Of course he's no top PL striker, but he's good enough to do the job that we need him to do.

Wolve's top scorer in the league got 9 last season, Fulham's got 8 - it's a myth that you need a top scorer to keep you up. Hell, if we stay up because the ball bundles in off Smith's arse I'll be happy.

So, you have evidence of an offer, have you? Like you have evidence of Lovenkrands assists last season?

ermmmmm

As far as I am aware, Boyd could have signed a pre contract agreement with Birmingham back in January but it appears he hasnt. Would I be right in assuming this?

If McLeish rated him so highly, why has he spent 8 million on Zigic when he could have got Boyd for nothing?

and dont say Zigic is the better player because as yet, he is unproven in the PL. Mind you, neither is Boyd.

I think you make up things just to try and get yourself out of a hole.

ERRRMMMMMMMMMMM

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Rangers-ready-to-listen-to.4849114.jp

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=6795&cc=5739

Then you do believe everything that is written in the media then. Silly Boy

You can throw newspaper or tv articles at me till the cows come home but facts are facts. The facts are that the vast majority of articles are made up.

Why hasnt Boyd signed a pre contract agreement with McLeish at Birmingham?

Where is the evidence of only 2 Lovenkrands assists last season?

"Ibrox chairman Sir David Murray told BBC Scotland: "Birmingham have made an enquiry. We talked about money but we haven't agreed a fee and no business will be done today.

"We rejected a bid of around £3million but if they improve it, we'll allow them to speak to Kris Boyd."

Looks like your reading is almost as good as your writing.

"Ibrox chairman Sir David Murray told BBC Scotland: "Birmingham have made an enquiry. We talked about money but we haven't agreed a fee and no business will be done today.

"We rejected a bid of around £3million but if they improve it, we'll allow them to speak to Kris Boyd."

Once again, it is media hype. If McLeish is so desperate for him, WHY HASNT HE SIGNED HIM FOR FREE ON A PRE CONTRACT AGREEMENT?

With that, I am off to watch Australia murder USA 1-0

Once again, it is media hype. If McLeish is so desperate for him, WHY HASNT HE SIGNED HIM FOR FREE ON A PRE CONTRACT AGREEMENT?

With that, I am off to watch Australia murder USA 1-0

Media hype that he made a £3m offer? Of course it is.  :lol:

I never said Mcleish was desperate for him, stop making things up. I said that he offered money for Boyd and refused to sign Lovenkrands on a free.