Beckford From Leeds.

Crumpy Gunt

Fair play. I'm sure there are a few who've seen him a bit, but I'm always sceptical of the youtube scouts...

Would he be a good signing then?

I think he'd be a great signing now. The obvious comparison would be Andy Keogh, as Beckford took over his role for Scunthorpe in league 1 a couple of years ago. Keogh looked quality in the Championship, and Beckford's the better goalscorer.

I'd actually approach Wolves and see if they'd sell Keogh now they're in the prem....

Fair play. I'm sure there are a few who've seen him a bit, but I'm always sceptical of the youtube scouts...

I think he'd be a great signing now. The obvious comparison would be Andy Keogh, as Beckford took over his role for Scunthorpe in league 1 a couple of years ago. Keogh looked quality in the Championship, and Beckford's the better goalscorer.

I'd actually approach Wolves and see if they'd sell Keogh now they're in the prem....

Don't know anything about Keogh either :lol:

Name a striker I'll have heard of he's similar to...

the times i've saw him play he's reminded me of an andy cole / ian wright sorta striker, got a knack of being in the right place at the right time.

however ... my mate is a huge leeds fan and says he's got a tendency to switch off a lot too, but when he's concentrating, he's great

Don't know anything about Keogh either :lol:

Name a striker I'll have heard of he's similar to...

Les Ferdinand ;)

Nah, the Ian Wright comparison is a good one.

14.46 Interesting developments from our friends at Sky Bet. Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford has gone from 20/1 to 11/4 to join West Brom.

:undecided:

Oh well, that's two they have taken from us. Going to have to rely on loan signings I think because the window will be closed before we sort this mess out.

Guest Heneage

Put this lad with Beckford, we'll go up.

Assume you mean Carroll? :laugh:

Yes I do. I'm sorry, to quote James "I'm Shaking with rage."

Guest Heneage

:lol:

Ridiculously early days of course, but I tend to agree with you. We need a goalscorer, Beckford will do.

You know what mate, I've given Ranger flack , but I'd put him on now. Ameobi time and time again has shown he lacks any sort of skill.

Ridiculously early days of course, but I tend to agree with you. We need a goalscorer, Beckford will do.

You know what mate, I've given Ranger flack , but I'd put him on now. Ameobi time and time again has shown he lacks any sort of skill.

Ranger MUST be a better option, why the fuck Carroll went off today I will never know.

Guest Heneage

Ranger MUST be a better option, why the f*** Carroll went off today I will never know.

His nod down to Barton was better than anything Ameobi did.

Put this lad with Beckford, we'll go up.

I think I agree. We need a goal scorer. Someone should get hold of Ashley & tell him that regardless of the sale to go & buy him. I'm surprised 'boro aren't in for him - they need a goal scorer as much as we do - Tuncay & Alves aren't staying & they have the Downing cash to play with.

I've honestly never seen him play, but every morning I wake up in fear that he'll sign for another club. :lol:

I just feel that one striker + one manager indeed would open up the possibility of a lucky promotion for us.

If we do not sign Beckford or an alike player (or give Ranger a chance ahead of Shola) we will struggle to get promoted.  I have came to this conclusion due to every other team in the Championship seemingly being able to create goals and have a 20+ goals a season striker.