Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Delighted to hear we're signing Sol Campbell.

Now very much looking forward to us also signing Darren Anderton, Steve McNanaman, Trevor Sinclair, Shaun Goater, Martin Keown, Gareth Southgate, Paul Ince...

:facepalm:

How many of those played PL football last season?

Now very much looking forward to us also signing Darren Anderton, Steve McNanaman, Trevor Sinclair, Shaun Goater, Martin Keown, Gareth Southgate, Paul Ince...

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Someone remind me - which smiley is the "sarcasm" smiley for use when being sarcastic...

Guest Heneage

Someone remind me - which smiley is the "sarcasm" smiley for use when being sarcastic...

I feel a GM related one for when someone is talking utter tripe about football might be required.

Fair enough  :razz: But people have been saying stuff like 'too old' and 'crap now' etc.

Wait, was that a serious question? :dowie:

I feel a GM related one for when someone is talking utter tripe about football might be required.

It already exists. :gm:

Eh? Even I'm confused now.  I thought GM was being cynical I know none of them played PL football last season.  :laugh:

Eh? Even I'm confused now.  I thought GM was being cynical I know none of them played PL football last season.  :laugh:

It's late. I'm tired. I'm sure everyone else is too. So let me spell it out for everyone's benefit.

I was simply making a throwaway sarcastic comment. I'm sure Sol will be just fine for us in the CCC - but he's no spring chicken (as has been said here already, ad nauseum...).

But if folks want to twist it, make it into something more than it was ever intended to be, go on. Have a ball. Enjoy yourself.

It's late. I'm tired. I'm sure everyone else is too. So let me spell it out for everyone's benefit.

I was simply making a throwaway sarcastic comment. I'm sure Sol will be just fine for us in the CCC - but he's no spring chicken (as has been said here already, ad nauseum...).

But if folks want to twist it, make it into something more than it was ever intended to be, go on. Have a ball. Enjoy yourself.

I didn't realise you were messing around man, thought you were taking the piss saying he was past it.

Everyone is in agreement!  :aww:

Racist.

Racist.

I have no idea what you think is racist.

But I am racist.

So perhaps you mean me.

Racist.

But I am racist.

So perhaps you mean me.

Of course I mean you. It's obvious you dislike Sol Campbell for one reason: because he is a big, beautiful black man.

Sol Campbell won us the 99 FA Cup Semi at Old Trafforf so it wouldn't be the first time he has helped us out.

I'd love to have him, S Taylor and Carrol all in the opposition box during corners

>:D

Isn't Taylor leaving for Everton though?

Racist.

But I am racist.

So perhaps you mean me.

Of course I mean you. It's obvious you dislike Sol Campbell for one reason: because he is a big, beautiful black man.

He's a beast.

Racist.

But I am racist.

So perhaps you mean me.

He's a beast.

Black men aren't animals, GM.

Racist.

But I am racist.

So perhaps you mean me.

He's a beast.

Black men aren't animals, GM.

Some of them are.

If you're lucky. :naughty: :gayfight:

Sol Campbell weighing up switch to... Notts County!

Last modified  23:24 18/08/09  Exclusive by James Nursey

Sol Campbell is seriously considering an amazing switch to Notts County after being offered a player/coach role by Sven Goran Eriksson.

Former England defender Campbell, 34, had initially been cool on a move to League Two with County after having interest from Hull City and Newcastle.

But ambitious County have gone back with an improved offer - and his former England boss Eriksson is ready to give him a chance to break into coaching.

Ex-Arsenal and Tottenham defender Campbell is a free agent after snubbing a new contract at Portsmouth.

Campbell wanted to stay in the top flight to keep alive his hopes of going to next summer’s World Cup. But it is believed Hull are no longer in the running while Newcastle’s ownership is uncertain.

But Campbell now also fears that his World Cup dream be unrealistic under England boss Fabio Capello and is seriously considering County’s offer.

Ambitious County, who have got off to a flying start after Eriksson became director of football, are expecting an answer by the end of the week and are increasingly confident.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sol-Campbell-weighing-up-switch-to-Notts-County-article121451.html

Sol Campbell weighing up switch to... Notts County!

Last modified  23:24 18/08/09   Exclusive by James Nursey

Sol Campbell is seriously considering an amazing switch to Notts County after being offered a player/coach role by Sven Goran Eriksson.

Former England defender Campbell, 34, had initially been cool on a move to League Two with County after having interest from Hull City and Newcastle.

But ambitious County have gone back with an improved offer - and his former England boss Eriksson is ready to give him a chance to break into coaching.

Ex-Arsenal and Tottenham defender Campbell is a free agent after snubbing a new contract at Portsmouth.

Campbell wanted to stay in the top flight to keep alive his hopes of going to next summer’s World Cup. But it is believed Hull are no longer in the running while Newcastle’s ownership is uncertain.

But Campbell now also fears that his World Cup dream be unrealistic under England boss Fabio Capello and is seriously considering County’s offer.

Ambitious County, who have got off to a flying start after Eriksson became director of football, are expecting an answer by the end of the week and are increasingly confident.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sol-Campbell-weighing-up-switch-to-Notts-County-article121451.html

No quotes or anything that might suggest he actually is interested.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Sol Campbell won us the 99 FA Cup Semi at Old Trafforf so it wouldn't be the first time he has helped us out.

I'd love to have him, S Taylor and Carrol all in the opposition box during corners

>:D

Ameobi is clearly the most clinical headerer of a ball in this league/country on last game's evidence.