Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Yeah.. but did he pick Danny Simpson as the emergency RB cover? Someone obviously singled that player out for loan.

Well he was suppossedly on Shearer's list. It was probably an easy thing for everyone to agree on.

"As far as I know, he [saylor] is still at the club at the moment. Whether anything has happened that I don't know about is a different matter but I'm pretty sure he'll be playing on Wednesday.

"Him asking to leave or leaving is not something that I'm aware of. I haven't been told by anyone that there has been a bid and I'm sure that I would be informed by someone if anything like that had happened."

Poor sod. He obviously knows nowt. Shit position to be in, tbh.

Yeah.. but did he pick Danny Simpson as the emergency RB cover? Someone obviously singled that player out for loan.

Well he was suppossedly on Shearer's list. It was probably an easy thing for everyone to agree on.

But was he? The only time he's been mentioned was in an article titled 'Who Could Newcastle Sign?' or similar.. the connection to Simpson made sense because he's been loaned out regular and has played at this level.

If he was on Shearers list and Hughton went straight out and loaned him based on this though that would suggest that the two are in contact about potential targets.

"As far as I know, he [saylor] is still at the club at the moment. Whether anything has happened that I don't know about is a different matter but I'm pretty sure he'll be playing on Wednesday.

"Him asking to leave or leaving is not something that I'm aware of. I haven't been told by anyone that there has been a bid and I'm sure that I would be informed by someone if anything like that had happened."

Poor sod. He obviously knows nowt. s*** position to be in, tbh.

Didn't he hear about Edgar leaving on the telly?  He is really not ITK

Guest antz1uk

we could still get a good 3 years out of Campbell, possibly more. I mean Maldini went until he was 40.

i know what your saying, but maldini is the best defender the world has ever seen and also serie A is a hell of a lot slower with much more time on the ball, although, i do agree, campbell would be a fantastic aquisition for us in this league and also to bring on Taylor or any other centre halves we have, we have only ever had 1 good, commanding communicating centre half in recent years and that was woodgate and when he played even bramble looked good

we could still get a good 3 years out of Campbell, possibly more. I mean Maldini went until he was 40.

You don't need me to point out all the flaws in your logic here.

yes I do, don't be so lazy.

Well, for a start: he's not Maldini.

yes I do, don't be so lazy.

no but the resemblance is uncanny.

Guest Phil K

Sol is past his sell by date Premier level no doubt

But re: Maldini - you don't seem to have noticed WE AREN'T PREMIER LEAGUE EITHER.

Dropping down will give Sol a new lease of life for maybe a season or two. He's still Prem standard, maybe only just but more than good enough for where we are.

But re: Maldini - you don't seem to have noticed WE AREN'T PREMIER LEAGUE EITHER.

Dropping down will give Sol a new lease of life for maybe a season or two. He's still Prem standard, maybe only just but more than good enough for where we are.

I don't deny he could have a good season at this level, but comparisons with Maldini are futile as he was simply a one-off.

I don't deny he could have a good season at this level, but comparisons with Maldini are futile as he was simply a one-off.

I wasn't comparing Campbell with Maldini ability-wise, just using him as an example to show that some CBs in their late 30s can continue playing top level football if they keep fit and healthy.

I wasn't comparing Campbell with Maldini ability-wise, just using him as an example to show that some CBs in their late 30s can continue playing top level football if they keep fit and healthy.

Yes. If they're Maldini.

Yep. Maldini was a better defender than Campbell and Italian defenders tend to last longer.

Yep. Maldini was a better defender than Campbell and Italian defenders tend to last longer.

enough about the Italian's bedside manner. These days its all about pace and power, stuff the stamina its a squad game these days

enough about the Italian's bedside manner. These days its all about pace and power, stuff the stamina its a squad game these days

HA HA he was a better defender though.

Delighted to hear we're signing Sol Campbell.

Now very much looking forward to us also signing Darren Anderton, Steve McNanaman, Trevor Sinclair, Shaun Goater, Martin Keown, Gareth Southgate, Paul Ince...