Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Does Marley know anything on the recent Barclays shindig?  Thats what I'm most interested in.

no idea, I took his mobile off him as he would not stop rexting Dave, I'll give him it back and see what he can find out.

Still can't believe how white his teeth are.

Campbell?

Didn't even realise this was in the Campbell thread :)

However, yes i can confirm, they are gleaming. Bonny lad isn't he?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00130/sol_campbell_footba_130200a.jpg

Does Marley know anything on the recent Barclays shindig?  Thats what I'm most interested in.

no idea, I took his mobile off him as he would not stop rexting Dave, I'll give him it back and see what he can find out.

He loves Dave like.  Lets see what he knows if he can prise himself away from dodgy texts.

If it comes off I think it will be an excellent signing, yes he may not have the legs anymore, but he's a very intelligent bloke and his experience will be invaluable. Especially if Taylor stays, as well as for the likes of Kadar too. He would be a good role model both on an off the pitch for our younger players and seems the type who would willingly stay behind/put in that bit of extra effort to help out the young lads too. A top calibre centre half in his time and one of the best England has had over the last couple of decades, can't remember him ever letting this country down, or if he did it was very rare.

Also think this move for Sol wouldn't be about the money as we could only afford to pay him a fraction of what he was on at Pompey but more about him being happy in life itself, which is something he has always valued, especially after the death of his father. What with him buying that estate in Northumberland, it does make sense if he wants to wind down his career with his girlfriend and live in comfort in lovely Northumberland. Would be a shrewd signing by whoever is making the decisions. I just hope it comes off, such a shame Roeder never thought that when we could have got him originally.

Roeder would have had to pay about 100k a week to bring him here tbf.

I think Freddy would have sanctioned it due to Campbell still being a relatively big name at the time. Actually looking back, that transfer window was underwhelming to say the least. Bernard ffs. :lol:

Nice accidental hidden pun 

If it comes off I think it will be an excellent signing, yes he may not have the legs anymore, but he's a very intelligent bloke and his experience will be invaluable. Especially if Taylor stays, as well as for the likes of Kadar too. He would be a good role model both on an off the pitch for our younger players and seems the type who would willingly stay behind/put in that bit of extra effort to help out the young lads too. A top calibre centre half in his time and one of the best England has had over the last couple of decades, can't remember him ever letting this country down, or if he did it was very rare.

Also think this move for Sol wouldn't be about the money as we could only afford to pay him a fraction of what he was on at Pompey but more about him being happy in life itself, which is something he has always valued, especially after the death of his father. What with him buying that estate in Northumberland, it does make sense if he wants to wind down his career with his girlfriend and live in comfort in lovely Northumberland. Would be a shrewd signing by whoever is making the decisions. I just hope it comes off, such a shame Roeder never thought that when we could have got him originally.

Yes would love him here also.

You never know if we treat him right he may fancy a defensive coaching role when he hangs his boots up.

Nice accidental hidden pun 

:lol:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2593000/Sol-slashes-pay-to-join-Newcastle.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

Sol slashes pay to join Newcastle

SOL CAMPBELL will take a 50 per cent pay cut to join Newcastle.

Free-agent Campbell, 34, is so keen to keep his career going after quitting Portsmouth that he will agree to Toon's wage offer of £15,000 a week.

15k a week!!!! marvellous, but no way was he only on 30k at pompey, so somethings not right.

Guest neesy111

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2593000/Sol-slashes-pay-to-join-Newcastle.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

Free-agent Campbell, 34, is so keen to keep his career going after quitting Portsmouth that he will agree to Toon's wage offer of £15,000 a week.

15k a week!!!! marvellous, but no way was he only on 30k at pompey, so somethings not right.

i heard at one point he was 90k a week at pompey, but that might have been for his first 2 seasons

Xisco's probably involved in the deal.

Sol Campbell has made a hell of a lot of money over his career. So not too surprised by this especially if his shawty is from the area. Newcastle are still a big club regardless of the division and he's at about the stage of his career where he can afford to step down a division for less cash. He could turn out to be a huge hero if he does come in and does well for us under these circumstances.

Guest Heneage

While I don't normally agree with you, I must say this post is a spot on assessment of the benefit Campbell brings. He could teach Kadar and Tozer a lot.

Xisco's probably involved in the deal.

Oh dear!

Taylor and Campbell could be an excellent partnership.

Despite his lack of pace he is still an efficient and tidy defender. In the 32 games he started last season, he only committed 20 fouls and only picked up one yellow card. Campbell's all-round calmness will be effective in this league.