I've had enough

mozy

This club really is starting to annoy me and im afraid some of our fans aren't immune from that.

I don't understand how people can still think were a massive club when we have just been relegated.

FACE IT PEOPLE, WE AREN'T A MASSIVE CLUB ANYMORE.

:colo:

What gave that away?

Guest guinness_fiend

This club really is starting to annoy me and im afraid some of our fans aren't immune from that.

I don't understand how people can still think were a massive club when we have just been relegated.

FACE IT PEOPLE, WE AREN'T A MASSIVE CLUB ANYMORE.

:colo:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oWI0cEEzA4k/Sdys9iXyCkI/AAAAAAAAAQo/cOA0zDeT5aM/S1600-R/drug+addicts.jpg

We are still a relatively big club with a high profile across Europe because of what we've acheived in the last 15 years or so, just not as big as we once were. Hopefully we can restore our image in the years to come.

My logic would be that we still are a massive club what with our following. Or, you could say that we are a medium-sized club with a massive following, but that on the other hand would make us a massive club since the supporters are an integral part of any club, wouldn't you agree?

Guest Phil K

In the mid-70s Man U were relegated - didn't stop them being a big club

Spuds went down  - no-one thought they weren't a big club.

Falling on hard times due to mismanagement doesn't make a club any less big.

My logic would be that we still are a massive club what with our following. Or, you could say that we are a medium-sized club with a massive following, but that on the other hand would make us a massive club since the supporters are an integral part of any club, wouldn't you agree?

Nope I dont think you can use just following to define a big club.  Celtic and Rangers have massive following i don't consider them big on European stage at all and i wouldn't say Leeds is a big club either.

We aren't even in the top tier of English football anymore.. Wigan and Bolton are actually more attractive destinations then Newcastle at the moment.

:lol: Different times completely.

Stubborn black heel marks can be removed from floors with lighter fluid or a pencil eraser.

Not if you've taken a walk through fresh asphalt before youäve made the marks, it wouldn't

True. Tbh, I've no idea how you'd remove stubborn asphalt from your floor. Maybe a chisel?

Nope I dont think you can use just following to define a big club.  Celtic and Rangers have massive following i don't consider them big on European stage at all and i wouldn't say Leeds is a big club either.

We aren't even in the top tier of English football anymore.. Wigan and Bolton are actually more attractive destinations then Newcastle at the moment.

Both Celtic and Rangers would probably be recognised as big clubs on the European Stage as well. History should actually count for something in this argument aswell. And you would have more chance of actually having a conversation with your average european regarding Celtic, Rangers or Leeds than you would talking about Wigan and Bolton.

Stubborn black heel marks can be removed from floors with lighter fluid or a pencil eraser.

Not if you've taken a walk through fresh asphalt before you've made the marks, it wouldn't

True. Tbh, I've no idea how you'd remove stubborn asphalt from your floor. Maybe a chisel?

You would probably be better of laying a new floor. Could this perhaps be an analogy for a new owner? :)

Guest Phil K

:lol: Different times completely.

As may be.

The basic premise is the same.

Remember when we came up the last time, and the time before that, we were refered to as a "sleeping giant"

True, we seem more like a giant in a frigging coma at the moment

But times change, and sometimes quickly.

Not if you've taken a walk through fresh asphalt before you've made the marks, it wouldn't

You would probably be better of laying a new floor. Could this perhaps be an analogy for a new owner? :)

Could be, I suppose.

Could be, I suppose.

Or even laying a new foundation for the club, which is exactly what we could be doing in starting over in the Championship, even with Ashley at the helm.

Both Celtic and Rangers would probably be recognised as big clubs on the European Stage as well. History should actually count for something in this argument aswell. And you would have more chance of actually having a conversation with your average european regarding Celtic, Rangers or Leeds than you would talking about Wigan and Bolton.

Ok so admittedly we would be more well known to Europeans with some knowledge of football.

That doesn't hide the fact that Wigan and Bolton to any right minded professional would see these as a step up from Newcastle at this moment in time in terms of international prospects, league competition, wages and heavy exposure of the league around the world. 

This thread is just an excuse for some whining. Although I've picked up some handy household tips so it's not been a complete waste of bandwidth :thup:

Also, if you want to remove melted candle wax from your carpet--for example, if you've recently been holding a gathering of Satanists that got a little rowdy--you should place a brown paper bag over the wax and go over it with a moderately hot iron. The brown paper should absorb the wax.

Guest Phil K

Ok so admittedly we would be more well known to Europeans with some knowledge of football.

That doesn't hide the fact that Wigan and Bolton to any right minded professional would see these as a step up from Newcastle at this moment in time in terms of international prospects, league competition, wages and heavy exposure of the league around the world. 

Then join Mozy in the self-pity denial league and leave the rest of us to look ahead.

That doesn't hide the fact that Wigan and Bolton to any right minded professional would see these as a step up from Newcastle at this moment in time in terms of International prospects, League competition, Wages and heavy exposure of the league around the world. 

I'd agree to that, but that doesn't make us any less massive. In terms of size, fanbase and value to the city and area in general we still are a massive club. IMO of course. But what do I know?

Then join Mozy in the self-pity denial league and leave the rest of us to look ahead.

Its a bit ironic that you obviously deny my point and tell me to join the 'denial league'.

Its all factual buddy any player would rather join a PL team, so we cant be a big club.  I agree with clintdempsey totally that we provide a lot of value to the city and area and we do have good support, but that doesnt attract players though or win any points or rewards.

There's a few points that I would like to make:

1. Never leave your laptop in the hands of a Spurs fan when you are logged on to the forum.

2. I still think we are a big club.

3. Jonjo Shelvey would be an amazing signing for us.

That is all.

There's a few points that I would like to make:

1. Never leave your laptop in the hands of a Spurs fan when you are logged on to the forum.

2. I still think we are a big club.

3. Jonjo Shelvey would be an amazing signing for us.

That is all.

:lol:

You tit.