I've had enough

mozy

In the mid-70s Man U were relegated - didn't stop them being a big club

Spuds went down  - no-one thought they weren't a big club.

Falling on hard times due to mismanagement doesn't make a club any less big.

Times are different now, in the 70's and 80's most of the big clubs were relegated at some time or other, usually as a direct result of investing on ground improvements which pulled cash away from player purchases.

the bigger crowds then gave those teams an advantage to recover and push back up to the top of the (then) first division within a number of years, very few teams failed to recover fully, teams like Sheff Wed and Wolves come to mind.

These days the money from the crowds are a bonus in the Premiership but not enough to dent the money gathered from Sky. The crowd will give Newcastle an advantage in the Championship, which the right management team is needed to take full advantage of (Sheff wed and Wolves again as examples of teams who did not get it right).

History and a big crowd does not guarantee success, as can painfully be seen.

Guest westamfan

You are a big club. Your support reflects this.

Shame the first team next season won't though.

I'm amazed how well some have taken it the last few days reading the comments on here. It's a real compliment to what great supporters you have. I think you should stop sulking.

Why do people love talking about size of clubs? It means nothing on the pitch as is proven at the moment. There are loads of clubs in our new division who could claim to be bigger than the likes of Bolton, Wigan, Hull, Fulham, Burnley and Stoke, but at the end of the day it means fuck all.

For me, there are real clubs and plastic clubs. We are a real club. I would rather support this club in the Conference than some plastic club like Wigan in the Premier League. Now lets accept where we are, stay United and get on with the fuckin job. Feeling sorry for ourselves won't do any good, and the vast majority of reaction on here since Sunday has been class!

You are a big club. Your support reflects this.

Shame the first team next season won't though.

I'm amazed how well some have taken it the last few days reading the comments on here. It's a real compliment to what great supporters you have. I think you should stop sulking.

Thats cos its been coming the last few seasons.

Why do people love talking about size of clubs? It means nothing on the pitch as is proven at the moment. There are loads of clubs in our new division who could claim to be bigger than the likes of Bolton, Wigan, Hull, Fulham, Burnley and Stoke, but at the end of the day it means fuck all.

For me, there are real clubs and plastic clubs. We are a real club. I would rather support this club in the Conference than some plastic club like Wigan in the Premier League. Now lets accept where we are, stay United and get on with the fuckin job. Feeling sorry for ourselves won't do any good, and the vast majority of reaction on here since Sunday has been class!

I must admit the general mood around here hasn't been half as bad as I thought it would be. I guess looking at it realistically, this has been coming for a while now.

I even said to my mate months ago that we'll probably look back on this season in a few years and wonder how we ever thought we'd stay up when so many monumental fuck up's have been made.

There's a few points that I would like to make:

1. Never leave your laptop in the hands of a Spurs fan when you are logged on to the forum.

2. I still think we are a big club.

3. Jonjo Shelvey would be an amazing signing for us.

That is all.

Quoting this as several people seem to have missed it...

Also it's funny.

This club really is starting to annoy me and im afraid some of our fans aren't immune from that.

I don't understand how people can still think were a massive club when we have just been relegated.

FACE IT PEOPLE, WE AREN'T A MASSIVE CLUB ANYMORE.

:colo:

Got the right to your own opinion now fuck off :snod:

1. Never leave your laptop in the hands of a Spurs fan when you are logged on to the forum.

That is all.

Fuck me so the piss taking is making you blame someone else well atleast you can get laughed at by your school mates next week  ;D

Guest toonlass

That is all.

Worst. Backtrack. Ever.

That is all.

Worst. Backtrack. Ever.

That is all.

Fuck me so the piss taking is making you blame someone else well atleast you can get laughed at by your school mates next week  ;D

:tool:

Guest Gh0StFaC3

it would take foresight, instead of the foreskins we've had for the past 10 years....

Class post that !!  O0

Just speaking to other fans and them still thinking we are a massive club who can still attract class players.

We need to wake up and realise that we are going to have to sign players like Jonjo Shelvey from Charlton.

So what? We are still a massive club, just one that's going through some really bad times. Is that so hard to grasp?

'Massive' clubs DON'T go through 'hard times' - ask, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool for example ; when were these clubs last facing the situation NUFC faces(and has done at least 3 times in the last 30 years)?

Real Madrid, Barca, AC Milan, etc etc....?

Just speaking to other fans and them still thinking we are a massive club who can still attract class players.

We need to wake up and realise that we are going to have to sign players like Jonjo Shelvey from Charlton.

So what? We are still a massive club, just one that's going through some really bad times. Is that so hard to grasp?

'Massive' clubs DON'T go through 'hard times' - ask, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool for example ; when were these clubs last facing the situation NUFC faces(and has done at least 3 times in the last 30 years)?

Arsenal were shit , early 90s, Man u were relegated in th 70s, Liverpool were nowhere before shankly.

Arsenal were s*** , early 90s, Man u were relegated in th 70s, Liverpool were nowhere before shankly.

Were Arsenal relegated ? You are grasping at straws trying to equate Liverpool and Man U with NUFC ; Shanks took over at Anfield in 1962 for heaven's sake - as for Man U, one relegation in 60 years(and winning Europe's top trophy 3 times)hardly puts them in the NUFC failure class ; if you want to make comparisons, choose someone like the Mackems - oh, sorry, even THEY won the FA Cup in 73 - FOUR YEARS after OUR last trophy...!

Get real pls....

Guest Phil K

No-ones "equating" NUFC with anyone. It nevertheless leaves Newcastle as a big club badly run. The Hall/Keegan years showed EVEN WITHOUT TROPHIES this club could be huge.

The most common phrase is "Once that first trophy is won, and you get in the habit..." and it's accurate. The likes of Blackburn and Derby got trophies because they were well run with good management structure. They didn't have the HUGE support to make it continue.

Even allowing all that, footballers aren't very bright. Like real magpies, they are attracted to the "shiney things" (trophies) and so, the trophy-rich get richer.

Stability too is necessary - remember there were calls for Fergie's head when he never won the league for years. BUT he didn't take them down among the dead men.

Hell - there was 68% of Man U fans wanted him out when he had a clear-out the season ending before he won the triple.

You can say "Where Arsenal relegated" - No. Though they should have been at the time of WW1, and Everton too have never been relegated though getting close once or twice - the last time in the 80s the season before they won the league ! (And also had an average of 19,000 - in the TOP league, while constantly pointing out our lowest ever 16,000 during our "boycott year" - both teams doubled this the following year - ours for Keegan and promotion, theirs for being champions)

Bottom line is though...if your faith is so easily eroded, then you can only count yourself a fair weather fan

Nothing to be proud of, mate.

No-ones "equating" NUFC with anyone. It nevertheless leaves Newcastle as a big club badly run. The Hall/Keegan years showed EVEN WITHOUT TROPHIES this club could be huge.

The most common phrase is "Once that first trophy is won, and you get in the habit..." and it's accurate. The likes of Blackburn and Derby got trophies because they were well run with good management structure. They didn't have the HUGE support to make it continue.

Even allowing all that, footballers aren't very bright. Like real magpies, they are attracted to the "shiney things" (trophies) and so, the trophy-rich get richer.

Stability too is necessary - remember there were calls for Fergie's head when he never won the league for years. BUT he didn't take them down among the dead men.

Hell - there was 68% of Man U fans wanted him out when he had a clear-out the season ending before he won the triple.

You can say "Where Arsenal relegated" - No. Though they should have been at the time of WW1, and Everton too have never been relegated though getting close once or twice - the last time in the 80s the season before they won the league ! (And also had an average of 19,000 - in the TOP league, while constantly pointing out our lowest ever 16,000 during our "boycott year" - both teams doubled this the following year - ours for Keegan and promotion, theirs for being champions)

Bottom line is though...if your faith is so easily eroded, then you can only count yourself a fair weather fan

Nothing to be proud of, mate.

Your last line is so unbelievably stupid that its hardly worth commenting on - you clearly haven't been reading many of my posts over the years or you would know that I spent much of my OWN time(and money)in trying to get changes at NUFC whilst with the Magpie Group - hardly the actions of one who had no faith, and after supporting the club for nearly half a century, most of it barren of any sort of success, I resent your childish attempt to label me a 'fair weather fan'....

In addition, you have attempted to answer some of my points in the previous post with what amounts basically to waffle - we deal in FACTS here, or should do ; maybe NUFC would be in better state today if people surrounding the club dealt with REALITIES, not 'might have beens'...

Arsenal were NOT relegated - nothing you believe can alter that..

Everton(who you brought up) - NOT relegated, close is as good a miss as a mile - didn't happen...

Seeing as you chose to take issue with SOME of my post, its a pity you didn't stick to the point and address the question of Liverpool and Man U's tenure in the Prem and the successes they have had - waffling on about Fergie being under pressure in the 80s is ancient history - they went on to be successful and have remained that way...

I probably know more about the KK/Hall years than you do, but they don't alter anything - we were, for a time, the second best team in the land and it was an exciting time, but we won nowt, and that is all that is in the history books - along with the fact that we were relegated in 78, 89, and now 09 - as far as I'm aware, Man U, L/Pool, Arsenal AND Everton have not...facts, not maybes.....

I probably know more about the KK/Hall years than you do, but they don't alter anything - we were, for a time, the second best team in the land and it was an exciting time, but we won nowt, and that is all that is in the history books - along with the fact that we were relegated in 78, 89, and now 09 - as far as I'm aware, Man U, L/Pool, Arsenal AND Everton have not...facts, not maybes.....

Point of order.

Man U have been, and not that long ago.

Sorry, I love reminding myself of that.

Point of order.

Yes, I know Brummie - but NOT since 1978, the last time we went down, and they have only done it once since the war I believe, whereas NUFC.....!

Point of order.

Yes, I know Brummie - but NOT since 1978, the last time we went down, and they have only done it once since the war I believe, whereas NUFC.....!

I should add to that by saying ' the last time we went down IN THE 70s'...!(OR, the first time over the last 39 years)..!

This thread started off as completely retarded, however there is an important message here.

If this season has left you ready to throw in the towel on supporting this club, then to be frank, you were never a true supporter. The shit that we’ve had to put up with this season, should have made you angry but it should equally have reaffirmed your love for the club and made you determined to do your bit however small that is to help the NUFC get back to where it belongs.

I love the toon, I really do, it’s not something personally I can switch off from, I can’t suddenly say “I’ve had enough of this crap, I’m going to support Manure or Liverpool or someone that wins something, now”. I’m proud to be a fan of this club as I truly believe we have the most devoted and passionate fans in the country, 40 years without a trophy yet we still generate so much interest, passion and every knock back is so painful. I’m certain there are many more that share my thoughts, even though I live a few thousand miles from home now, I’m still very proud to be a Geordie.