Enrique Interviewed by Marca Publication

O Neill

Guest Ebolarama

Top two links on NewsNow:

Enrique signals desire to leave Newcastle The Independent - Sport - Football 16:06

Enrique set for Toon stay Sky Sports - Newcastle United 15:44

To be fair, both could be read from the two translations I've just seen.

Guest Stephen927

Very good to hear him say he believe in honouring his deal. If it is financially possible I would love to see him stay as I can see him turning into a quality player. He came under some stick from the press being labelled a flop signing, managers didnt believe in him (not even the man who signed him) yet he came through it all with his head held high, never complained in the press just get fighting for a first team place then when he got it he took his chance.

Guest Mantis

To be honest if finances mean we can't keep him on the wage bill, I'd rather he was loaned out for the season rather than sold.

Great shout.

To be honest if finances mean we can't keep him on the wage bill, I'd rather he was loaned out for the season rather than sold.

Good in theory but due to our financial problems we need need money in to re-invest in the squad/team,  plus what do we with him in a years time if we don't get promotion next season.

People need to start getting their heads round the fact that we need to get rid of players,  something that is going to be very very hard, we have a squad of underachievers on big money and long contract and we already have the likes of Duff and Jose saying they want to stop, all very well them saying that when they know fine well that we can't afford to keep them and them saying they want to stay means that when we do sell they are still in line for their "loyalty" bonus!

Guest firetotheworks

World class shout. 

Good in theory but due to our financial problems we need need money in to re-invest in the squad/team,  plus what do we with him in a years time if we don't get promotion next season.

People need to start getting their heads round the fact that we need to get rid of players,  something that is going to be very very hard, we have a squad of underachievers on big money and long contract and we already have the likes of Duff and Jose saying they want to stop, all very well them saying that when they know fine well that we can't afford to keep them and them saying they want to stay means that when we do sell they are still in line for their "loyalty" bonus!

Yes we need to get rid of players, but it's the jaded old farts on high wages who need to go, not the young players on the up. You mentioned two players there, I would keep Enrique and sell Duff. That move alone would mean Enrique was virtually playing for free.

Just love how the same article can have different titles and spins. Makes me sick...

Same quotes, from Jose, but, "Enrique to look at offers" the other "Enrique to stay at Toon"

Reading comprehension 101 you tw@t journalists - the MAIN IDEA of these articles should be the damn title.  He made 1 comment at looking at offers the rest was about him loving life here but so upset about relegation, and he would liek to fufil his contract obligations.

Yes we need to get rid of players, but it's the jaded old farts on high wages who need to go, not the young players on the up. You mentioned two players there, I would keep Enrique and sell Duff. That move alone would mean Enrique was virtually playing for free.

We are in a catch 22 though, as well as getting rid of the jaded old farts as you put it we also need to raise funds in order to replace those old farts and build up a squad strong enough to cope with the championship,  which unfortunately brings us back to the likes of Jose as he is one of the few players who we can get off the wage bill and get a transfer fee at the same time. 

If it came to losing one from Bassong, Taylor or Enrique then i would be selling Jose.

Guest barnabox

Would love it if we managed to keep a hold of him, but I think TRon sums it up well. He may not be considered worth the wages by those at the club, but he's probably one of the few you could make a claim for earning his keep.

If we manage to keep the entire back-four intact then things would look very good, as I feel that defence is good enough for the Premiership, let alone the Championship. It's just a shame they played together so rarely this season.

I know it might sound daft, but a season in the Championship could be the making of him as a defender in the English game. The same could be said of Taylor and Bassong.

One thing that defence could be accused of is being too lightweight/not up for a scrap. They'd get plenty experience of that where we are now and it will stand them all in good stead.

I agree.  A season in the Championship against a lower quality of opposition could encourage Jose to support the LW better and maybe even bag a few goals.

If we keep Beye, Tayls, Bass, Enrique the it will be massive for the club. I'd like us to try to hold on to guthrie also. We need a dynamic Centermid, a couple of pacy wingers who can cross, and someone pacy up top with carrol.

Guest WashyGeordie

He has to be our most improved player.

I've really liked him this year, and he's looked alot more comfortable (confident).

I hope we can keep him, but i think he'll be gone due to our finances unfortunately.

He has to be our most improved player.

I've really liked him this year, and he's looked alot more comfortable (confident).

I hope we can keep him, but i think he'll be gone due to our finances unfortunately.

Spot on, took him a little while to settle but he started to look a real decent LB, hope he stays and stays fit.

Guest neesy111

the reason he wants to stay is cos he's on daft wages, he keep's saying he wants to honour his contract, ppl who say that are only at their clubs for the money

i would like to keep him, but give me £4 million and get him off the wage bill and i would be happy with that as quite a few fan's still dislike him (especially the ppl that sit nxt to me at the match)

the reason he wants to stay is cos he's on daft wages, he keep's saying he wants to honour his contract, ppl who say that are only at their clubs for the money

i would like to keep him, but give me £4 million and get him off the wage bill and i would be happy with that as quite a few fan's still dislike him (especially the ppl that sit nxt to me at the match)

Like Beye then?

Guest neesy111

Like Beye then?

hasn't beye said he'll stay on lower wages though, haven't heard anything from enrique just this contract honouring, also beye has said he wants to end his career here, enrique just wants to be here for another 3 years

also beye is loved by most of the fans, enrique isn't like i said (the fans around me in level 7 are awful, i've had ppl argue with me for criticising owen, but when i argue with them over enrique it's totally different in their eyes)

Like Beye then?

hasn't beye said he'll stay on lower wages though, haven't heard anything from enrique just this contract honouring, also beye has said he wants to end his career here, enrique just wants to be here for another 3 years

also beye is loved by most of the fans, enrique isn't like i said (the fans around me in level 7 are awful, i've had ppl argue with me for criticising owen, but when i argue with them over enrique it's totally different in their eyes)

Beye will stay on lower wages?  What lower wages?  He'll be on around 60k (same as Enrique if the papers are to be believed).

What has the fans' opinion of Enrique have to do with anything anyway?  He might want to stay on to prove the haters (who are idiots incidentally) wrong.

Guest neesy111

Like Beye then?

Beye will stay on lower wages?  What lower wages?  He'll be on around 60k (same as Enrique if the papers are to be believed).

What has the fans' opinion of Enrique have to do with anything anyway?  He might want to stay on to prove the haters (who are idiots incidentally) wrong.

beye has said he will stay on lower wages in an article this week

well there will be quite a few fans that want rid of enrique and do, beye is cult hero for our fans, so there's a total difference

60k is wide of the mark, there both on around 45k each which we can't afford to pay in the championship, simple as