Enrique Interviewed by Marca Publication

O Neill

He's had some tough times here but always showed heart and has been gradually improving. Remember that story about the club wanting to sell him and then he came out and said he didn't care and that he wanted to stay and fight instead? Not players with that attitude in our squad. I think him and Beye would be promotion material as fullbacks.

Funny enough i read that as "Enrique talking to Murcia".

Hope the lad does stay, good to see the most of the committed ones are the better players.

Enrique has been probably the most successful of the overseas big buys - I have always been a fan and believed he would come good - his attitude also seems top notch for a young guy who has had to contend with being messed around by both Kinnear and Allardyce, despite being bought by the latter.

He would be a great asset in future if he stays, but unfortunately the club will probably cash in because he is one of the few who will fetch anywhere near his original fee ; a move back to Spain looks likely, but I wouldn't rule out a surprise bid from Benitez at Liverpool.

If he goes, I for one wouldn't blame him, because I believe he genuinely DOES love the club and its fans...

one of the few players I will be sorry to see leave.

Guest Magpiecn

I'm very great that he has the heart to the club,but very sad he may go because of our finance.He deserves to a better club.

I rate him and think he's one of the few players who has improved as time as gone on lately, but I still see him being sold.

No idea what wages he's on, but I just think he's an easy target.

Some people dont realise that it could be we HAVE to get rid of these players due to wages.

I would love to keep him.

First we should get rid of the likes of Owen, Vikuda, Geremi, Butt etc and hope thats enough to keep hold of our young lads such as Bassong and Enrique.

It could be that Beye, Enrique etc are made to leave which would be a shame!!

Some people dont realise that it could be we HAVE to get rid of these players due to wages.

First we should get rid of the likes of Owen, Vikuda, Geremi, Butt etc and hope thats enough to keep hold of our young lads such as Bassong and Enrique.

It could mean he could leave unfortunately. But I'd try and shift Collocini, Nnolan, Jonas, Smith, Geremi, Barton, Martins, Amoebi & release people like Owen & Cacapa first and as soon as possible, which could mean he could stay.

One of my favourite players. When he was in form for us i thought he was class. One of our 2-3 best players.

I REALLY hope that we can/will keep him.  He's for now and the future. I would be gutted to see him leave

Great attitude also. Just the kind of player we need. I hope that Shearer has the same thoughts about him.

I don't know how much we need to cut from the wage bill. Owen, Viduka, Barton, Cacapa, Colo, Martins, and Lovenkrands are guaranteed to leave i think, that's surely well over £20m a year in wages. Then i'm sure we'll manage to get rid of a Geremi or two.

It would be good if we can keep Jose.

His progress was one of, if not the highlight of our season.

Will be a top full back IMO and would hate to see him go to another English club.

Hopefully he is one we can hold on to despite the financial constraints we'll face.

Jose would destroy the Championship. If we can keep him our defence is shaping up to be pure class.

I think he would as well. He's strong, quick, potentially decent delivery with a bit of confidence and I wouldn't be surprised if he bagged a few goals in that league too.

As much as our defence has been criticised, it's probably the position I would most like to remain in tact, although I have no issue with Colo going. With a hard working, energetic midfield in front of Enrique, Bassong, Taylor, Beye we would have a good defence. If you take Taylor out for a quality CB you would probably have a decent Premiership defence.

If he has any sense he`ll leave at a decent club he could easily force his way into the Spain set up. Capdevilla isn`t the best and is getting on. Back up LBs aren`t exactly brilliant either.

Will be a shame to see him as go as he is a good player but far too good for the Championship.

Guest Roger Kint

It could mean he could leave unfortunately. But I'd try and shift Collocini, Nnolan, Jonas, Smith, Geremi, Barton, Martins, Amoebi & release people like Owen & Cacapa first and as soon as possible, which could mean he could stay.

The ones you mention would leave our wage bil at about £30m. Gives us a bit of room to bring in some talented and more committed players who wont bleed us dry. Getting some of the players who stay to reduce their contracts(can Duff justify £60k+ at this level with his age?) would leave us with loads to spare although its unlikely.

Top two links on NewsNow:

Enrique signals desire to leave Newcastle The Independent - Sport - Football 16:06

Enrique set for Toon stay Sky Sports - Newcastle United 15:44