Enrique Interviewed by Marca Publication

O Neill

the reason he wants to stay is cos he's on daft wages, he keep's saying he wants to honour his contract, ppl who say that are only at their clubs for the money

i would like to keep him, but give me £4 million and get him off the wage bill and i would be happy with that as quite a few fan's still dislike him (especially the ppl that sit nxt to me at the match)

Like Beye then?

hasn't beye said he'll stay on lower wages though, haven't heard anything from enrique just this contract honouring, also beye has said he wants to end his career here, enrique just wants to be here for another 3 years

also beye is loved by most of the fans, enrique isn't like i said (the fans around me in level 7 are awful, i've had ppl argue with me for criticising owen, but when i argue with them over enrique it's totally different in their eyes)

Beye will stay on lower wages?  What lower wages?  He'll be on around 60k (same as Enrique if the papers are to be believed).

What has the fans' opinion of Enrique have to do with anything anyway?  He might want to stay on to prove the haters (who are idiots incidentally) wrong.

beye has said he will stay on lower wages in an article this week

well there will be quite a few fans that want rid of enrique and do, beye is cult hero for our fans, so there's a total difference

60k is wide of the mark, there both on around 45k each which we can't afford to pay in the championship, simple as

Eh?  You're just repeating the same stuff, I said what lower wages is he going to stay on i.e. he's not even on low wages to begin with.

And you didn't even reply to my second point, just because fans don't like Enrique how does this make him a money grabber? :/

Guest firetotheworks

the reason he wants to stay is cos he's on daft wages, he keep's saying he wants to honour his contract, ppl who say that are only at their clubs for the money

i would like to keep him, but give me £4 million and get him off the wage bill and i would be happy with that as quite a few fan's still dislike him (especially the ppl that sit nxt to me at the match)

Like Beye then?

hasn't beye said he'll stay on lower wages though, haven't heard anything from enrique just this contract honouring, also beye has said he wants to end his career here, enrique just wants to be here for another 3 years

also beye is loved by most of the fans, enrique isn't like i said (the fans around me in level 7 are awful, i've had ppl argue with me for criticising owen, but when i argue with them over enrique it's totally different in their eyes)

Beye will stay on lower wages?  What lower wages?  He'll be on around 60k (same as Enrique if the papers are to be believed).

What has the fans' opinion of Enrique have to do with anything anyway?  He might want to stay on to prove the haters (who are idiots incidentally) wrong.

well there will be quite a few fans that want rid of enrique and do, beye is cult hero for our fans, so there's a total difference

60k is wide of the mark, there both on around 45k each which we can't afford to pay in the championship, simple as

Source?

Also, fan opinion means fuck all either way. Kinnear shunning Enrique when every fan could see he was our best/only left back adheres to that.

Jose Enrique salutes NUFC fans' support

Jun 1 2009 by Neil Farrington, Evening Chronicle

JOSE ENRIQUE has admitted he feels mentally and physically “knackered” by the trauma of Newcastle’s relegation.

But the Spanish full-back has told United’s “incredible” fans that he expects a “revolution” to turn the ailing Tyneside club around.

Mike Ashley’s admission that he has put the club up for sale, along with the ongoing saga of whether Alan Shearer will stay on at St James’s Park, has left supporters in limbo.

But Enrique said: “I know the club is going to reduce its budget by half and many players will have to leave, but I expect a revolution at Newcastle.

“Right now, I am knackered, and the truth is that I had seen for some time that we could go down.

“I saw that things weren’t working.

“But that is a hard thing to admit when you have 50,000 people filling our stadium who don’t stop supporting you for one moment.”

Enrique, who knows his own future depends on whether a significant offer comes in for him, added: “The people are incredible here, they have always supported us and it has been a hammer blow for them to go down to the Championship.

“I give them 10 out of 10, but they deserve 11.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/01/jose-enrique-salutes-nufc-fans-support-72703-23760405/

Jose Enrique salutes NUFC fans' support

Jun 1 2009 by Neil Farrington, Evening Chronicle

JOSE ENRIQUE has admitted he feels mentally and physically knackered by the trauma of Newcastles relegation.

But the Spanish full-back has told Uniteds incredible fans that he expects a revolution to turn the ailing Tyneside club around.

Mike Ashleys admission that he has put the club up for sale, along with the ongoing saga of whether Alan Shearer will stay on at St Jamess Park, has left supporters in limbo.

But Enrique said: I know the club is going to reduce its budget by half and many players will have to leave, but I expect a revolution at Newcastle.

Right now, I am knackered, and the truth is that I had seen for some time that we could go down.

I saw that things werent working.

But that is a hard thing to admit when you have 50,000 people filling our stadium who dont stop supporting you for one moment.

Enrique, who knows his own future depends on whether a significant offer comes in for him, added: The people are incredible here, they have always supported us and it has been a hammer blow for them to go down to the Championship.

I give them 10 out of 10, but they deserve 11.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/01/jose-enrique-salutes-nufc-fans-support-72703-23760405/

These are the same quotes from the other day, aren't they?

Like Beye then?

Eh?  You're just repeating the same stuff, I said what lower wages is he going to stay on i.e. he's not even on low wages to begin with.

And you didn't even reply to my second point, just because fans don't like Enrique how does this make him a money grabber? :/

I'd say they are both on around 30k, and my "educated" guess is as acurate as any of your estimates.

OH well it starts knew it would, we are going to lose most of them like..

Enrique linked with Atletico

Newcastle defender could return to Spain

By Lucas Brown  Last updated: 4th June 2009

Atletico Madrid are set to make a move for Jose Enrique from Newcastle United as they seek a possible replacement for Mariano Pernia this summer, according to a report.

The reports claims Los Colchoneros have pinpointed the 23-year-old left-back and believe that they could revitalise his career after two difficult seasons at St James' Park.

Newcastle are thought to be willing to off-load a number of their players, and several Spanish clubs have been alerted by suggestions Enrique would be available for less than €5million (£4.3m).

While the former Villarreal defender has three years of his contract still remaining with the English side, the Magpies are said to be willing to let him go after suffering relegation from the Premier League.

Pernia looks set to leave Atletico this summer and the club are keen to rebuild their defence, after a poor season at the back, as they look ahead to the UEFA Champions League.

After starting his career at Levante, Enqrique joined Valencia, but made no first-team appearances before moving to Villarreal in 2006 after a loan spell with Celta.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5363498,00.html

Enrique will be sold because he's a good player who will attract buyers plus he's foreign so it's easier to let him go. We will keep all our English cast-offs from other clubs like Nolan, Butt, Smith, Ameobi etc and end up struggling mid-table in the Championship next season with some bell-end as manager. Maybe Dowie.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5365516,00.html

Newcastle defender Jose Enrique has revealed he would jump at the chance to join Atletico Madrid, but he would also be happy to sign for a Premier League club.

The 23-year-old full-back has three years remaining on his contract at St James' Park, but he has been linked with several clubs following the Magpies' relegation.

Atletico are understood to be considering a move for Enrique as a replacement for Mariano Pernia, who is expected to leave the Vicente Calderon this summer.

And former Valencia and Villarreal player Enrique confesses a return to Spain and the possibility of UEFA Champions League football would appeal.

"They (Atletico) are one of the major teams in the Spanish league. Who would not want to play for a club like that? I think that any player would want to pull on their shirt," he said in Marca.

Big budget

"Atletico are a big club with a big budget and great fans. They also have a great squad and have finished in the Champions League positions for next season.

"I do still have three years left on my contract with Newcastle, but I am pleased and flattered to be linked with them.

"I have watched them quite a few times this season and always follow the Spanish league. They have had a good season with (Diego) Forlan, who I knew at Villarreal."

Enrique has also attracted interest from clubs in England and he would be more than willing to stay because he has adapted to the country.

"If I am honest, I do not have a preference about which country, I am open to anything," he added.

"In Spain people live well and eat well, but I have enjoyed my adventure in England. The Premier League is the best in the world and I would study anything that came up."

Guest Alan Shearer 9

wtf do you expect? He was treated like a Spanish shit by Kinnear and is too good for the Championship

hopefully he'll come back one day if we ever sort ourselves out.

Yeah, probably when he's in the twilight of his career when his legs have gone for one final payday. Not that I'm blaming him, just seems the way to go at our club.

Would love it if he stays, one of the small silver linings in a dreadful season.

• 2 months later...

So far it doesn't look like Enrique is going, should be really good news IMO.

A lot of the time last season he was our best defender, even better than Bassong.  Shouldn't have too much trouble in the Championship either, he showed against Rooney his strength is match for anyone.

Just thought what with all our defenders going we should concentrate on one defensive positive.

A lot of the time last season he was our best defender, even better than Bassong.  Shouldn't have too much trouble in the Championship either, he showed against Rooney his strength is match for anyone.

Just thought what with all our defenders going we should concentrate on one defensive positive.

.com say there's an offer in for him...

.com say there's an offer in for him...

Nothing concrete then.  :razz: