RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

david craig on SSN: nothing earth shattering, says theres a feeling that this is the week (deja vu?) and that prospective buyers have said that theyll be the ones to appoint a manager, not ashley. might not necessarily be shearer too.

yesterday this was taking another month, today its the end of the week......does anybody know what the hell is going on?

david craig on SSN: nothing earth shattering, says theres a feeling that this is the week (deja vu?) and that prospective buyers have said that theyll be the ones to appoint a manager, not ashley. might not necessarily be shearer too.

yesterday this was taking another month, today its the end of the week......does anybody know what the hell is going on?

Llambiarse is hoping someone will top the current bids via e-mail.

No :lol:

Lets remember, for all their faults Ashley and co were very, very good at keeping their cards close to their chest/very, very poor at communicating. I'll probably be in the middle of a weary, post-midnight posh wank and jump on here to have a quick browse of the next days news only to find out we've been sold.

David Craig on SSN: there are 700 bids.

699...i withdrew mine and bought an ice lolly instead.

theres rumours that ashley will knock 10 million off the price if he can have your lolly. unless its a mini milk....

Guest toonlass

theres rumours that ashley will knock 10 million off the price if he can have your lolly. unless its a mini milk....

:lol:

For God's sake, someone get Stephen and his ice-cream van down to Ashley pronto. He would give the club away and then give Stephen a couple of million £'s for the van in that case.

:lol:

For God's sake, someone get Stephen and his ice-cream van down to Ashley pronto. He would give the club away and then give Stephen a couple of million £'s for the van in that case.

might pop down to macro and buy a huge box of cheap lollies. i expect to sign all relevant forms tomorrow morning. gonna apoint joe kinnear as manager

Guest fading star

If there's any truth in the story that the Malaysian bid is £80m plus taking on the overdraft of up to £40m that must make them short of what Ashley wants by about £14m. Leaking the info is most likely just an attempt to get the price up a bit further.

Would publicly lying about the situation to up the price break business law?

If there's any truth in the story that the Malaysian bid is £80m plus taking on the overdraft of up to £40m that must make them short of what Ashley wants by about £14m. Leaking the info is most likely just an attempt to get the price up a bit further.

Interesting question.

Its not upto Ashley he is just the front man for a group of cunts made up of other Premieship club owners who's mission it was to destroy us, they say wehn we are sold not the fat cunt front man.

Could be true you know :lol:

What has he lied about in this case?

Newcastle owners hope for auction as players adhere to Shearer's demands

• £40m overdraft and £65m wage bill worry potential buyers

• Hughton takes training, but Shearer's influence remains

Newcastle's caretaker manager Chris Hughton is taking charge of a punishing training schedule designed by Alan Shearer. Photograph: Ian Horrocks/Getty Images

There are still realistic hopes that Newcastle United could be sold by the end of this week but the three potential buyers are understood to be balking at the financial liabilities they stand to inherit.

With Newcastle believed to have an overdraft of around £40m and an annual wage bill of £65m the interested parties are employing forensic accountants to perform what one source described as 'due diligence squared'. This is an exhaustively in-depth inventory of the newly relegated club's finances featuring assorted forecasts for the coming years.

Meanwhile lawyers currently busy drafting potential agreements are taking time to study ongoing service contracts the club is currently committed to and such factors could impact on the price Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, eventually receives for the club.

Although outline bids have been received, the £100m price tag is said to be an "issue" largely responsible for slowing the sale. While Ashley wants a straight £100m there is thought to be some quibbling about whether the balance payable should realistically be £60m, for instance, in order to take account of the overdraft and player remuneration costs.

Yet as Newcastle stepped up efforts to sell high earners including Obafemi Martins and Fabricio Coloccini yesterday, Derek Llambias, Newcastle's managing director still seemed hopeful that Seymour Pierce, the investment bank brokering the sale, would succeed in forcing an auction.

Indeed Llambias was positively bullish. "There have been more than two bids at £100m," he said. "At the moment we are in the hands of lawyers and it's all ongoing. We are giving interested parties all the help they need."

As the proposed takeover drags on, Newcastle's players are in Dublin at a pre-season 'boot camp' under the caretaker management of Chris Hughton. Significantly Hughton is adhering to a training blueprint drawn up by his temporary predecessor, Alan Shearer, at the end of last season.

Shearer, who still hopes to return as manager before the new Championship campaign kicks off, is responsible for his players rising early ahead of three daily training sessions, the first at 7am and the last at 4pm.

"The players are working very, very, hard," said Hughton yesterday. "What is happening at the club is outside our control but we have to prepare the players as well as possible. It's going to be a long season and we want the players as fit as possible. It's good for them to get away and be in a different environment."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/06/newcastleunited-championship

Guest fading star

I didn’t say he’d lied. I was just wondering if fibbing about stuff in these circumstances would be illegal, or just considered sharp business practice?

Guest fading star

He meant to say that more than 100 £2m bids had been received; slip of the tongue really.

Perhaps he was including ones submitted via email. 

Newcastle owners hope for auction as players adhere to Shearer's demands

£40m overdraft and £65m wage bill worry potential buyers

Hughton takes training, but Shearer's influence remains

Newcastle's caretaker manager Chris Hughton is taking charge of a punishing training schedule designed by Alan Shearer. Photograph: Ian Horrocks/Getty Images

There are still realistic hopes that Newcastle United could be sold by the end of this week but the three potential buyers are understood to be balking at the financial liabilities they stand to inherit.

With Newcastle believed to have an overdraft of around £40m and an annual wage bill of £65m the interested parties are employing forensic accountants to perform what one source described as 'due diligence squared'. This is an exhaustively in-depth inventory of the newly relegated club's finances featuring assorted forecasts for the coming years.

Meanwhile lawyers currently busy drafting potential agreements are taking time to study ongoing service contracts the club is currently committed to and such factors could impact on the price Mike Ashley, Newcastle's owner, eventually receives for the club.

Although outline bids have been received, the £100m price tag is said to be an "issue" largely responsible for slowing the sale. While Ashley wants a straight £100m there is thought to be some quibbling about whether the balance payable should realistically be £60m, for instance, in order to take account of the overdraft and player remuneration costs.

Yet as Newcastle stepped up efforts to sell high earners including Obafemi Martins and Fabricio Coloccini yesterday, Derek Llambias, Newcastle's managing director still seemed hopeful that Seymour Pierce, the investment bank brokering the sale, would succeed in forcing an auction.

Indeed Llambias was positively bullish. "There have been more than two bids at £100m," he said. "At the moment we are in the hands of lawyers and it's all ongoing. We are giving interested parties all the help they need."

As the proposed takeover drags on, Newcastle's players are in Dublin at a pre-season 'boot camp' under the caretaker management of Chris Hughton. Significantly Hughton is adhering to a training blueprint drawn up by his temporary predecessor, Alan Shearer, at the end of last season.

Shearer, who still hopes to return as manager before the new Championship campaign kicks off, is responsible for his players rising early ahead of three daily training sessions, the first at 7am and the last at 4pm.

"The players are working very, very, hard," said Hughton yesterday. "What is happening at the club is outside our control but we have to prepare the players as well as possible. It's going to be a long season and we want the players as fit as possible. It's good for them to get away and be in a different environment."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/06/newcastleunited-championship

Forensic Accountants?  What they going to do? Find Freddy Shepherds jam fingerprints all over the books?

I didnt say hed lied. I was just wondering if fibbing about stuff in these circumstances would be illegal, or just considered sharp business practice?

I'm pretty sure we have bids in worth £100m...LLambias is just not admitting publicly that the real figure to buy the club is a lot more than that when you include the debt.

Guest fading star

I didn’t say he’d lied. I was just wondering if fibbing about stuff in these circumstances would be illegal, or just considered sharp business practice?

I'm pretty sure we have bids in worth £100m...LLambias is just not admitting publicly that the real figure to buy the club is a lot more than that when you include the debt.

Possibly, but are they conditional bids? I’ll give you £100m if you pay off the overdraft, for example.

A month after the club went up for sale again we still don’t know what £100m is buying.

Its just a hurry up to the real bidders, trying to make them match these so called £100mill offers

or more likely telling them they've both bid around about the same...............a few more pounds would break the tie.