RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New owners will be unveiled this week

Jul 7 2009 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

NEWCASTLE United supporters should know the identity of the club's new owners by the end of the week as the bank in charge of the sale prepares to make a recommendation on which bid to accept.

Seymour Pierce, who were asked to find a buyer by owner Mike Ashley last month, have now received four bids for the club, with at least two of them matching the £100m asking price.

Those offers are now being analysed in detail with, Keith Harris, the chairman of Seymour Pierce, looking to determine which represents the best deal for both Ashley and the club.

Although all of the interested parties have shown they have the funds necessary to go through with the deal, The Journal understands one of the groups has significantly more financial muscle than the rest.

As a result, they are thought to have the best hope of lifting the Magpies back into the Premier League at the first attempt by providing money to be spent in the transfer market as well as on stabilising the club’s debt following relegation.

However, that is not the only relevant factor, with the structure of the deal also being looked at in terms of how quickly Ashley will receive his money and how quickly the new owners will be in place and able to appoint a new manager. Alan Shearer will almost certainly be given the job.

The former Magpies skipper has been in discreet contact with at least two of the bidding parties and is now waiting for a final breakthrough to be made.

Shearer has also been able to have some say in the team’s pre-season preparations. The first-team squad is currently in Ireland ahead of a friendly against Shamrock Rovers on Saturday, with caretaker boss Chris Hughton putting them through a harsh fitness programme designed by Shearer at the end of last season.

This includes three training sessions a day at their base in Carton House, Kildare, with the first starting at 7am, a sign Shearer was determined to stamp his authority on the players before the frustrating delay in his appointment.

It had been initially thought Newcastle were struggling to find a buyer willing to meet the asking price as a result of the crippling state of the club’s finances.

However, after a brief period of bargaining which has delayed the takeover by a few days, managing director Derek Llambias is confident a formal announcement will be made fairly quickly.

He said: “There have been more than two bids at £100m. At the moment we are in the hands of the lawyers and it is all ongoing. We are giving interested parties

all the help that they need.” Although non-disclosure agreements prevent any of the bidders revealing their identity, sources close to the deal have claimed an American and a South African group are the front runners, as well as the Malaysians who visited the club’s Darsley Park training ground last week.

Meanwhile, former Newcastle forward Peter Løvenkrands is training by himself as he tries to earn a contract with another English club.

The Dane was not offered a new deal by United after his six-month contract expired last month and is still waiting for any of the clubs who have expressed an interest in him to make an offer.

He said: “There are a few things going on and my agent is in some meetings. I have told him not to bring me along until there is something concrete.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/07/new-owners-will-be-unveiled-this-week-61634-24089491/

Like I say, no reason at all to lie about 2 bids meeting the asking price. 

All I see is yet more bitterness.

mate, you're blind. Either that or you're very young and stupid. It's blatantly obvious why it might be in Lambias's interest to fabricate bids being made

i dont believe it one bit. only yday they were saying they couldnt meet the asking price now they think all will be revealed this week?

It's called schizojournalism, It's what happens when you know fuck all.

mate, you're blind, either that or you're very young and stupid. It's blatantly obvious why it might be in Lambias's interest to fabricate bids being made

Any bidders would know that this is bollocks though surely? So he'd have nothing to gain from making it public.

mate, you're blind, either that or you're very young and stupid. It's blatantly obvious why it might be in Lambias's interest to fabricate bids being made

Any bidders would know that this is bollocks though surely? So he'd have nothing to gain from making it public.

Just like we knew that the bid for Michael Johnson was complete bollocks. They still did it though, they're fucking amateurs

Just like we knew that the bid for Michael Johnson was complete bollocks. They still did it though, they're f***ing amateurs

I thought City said they rejected that? Could be wrong.

Just like we knew that the bid for Michael Johnson was complete bollocks. They still did it though, they're f***ing amateurs

I thought City said they rejected that? Could be wrong.

they did, somewhat predictably

So how was the bid bollocks if City said they'd rejected a bid?

thats not how it works, you should know that....ashley and co made some very bad decisions therefore everything they do and say is a lie and is deliberatly to the detriment of nufc.

Because we knew City would reject the bid. We had been negotiating with them concerning Given. Newcastle knew they had no chance of landing Johnson and it was only a smokescreen to show they were trying to do something. Just as the Richardson bid was. They knew Sunderland would never accept, but at least they were trying eh? That last day of the transfer window was a joke and the club tried to pull the wool over our eyes that they were making an effort to get players in. When in reality they didn't want to do anything other than make a profit, then prey that it would be enough to keep us up. Kinnear knew this as well. Yes man though.

Because we knew City would reject the bid. We had been negotiating with them concerning Given. Newcastle knew they had no chance of landing Johnson and it was only a smokescreen to show they were trying to do something. Just as the Richardson bid was. They knew Sunderland would never accept, but at least they were trying eh? That last day of the transfer window was a joke and the club tried to pull the wool over our eyes that they were making an effort to get players in. When in reality they didn't want to do anything other than make a profit, then prey that it would be enough to keep us up. Kinnear knew this as well. Yes man though.

saved me the effort, nail on head

However, that is not the only relevant factor, with the structure of the deal also being looked at in terms of how quickly Ashley will receive his money and how quickly the new owners will be in place and able to appoint a new manager.

:lol:

I wonder which of those Ashley actually gives a fuck about.

I want Freddy Shepherd!  - 85 (21.1%)

I want the Profitable Group! - 102 (25.3%)

I want the South Africans! - 31 (7.7%)

I want whoever the other lot are! - 164 (40.7%)

I want to stick with Mike Ashley! - 21 (5.2%)

Total Voters: 403

Preserved for posterity, new poll added. I suggest the 21 get help, and fast.

It has to be said that no one would buy a Championship club for £100m unless they were going to go all out to get it back into the Premiership. With that in mind I would guess whoever buys us is going to have a serious crack at doing that. As for Malaysians, Americans, South Africans, etc. my preference is whoever is willing to spend the most and is not called Freddy Shepherd.

saved me the effort, nail on head

all clubs bid what they think for players and if the selling clubs want too much they pull out........however from the time of the rooney bid, if we don't actually sign the player then it was all just to con the supporters.

I voted for the Malaysians. Based on nothing at this stage really, other than the potential to bring in money from the far east. This Krishnan chap (if it's even him) seems loaded and a good businessman. Yes, I know we've heard that before...