RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

rumours in the chron office is it could go thorugh tomorrow.

probably more s****.

Where is Lovejoy? Does he work at the Chronicle?

I'm almost certain that he doesn't, but he might know someone who do.

Lovejoy's a top bloke, but I wouldn't read anything into this at all, he even says himself that it's probably more s****.

thanks mate!

nah, read NOTHING into what i posted, a mate works there but rumours are probably exactly what they are, they probs even came form here!

Guest sicko2ndbest

No he has been to SBR funeral

Thomo thats really low if this is a wind up.

Everything up till now has been above board and in line with general banter, but you will have stooped well below that should you be full of shit!

Guest sicko2ndbest

TIMES

Harris says Accept the f***ing Moat bid!

Exclusive

Mike Ashley told to accept Barry Moat bid for NewcastleExclusive

Ashley set a deadline of Friday for bids to be made

Seymour Pierce, the investment bank charged with handing the sale of Newcastle United, will recommend to Mike Ashley, the club's owner, that he accepts a bid from a consortium led by Barry Moat, a prominent Tyneside businessman.

Keith Harris, Seymour Pierce's executive chairman, has been involved in painstaking negotiations with a group fronted by Moat, who is a longstanding box-holder at St James' Park. Moat, who may have backing from the United States, is now regarded as Harris's preferred bidder and at some time over the next 48 hours, Ashley will be asked to accept a formal offer for Newcastle.

As The Times reported yesterday, Ashley has issued an ultimatum of Friday for bids to be made. Since putting the club on the market at the end of last season, when Newcastle were relegated from the Barclays Premier League, he has been demanding a price of £100m.

If Moat's bid is accepted, it will represent a positive development for Alan Shearer, who remains eager to be appointed Newcastle's manager and is close to Moat, who the chairman of the former England striker's testimonial committee. If Ashley decides to reject the offer, the sportswear retailer intends to retain possession of the club for at least another season and is prepared to pump in a further £40m of his own money to cover wages and other costs.

Seymour Pierce, the investment bank charged with handing the sale of Newcastle United, will recommend to Mike Ashley, the club's owner, that he accepts a bid from a consortium led by Barry Moat, a prominent Tyneside businessman

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6740830.ece

So what are you guys thinking about this consortium?

I know nothing about the bloke, but that sounds too good to be true.

TIMES

Harris says Accept the f***ing Moat bid!

Exclusive

Mike Ashley told to accept Barry Moat bid for NewcastleExclusive

Recommend?

(Owen Humphreys/PA)

Ashley set a deadline of Friday for bids to be made

Seymour Pierce, the investment bank charged with handing the sale of Newcastle United, will recommend to Mike Ashley, the club's owner, that he accepts a bid from a consortium led by Barry Moat, a prominent Tyneside businessman.

Keith Harris, Seymour Pierce's executive chairman, has been involved in painstaking negotiations with a group fronted by Moat, who is a longstanding box-holder at St James' Park. Moat, who may have backing from the United States, is now regarded as Harris's preferred bidder and at some time over the next 48 hours, Ashley will be asked to accept a formal offer for Newcastle.

As The Times reported yesterday, Ashley has issued an ultimatum of Friday for bids to be made. Since putting the club on the market at the end of last season, when Newcastle were relegated from the Barclays Premier League, he has been demanding a price of £100m.

If Moat's bid is accepted, it will represent a positive development for Alan Shearer, who remains eager to be appointed Newcastle's manager and is close to Moat, who the chairman of the former England striker's testimonial committee. If Ashley decides to reject the offer, the sportswear retailer intends to retain possession of the club for at least another season and is prepared to pump in a further £40m of his own money to cover wages and other costs.

The name went public, so isn't that already ruled out?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Seymour Pierce, the investment bank charged with handing the sale of Newcastle United, will recommend to Mike Ashley, the club's owner, that he accepts a bid from a consortium led by Barry Moat, a prominent Tyneside businessman

You fucker this was my story, mine mine, mine!!! :)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Whos wrote this?

I would expect it to be Caulkin but he hasnt put his name to it, no one has!:(?

Guest antz1uk

yesssss!!! i hope this is true, he was the chairman of alan shearers testimonial comitee and they are very close, he is very influential in the north east and if he has american backers this would be an ideal scenario... dare we get our hopes up!!?  :knuppel2: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know nothing about the bloke, but that sounds too good to be true.

Same Paper said that Ashley was staying today.  They know less than us.

Guest neesy111

the whole story was promising, even IF ashley has to stay, then he will still make sure the club will not into administration