RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The positive thing is that it makes absolutely no sense to suggest he's so desperate to get rid he's offering it for just £20m up front then also claim he's preparing to keep it. SURELY someone would bite on that offer, someone like Freddy for a start.

The positive thing is that it makes absolutely no sense to suggest he's so desperate to get rid he's offering it for just £20m up front then also claim he's preparing to keep it. SURELY someone would bite on that offer, someone like Freddy for a start.

Where would freddy find the other 80 million tho.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Exactly, there is some contradiction in there. I bet he's not offering anything knowing that fat c***

He probably wouldn't worry about that, he has a year before he needs to start thinking about that sort of thing....

I would be wary of anyone who can't afford to pay for the whole thing now. If someone can only afford the 20mil now, then next year they're surely going to struggle to pay the rest. Even if we were promoted, an 80mil payment would drain the club of cash and would prevent us adding anything decent to the squad. Unless whoevers buying is thinking short term and wants to sell when Premiership status is returned. Then they could pay back Ashley and make a little profit for themselves. Massive gamble though.

I suppose the 80m in a years time would be an incentive to some. We are one of the stronger squads in the league even through all this turmoil.

Just a pity the fat cunt couldn't see that running the club properly since relegation would have seen us a more attractive purchase and we may not be in this mess.

Is this the same Journal who released that brilliant article yesterday with zero quotes, zero evidence and zero backup, who, Lee Ryder quite happily admits, have had zero contact, with zero people at SP or SJP.  

All of this is speculative and not one ounce of truth.  I remain hopeful.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I would be wary of anyone who can't afford to pay for the whole thing now. If someone can only afford the 20mil now, then next year they're surely going to struggle to pay the rest. Even if we were promoted, an 80mil payment would drain the club of cash and would prevent us adding anything decent to the squad. Unless whoevers buying is thinking short term and wants to sell when Premiership status is returned. Then they could pay back Ashley and make a little profit for themselves. Massive gamble though.

I can't believe that moat hasn't got the money as they were all required to provide proof of funds..... I think he's more likely on a budget and wanting to get the club for about 80-90m with some funds for new players and the closer he has got to get to the 100m the less he has for players. Maybe?

I can't believe that moat hasn't got the money as they were all required to provide proof of funds..... I think he's more likely on a budget and wanting to get the club for about 80-90m with some funds for new players and the closer he has got to get to the 100m the less he has for players. Maybe?

that sounds plausible like. just wish ashley sells up and pisses off now

Well consider he has the ~£65m he was supposedly offering previously. He must have already figured that he can 'afford' the wagebill and has a plan to get us straight back up.

£20m down, that gives him a £45m pot to play with for a year - to invest in the manager, the squad and basically make damn sure we make it into the Premier League. From there he could probably attract sufficient funds to pay back the £80m IMO, especially considering the sponsorship deals that are due for renewal at the end of the coming season.

This is all very basic and no doubt someone will call me on it, but I'm just saying that it seems feasible.

Well consider he has the ~£65m he was supposedly offering previously. He must have already figured that he can 'afford' the wagebill and has a plan to get us straight back up.

£20m down, that gives him a £45m pot to play with for a year - to invest in the manager, the squad and basically make damn sure we make it into the Premier League. From there he could probably attract sufficient funds to pay back the £80m IMO, especially considering the sponsorship deals that are due for renewal at the end of the coming season.

This is all very basic and no doubt someone will call me on it, but I'm just saying that it seems feasible.

All depends how serious MA wants to sell.

20m down opens up the game imo.