RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still have a great deal of difficulty believing Ashley is so obtuse that he thinks the value of the club is going to rise the longer he holds out. It's just bizarre.

How can it be so obvious to so may people yet still he thinks he can broker a better deal for himself while the club falls a little bit further behind each day that he holds out?

He'll not hold out longer than the end of this week IMO; he'll either sell or take it off the market.

How it's gone this long (with the fucker holidaying in Hawaii leading up to the season and stuff) in the first place is anyone's guess. It's seemingly obvious he doesn't give a flying fuck about the club's fate. Which as you say, makes no sense.

I genuinely believe he's deluded beyond anything we've ever seen - he thinks someone will give him £100m now, and if not we'll piss the league regardless.

bizzarly would be an improvement on the present situation.

You would think so wouldn't you? yet all those Villa fans hate him with a vengeance.

i'd contemplate souness instead of kinnear or hughton.

I'd contemplate Alan Shearer or Curbishley first. Failing that, if I was a useless fat t*** like Ashley I'd contemplate it's time to clear off and give someone with a bit more football knowledge a go.

without trying to recoup asmuch as possible ?

He's not going to recoup much by staying in this division. If he stays in charge that is what we will do.

true...he may think we have enough to be in a good position by january or whatever. he'll do what he considers is financilly best for him and nothing else.

It's this type of thinking which has led him to massive financial losses to this point. As a clueless fat prick I wouldn't expect otherwise from someone with no football knowledge.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Still have a great deal of difficulty believing Ashley is so obtuse that he thinks the value of the club is going to rise the longer he holds out. It's just bizarre.

How can it be so obvious to so may people yet still he thinks he can broker a better deal for himself while the club falls a little bit further behind each day that he holds out?

To be honest I don't think he gives a shit. I also think part of him believes that he doesn't want anyone else to make a go of it and be successfull.

Well if it fails to come off then I will be of the understanding the club was never seriously up for sale and the who charade has been a scam to slash wages and skip yet another transfer window, ffs if he wants 10m more then send Jonas off with collo carrying his luggage and let us start rebuilding a squad that wants to play for the shirt..

But they can keep that prick O'deary either way, he is to Villa fans that Wise is to us..

Well it wouldn't suprise me if his whole plan was never to sell but to give the impression, sell all the high earners and bring in cheap stock. Then if we get promoted he sells that cheap stock at a profit and he's a hero.

I don't see why he'd need to pretend to sell the club to do that though.  That's something everyone had already accepted had to be done anyway due to the £40m+ in lost revenue.

You've confused me with that last sentence by the way.

How long do we have to wait until we start being a normal club again. Can this cunt not fuck off. If he waits until next summer, that will be nearly 2 years of the club just muddling through with no plan. Total disaster.

How long do we have to wait until we start being a normal club again. Can this c*** not f*** off. If he waits until next summer, that will be nearly 2 years of the club just muddling through with no plan. Total disaster.

i don't thin k we've ever been a normal club. that what makes us special/different. one of those iconic clubs.

How long do we have to wait until we start being a normal club again. Can this cunt not fuck off. If he waits until next summer, that will be nearly 2 years of the club just muddling through with no plan. Total disaster.

It's a joke, we're like a listed building on the verge of falling down without the neccesary repair work, with the owner wanting to hang on another year in case the price of bricks gets cheaper

How long do we have to wait until we start being a normal club again. Can this c*** not f*** off. If he waits until next summer, that will be nearly 2 years of the club just muddling through with no plan. Total disaster.

It's a joke, we're like a listed building on the verge of falling down without the neccesary repair work, with the owner wanting to hang on another year in case the price of bricks gets cheaper

Couldnt have put it better.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Well if it fails to come off then I will be of the understanding the club was never seriously up for sale and the who charade has been a scam to slash wages and skip yet another transfer window, ffs if he wants 10m more then send Jonas off with collo carrying his luggage and let us start rebuilding a squad that wants to play for the shirt..

But they can keep that prick O'deary either way, he is to Villa fans that Wise is to us..

Well it wouldn't suprise me if his whole plan was never to sell but to give the impression, sell all the high earners and bring in cheap stock. Then if we get promoted he sells that cheap stock at a profit and he's a hero.

I don't see why he'd need to pretend to sell the club to do that though.  That's something everyone had already accepted had to be done anyway due to the £40m+ in lost revenue.

Well if he pretends to sell the club then selling the players is more palletable. I really don't know what the bloke is thinking, i'm just guessing trying to think what's going through his head.

Guest Geordiekev

So he could kill 3 birds with one stone, Fail to buy players during yet another wasted transfer window, rid the club of a manager that has a spine (Shearer) and finally cash in on out going players although this would have had to be done regardless of new owners and has in truth been a long time overdue.

But remember all this is more than likely bullshit and just us getting pissed at the fact our club is still sitting in limbo with us remaining both deaf and blind to what is going on, Ashley will be sitting loving it that we the fans that detest him or being put through turmoil..

We await to see how Thomo fits in the latest alleged developments with the shit he has been spouting.  

Why don't you just fuck off with your specially created nick? That would be the best solution to a lessening of bullshit.

So he could kill 3 birds with one stone, Fail to buy players during yet another wasted transfer window, rid the club of a manager that has a spine (Shearer) and finally cash in on out going players although this would have had to be done regardless of new owners and has in truth been a long time overdue.

But remember all this is more than likely bullshit and just us getting pissed at the fact our club is still sitting in limbo with us remaining both deaf and blind to what is going on, Ashley will be sitting loving it that we the fans that detest him or being put through turmoil..

I agree with the bullshit bit :)  Not a shot at you mind, just like you said I think these conspiracy theories are fucking nonsense.

I don't see why he'd need to pretend to sell the club to do that though. That's something everyone had already accepted had to be done anyway due to the £40m+ in lost revenue.

I agree with the bullshit bit :) Not a shot at you mind, just I think the conspiracy theories are fucking nonsense.

Can't you see why they're coming up though? How do you explain what's (not) happened in the last NINE weeks; is the club suddenly going to jump up in value? Is the squad suddenly going to start ripping the opposition to shreds?

Things are getting worse all the time and yet Ashley is still here. That's fucking nonsense.

Guest Vincent V

We await to see how Thomo fits in the latest alleged developments with the s*** he has been spouting.  

f*** me... Did he f*** your sister???

All you do is give him s***.

He is talking shit and despite repeated requests for him provide to some evidence to back up his claims he is yet to do so. 

so basically no one has a clue whats going on not even caulkin. Par for the course then. However just to play devils advocate here there are some who are saying that the sale thing was a ploy to avoid the transfer window and offload the big earners but while point one may be true point two there doesnt seem to be that much evidence for, after all its only a few weeks til the window closes and many big earners are still here, if he was trying that don't you think there would have been more outgoings? Suppose all will become clear(er) in time

We await to see how Thomo fits in the latest alleged developments with the s*** he has been spouting.  

f*** me... Did he f*** your sister???

All you do is give him s***.

He is talking s*** and despite repeated requests for him provide to some evidence to back up his claims he is yet to do so. 

how can he provide evidence without saying "my source is XXXXXXXX" and probably dropping them in the shit ?

if you don't believe it fair enough but why the petty vendetta ?

I agree with the bullshit bit :)  Not a shot at you mind, just I think the conspiracy theories are fucking nonsense.

Can't you see why they're coming up though? How do you explain what's (not) happened in the last NINE weeks; is the club suddenly going to jump up in value? Is the squad suddenly going to start ripping the opposition to shreds?

Things are getting worse all the time and yet Ashley is still here. That's fucking nonsense.

They're just crazy ways to explain something that's pretty simple IMO.  IMO the explanation is that Ashley's a horrible stubborn prick who understands nothing about Football.

We got relegated, Ashley thought we could sell all the high earners and bring in shit and come back up with Shearer in charge.  Shearer told him we needed to keep a decent amount of them AND spend some of the money we got for the rest on some decent young players who could develop into Premiership players.  At which point Ashley says fuck it I'm out, someone take the club off my hands for £100m.  But people aren't offering £100m, they're offering £75m or £85m or whatever and he won't take it.  He managed to swallow making a £150m loss and now he's being asked to take an even higher one and his stubborn nature won't allow him to back down even further then he already has.  Meanwhile due to his massive lack of Footballing knowledge he's finally realising something he should have realised at least a month ago, that the club can't be allowed to drift on like it has.  That if people aren't willing to pay the £100m now they never will as the club will be in an even bigger mess if more players go and nobody is brought in before the transfer window.  So now he thinks he might gamble yet again on putting more money in to cover losses this season, bring in some shit players with a shit manager and hope we can go up.  At which point he'll hope to sell for more then twice what he's being offered now.

I don't see why he'd need to pretend to sell the club to do that though. That's something everyone had already accepted had to be done anyway due to the £40m+ in lost revenue.

I agree with the bullshit bit :) Not a shot at you mind, just I think the conspiracy theories are fucking nonsense.

They're just crazy ways to explain something that's pretty simple IMO. Ashley's a horrible stubborn prick who understands nothing about Football.

We got relegated, Ashley thought we could sell all the high earners and bring in shit and come back up with Shearer in charge. Shearer told him we needed to keep a decent amount of them AND spend some of the money we got for the rest on some decent young players who could develop into Premiership players. At which point Ashley says fuck it I'm out, someone take the club off my hands for £100m. But people aren't offering £100m, they're offering £75m or £85m or whatever and he won't take it. He managed to swallow making a £150m loss and now he's being asked to take a even higher one and his stubborn nature won't allow him the back down. Meanwhile due to his massive lack of Footballing knowledge he's finally realising something he should have realised at least a month ago, that the club can't be allowed to drift on like it has. That if people aren't willing to pay the £100m now they never will as the club will be in an even bigger mess if more players go and nobody is brought in before the transfer window. So now he thinks he might gamble yet again on putting more money in to cover losses this season, bring in some shit players with a shit manager and hope we can go up. At which point he'll hope to sell for more then twice what he's being offered now.

Seems a fair enough summary, but then half of what you say there makes up what you claim are the 'nonsense' conspiracy theories. Namely fucking Shearer off, that he knows best and bollocks to the club in the meantime.

I don't see the problem whatsoever in people speculating. It's all anyone is doing because frankly nobody can second guess the twat.

They're just silly ways to explain something that's pretty simple IMO.  Ashley's a horrible stubborn prick who understands nothing about Football.

We got relegated, Ashley thought we could sell all the high earners and bring in shit and come back up with Shearer in charge.  Shearer told him we needed to keep a decent amount of them AND spend some of the money we got for the rest on some decent young players who could develop into Premiership players.  At which point Ashley says fuck it I'm out, someone take the club off my hands for £100m.  But people aren't offering £100m, they're offering £75m or £85m or whatever and he won't take it.  He managed to swallow making a £150m loss and now he's being asked to take a even higher one and his stubborn nature won't allow him the back down.  Meanwhile due to his massive lack of Footballing knowledge he's finally realising something he should have realised at least a month ago, that the club can't be allowed to drift on like it has.  That if people aren't willing to pay the £100m now they never will as the club will be in an even bigger mess if more players go and nobody is brought in before the transfer window.  So now he thinks he might gamble yet again on putting more money in to cover losses this season, bring in some shit players with a shit manager and hope we can go up.  At which point he'll hope to sell for more then twice what he's being offered now.

In a nutshell, although I'm amazed Seymour Pierce are still trying to broker a deal for this man. Keith Harris is well placed to explain to Ashley the gamble this would be. If, let's say he puts in another £30M, this takes his outlay to £260M. We get promoted, he gets £200M, not as big of a loss. If on the other hand we don't go up, he's looking at around £40-50M tops I reckon, his loss has nearly doubled.

On top of the financial hit, his reputation will have taken a huge blow. He sells now, walks away, becomes a recluse again. He keeps us, derisory songs are sung from the terraces week in week out, some even broadcast on TV. We go up, he wins a little credibility back, we stay where we are the abuse undoubtedly continues until he leaves. If things aen't going well on the pitch, whoever he gives the job to (other than Shearer) has the crowd on their back. If it's JFK from day one, he will not be accepted back by the fans, he's made crass comments about how deluded we all are.

Every way I look at this, I just can't see Ashley staying. If he does and goes with one of his cronies to run the team , he's either intent on damaging us beyond any short term repair, or being advised by incredibly stupid people

Dave

The bit about Shearer isn't a conspiracy theory though.  Lambias/Ashley both said they wanted Shearer to be manager and they'd asked him to provide them with a plan to take the club forward.  Shortly after that Ashley announced he was selling, so what else changed his mind?  Shearer has also said himself that he gave them his ideas and was then told Ashley was deciding to sell.

Obviously there's some theory in my post, but I wouldn't say its much of a conspiracy like.  Certainly not to the level of claiming that he's just pretended to want to sell the club for months so he can do things he could already do anyway.  Or that he's not bothered about losing money as long as he can take the club down as far as possible in order to hurt the fans as revenge.  Those are the kind of theories I think are nonsense.