RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Dennis Carter

We will be sold on the 1st of september to Freddie Shepherd for 60 million. He is the only serious bidder and Ashley doesn't want to sell it to him while the window is open 

Guest wshmag

We will be sold on the 1st of september to Freddie Shepherd for 60 million. He is the only serious bidder and Ashley doesn't want to sell it to him while the window is open 

there is no bid, unless there is a very secret bid from anyone,we won't be sold .

that,my friend, i can guarentee .

there is no bid, unless there is a very secret bid from anyone,we won't be sold .

In the mean time Ashley is selling off players to make up for the shortfall in Shepherd's offer.

Sounds plausible... even if it has been plucked out of thin air.

Let's invent an ITK source to make it sound more credible.

In the mean time Ashley is selling off players to make up for the shortfall in Shepherd's offer.

Marley???????

Guest Dennis Carter

haha it wasn't plucked out of thin air but I was a bit reluctant to post it due to the general bad feeling towards any takeover rumours on here. Previous bids like malaysians and serious manboob have all been fabricated to try and force sepherds hand but he won't go any higher than 60. Ashley is reluctant to sell to him for obvious reasons so he's trying to screw him over by letting the window shut

Guest sicko2ndbest

haha it wasn't plucked out of thin air but I was a bit reluctant to post it due to the general bad feeling towards any takeover rumours on here. Previous bids like malaysians and serious manboob have all been fabricated to try and force sepherds hand but he won't go any higher than 60. Ashley is reluctant to sell to him for obvious reasons so he's trying to screw him over by letting the window shut

I smell bullshit! :)

Marley???????

More of an IAMs than an ITK tbh. Got a propper lush Hollywood smile though.

TBH sounds like something Ashley would do, as credible as anything else anyway.

Did a quick sum of the finances as I assume they are: We've made 20 - 21 million from the Sale of Beye, Bassong and Martins. Working on the assumption that the following salaries are close to being right we've saved another 20.6 million a year.

Owen 110k pw

Viduka 75k

Beye 50k

Martins 60k

Cacapa 30k

Nacho 30k

Loven 30k

Bassong 6k

Edgar 6k

The drop in TV revenue between Prem and CCC is 42 million. So we are just about there. Of course the caveat is that the transfer fees will not be paid up front but over a number of years. From a financial point of view though the shortfall will be the loss in matchday reveenue from lower crowds, corporates and sponsorship. If we start to do well and look good for promotion though, the crowds will come back and the revenue will still be there. 1 or 2 more sales and Ashley may well be in a strong position as long as crowds stay around 30k.

The problem though will be finding 20 million plus next season to fill the gap assuming we don't go up.

Not really - we have been losing £20 to £30 million a year and, in the best case, your maths just gets us back to that position, it doesn't show a way of getting back to break even. In truth there probably is no easy way back to break even - as the buyers doing their due diligence will have realised.

Guest Dennis Carter

I'm just posting what I've heard i'm certainly not gonna get my hopes up and I'm not gonna claim to be itk or anythig I just thought I would post it cos i know the guy who told me wouldn't deliberately lie and I can see it happening on current events. As thick as we know  mike Ashley is he's not stupid enough to hold on to th club for another season. At the end of the day he's a businessman and there's people on here bating for his blood. The clubs value is just gonna go further and further down

Did a quick sum of the finances as I assume they are: We've made 20 - 21 million from the Sale of Beye, Bassong and Martins. Working on the assumption that the following salaries are close to being right we've saved another 20.6 million a year.

Owen 110k pw

Viduka 75k

Beye 50k

Martins 60k

Cacapa 30k

Nacho 30k

Loven 30k

Bassong 6k

Edgar 6k

The drop in TV revenue between Prem and CCC is 42 million. So we are just about there. Of course the caveat is that the transfer fees will not be paid up front but over a number of years. From a financial point of view though the shortfall will be the loss in matchday reveenue from lower crowds, corporates and sponsorship. If we start to do well and look good for promotion though, the crowds will come back and the revenue will still be there. 1 or 2 more sales and Ashley may well be in a strong position as long as crowds stay around 30k.

The problem though will be finding 20 million plus next season to fill the gap assuming we don't go up.

Not really - we have been losing £20 to £30 million a year and, in the best case, your maths just gets us back to that position, it doesn't show a way of getting back to break even. In truth there probably is no easy way back to break even - as the buyers doing their due diligence will have realised.

this,.. the club is worthless more of a liabilty than an asset.

Guest MrSundlofer

Been in talk with a player at the club (not that one, but the other one...) and he thinks Joe Kinnear will be the new manager.

:kinnear:

Guest MrSundlofer

Been in talk with a player at the club (not that one, but the other one...) and he thinks Joe Kinnear will be the new manager.

Well you could say their name, whats gonna happen, he'll be sacked? it's easier to sack a Council Employee

But with "(not that one, but the other one...)" I think most people here now who.

Guest DavB93

There is definetely a bid for the club on the table and that is from Freddy...guaranted 100%

Guest ObaStar

Well you could say their name, whats gonna happen, he'll be sacked? it's easier to sack a Council Employee

But with "(not that one, but the other one...)" I think most people here now who.

what does it mean. i dont follow

If he does it the way I think he could...

He's selling every player with value and then selling the club to Shepherd, Shepherd will then have a skint squad full of youth players and Geremi. Shepherd will then have to pump more money in to bring in players in January to save us from going under again.

Its so plausible, think about it. Based on everything you've seen since his time here, could that not be the most plausible thing? In Ashley's stupid mind, he is probably thinking "You left me a club in debt, now you'll get it back, but a debt in the form of a lack of players, good luck"

http://themallorca.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/freddy_shepherd.jpg

If he does sell the club to FFS, I hope Shep comes in with a cricket bat and beats JFK senseless, with that stone cold smirky ugly mug of his.

Ryan Taylor or Steven Taylor?

He's selling every player with value and then selling the club to Shepherd, Shepherd will then have a skint squad full of youth players and Geremi. Shepherd will then have to pump more money in to bring in players in January to save us from going under again.

Its so plausible, think about it. Based on everything you've seen since his time here, could that not be the most plausible thing? In Ashley's stupid mind, he is probably thinking "You left me a club in debt, now you'll get it back, but a debt in the form of a lack of players, good luck"

:facepalm:

Owen 110k pw

Viduka 75k

Beye 50k

Martins 60k

Cacapa 30k

Nacho 30k

Loven 30k

Bassong 6k

Edgar 6k

They predicted a loss of 7 million for this year, when we were back in the prem, not 20 million, that was the actual loss for the previous year. I guess due to the fact that most of our recent transfer windows have seen us make a profit therefore the ones we owed on like Luque, Duff, Owen etc were coming towards the end of there payments, while those we sold Dyer, Parker, Milner et al, would still be bringing in the money. Their prediction of loss is more accruate gauge than the previous year's loss as that situation changes all the time.

I'm not saying we don't have a shortfall still of around 20 million, that could be made up from the drop in attendaces and marketing of the club, it's just not as attractive to corporates and sponsors as it was in the Prem days. But what I am saying is that the loss in TV renvenue from dropping down a division has largely be negated already and if a buyer is prepared to take a chance and fund a promotion push, they could be sitting pretty.

:facepalm:

Hah, you see what this is driving all of us to man? We are going mental. Re-reading waht I wrote earlier, I'm even face-palming my own posts.