RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just keep looking back to Llambias' non-denial of Moat's interest. There's blatantly something happening with this, it's just a case of time. I just hope whoever's taking ages with whatever hurry the fuck on.

I must admit having met the guy this week, Hughton just seems too nice for this job.

Ive all the time in the world for him. I havent once held him responsible for any of this mess. If anything he has just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Top man for standing up to it when needed.

I must admit having met the guy this week, Hughton just seems too nice for this job.

we all knew that anyway, he's got no backbone whatsoever

What the fuck are you on about man? How does he have no backbone?

Guest Heneage

Very probably. :thup:

The guy I was shadowing said he's just too nice to tell Ashley what anyone else would. And in a way you begin to feel sorry for him, because Journalists chuck him some real curve ball questions, and he never moans, he never says his job is hard or anything like that.

*Non-gay disclaimer* ... Have you seen his guns though? There's a fair leg of lamb on each side there... i reckon he could eat a green beret for breakfast could wor Chrissy.

anyone else need that translated ?

*Non-gay disclaimer* ... Have you seen his guns though? There's a fair leg of lamb on each side there... i reckon he could eat a green beret for breakfast could wor Chrissy.

anyone else need that translated ?

Good arms on him. He could man handle and rape any one of us.

:lol: at the ppl holding someone in 'high regard' for picking up a more than decent wage for something they're not capable of.

What a martyr.

So, if this is the criteria for how much you're allowed to like someone in football... should we have looked at Alan Shearer (as player) with a stern face, nodding our heads with bleak appreciation? After all, he was on £50,000 a week so he should have been performing like that - hardly a hero for goodness sake. Anything less and it's not really good enough and an injustice.  .....?

It doesn't work like that. We know what people earn in football; it's something us mere mortals have got to put to the back of our mind. I'm not considering that whatsoever.

I like the guy because whilst: he knows he's out of his depth, we know he's out of his depth, the players know he's out of his depth, he's got stuck in - kept a cool head and simply got on with it. Not forgetting he's been here since Allardyce - he's seen it all, but regarless of that, he's done his (and other people's) jobs with no fuss whatsoever.

It warmed the heart a bit seeing him celebrate the way he did when Duff scored. He loves this club and badly wants to do well for us, you can see that and i tip my hat to him for that.

Agreed with all of this until "he loves the club".....he loves the club employing him and paying him.

Guest ObaStar

:lol: at the ppl holding someone in 'high regard' for picking up a more than decent wage for something they're not capable of.

What a martyr.

So, if this is the criteria for how much you're allowed to like someone in football... should we have looked at Alan Shearer (as player) with a stern face, nodding our heads with bleak appreciation? After all, he was on £50,000 a week so he should have been performing like that - hardly a hero for goodness sake. Anything less and it's not really good enough and an injustice.  .....?

It doesn't work like that. We know what people earn in football; it's something us mere mortals have got to put to the back of our mind. I'm not considering that whatsoever.

I like the guy because whilst: he knows he's out of his depth, we know he's out of his depth, the players know he's out of his depth, he's got stuck in - kept a cool head and simply got on with it. Not forgetting he's been here since Allardyce - he's seen it all, but regarless of that, he's done his (and other people's) jobs with no fuss whatsoever.

It warmed the heart a bit seeing him celebrate the way he did when Duff scored. He loves this club and badly wants to do well for us, you can see that and i tip my hat to him for that.

Agreed with all of this until "he loves the club".....he loves the club employing him and paying him.

Do you love the firm employing and paying you?

Would hope that if it was true, then it shows that a takeover is close, or that there is a good chance Moat will get the go ahead from the bank. If not I would have expected Ashley to have already taken the club off the market.

What gets me is if Seymour Pierce have recommended Barry Moat to Ashley as a viable owner how is it Moat is going to banks begging for money ffs i thought any bidder had to prove they had the funds to purchase the club and finance it as a going concern ,totally shocked by this if its true so can anyone educate us on this  :rant:

What gets me is if Seymour Pierce have recommended Barry Moat to Ashley as a viable owner how is it Moat is going to banks begging for money ffs i thought any bidder had to prove they had the funds to purchase the club and finance it as a going concern ,totally shocked by this if its true so can anyone educate us on this :rant:

Er, probably isn't going to them begging for money.