RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For me Moat is the best we could have hoped for

He has a personal, emotional attachment to the club and someone the fans will be able to trust. Should things go well i have no doubt he will search for further investment. I much prefer him to some consortium from the other side of the world.

Couldnt agree more it is the best we can hope for and hope it comes off and this nightmare will end

I agree, someone who "cares" is the most important thing.

We are all currently learning this from the experience - right now - of being controlled by someone who HATES us and our club and everything we stand for and believe in.

Trouble is . . . we also need someone who has a lot more money than 'Moat and his backers' seem to have, or in a year or so we will end up with a caring owner of a DORMANT (failed and small thinking) club.

Does this ring a bell with those of us who remember the Westwood and McKeag years?  They were VERY LONG years.

BUT - first things first - lets get a proper owner first, then hope he has rich friends!  

i literally give up, I will pay no more interest in any takeover, managerial, player sales, loan transfers etc. until such a time as Ashley either a) releases a statement that he is staying and that we will last until at least January with what we have, or b) that someone (anyone...) has taken over the club.

I just can't take anymore crap!

here's hoping for at least a point today,

Been away for a few days and I see nothing has changed really. Longer this goes on, the more likely he'll take us off the market. And so will begin the final journey for this club on it's way to hell.

If Kinnear returns, it's yet another kick in the knackers for the very fans that he had a go at some months ago. Once again, backs up the feeling that Ashley holds nothing but contempt for the fans. But we knew that already. :(

i literally give up, I will pay no more interest in any takeover, managerial, player sales, loan transfers etc. until such a time as Ashley either a) releases a statement that he is staying and that we will last until at least January with what we have, or b) that someone (anyone...) has taken over the club.

I just can't take anymore crap!

here's hoping for at least a point today,

see you later in this thread tbh we cannot stay away  :-[

MA: Deadlines end of July for bids, thats final

SP: theres no bids Mike

MA: Right deadlines 1st August definatley final

SP: theres no interested parties Mike

MA: Right offer installment plan and lower the wage bill, deadlines 15th August, final chance.

SP: theres no takers Mike

MA: Right deadlines gone

SP: So now whats plan B ?

MA: fuck knows erm sell it, extend the deadline erm im full of shit i cant set a deadline cos theres no-one interested parties

SP: Live in real world mike? accept any reasonable offer?

MA: fuck off

Pretty much sums up the "ongoing negotiations"  :facepalm:

Guest Wally_McFool

MA: Deadlines end of July for bids, thats final

SP: theres no bids Mike

MA: Right deadlines 1st August definatley final

SP: theres no interested parties Mike

MA: Right offer installment plan and lower the wage bill, deadlines 15th August, final chance.

SP: theres no takers Mike

MA: Right deadlines gone

SP: So now whats plan B ?

MA: fuck knows erm sell it, extend the deadline erm im full of shit i cant set a deadline cos theres no-one interested parties

SP: Live in real world mike? accept any reasonable offer?

MA: fuck off

Pretty much sums up the "ongoing negotiations"   :facepalm:

SP: Put an email on the Official Club website advertising that the club is for sale , Mike.

MA: What a cracking idea.

Here's my prediction;

Ashely will sell a stake to Moat and they'll jointly own it, with Moat taking responsibility for the day to day running............all for a lesser fee than the £100m originally quoted.

You heard it here first. Straight from the horses knackers.

Guest ItalianMagpie

As far as I understood they're close friends, and it wouldn't surprise me if the negotiations failed but the fat c*** invited Moat to the game anyway. Moreover, I guess he likes to fool with us...

Here's my prediction;

Ashely will sell a stake to Moat and they'll jointly own it, with Moat taking responsibility for the day to day running............all for a lesser fee than the £100m originally quoted.

Aye, I can see that happening, not a bad guess Minhosa. Ashley said a long time back he'd be keen to bring in other investors to spread/share the risk. May well be what happens here now.

As far as I understood they're close friends, and it wouldn't surprise me if the negotiations failed but the fat c*** invited Moat to the game anyway. Moreover, I guess he likes to fool with us...

They might be mates but if Ashley has been pissing him round, I doubt he'd sit next to him. He has his own box anyway. It's kind of the way Ashley does things though, I'd expect an announcement of some sort this week, plus Moat was wearing a club tie (Reading too much into it probably............)

Here's my prediction;

Aye, I can see that happening, not a bad guess Minhosa. Ashley said a long time back he'd be keen to bring in other investors to spread/share the risk. May well be what happens here now.

Is one of things that made me think of it mate.

The fact they are there today and looking pally etc only reinforces imho.

It allows him to sit and wait for promotion and they can use the Moat money to invest in the first team. Sell it then.

Here's my prediction;

I actually think this sounds like a reasonable prediction. I hadn't thought of it, but I can see it happening now that you mention it.