RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

that doesnt sound right to me??

mike ashley: sorry we cant have that really important meeting tonight about taking over the entire club, because we are trying to sign a player,

us buyer: ok no bother, i will ring you tomorrow then.

mike ashley: cheers, bye.

us buyer: see ya  :facepalm:

It makes no sense at all for normal human beings so it probably makes perfect sense for Ashley.

Guest Micktoon

It doesn't when put like that :razz:

Sorry mate you're probably a really nice guy, but I think you may be full of brown steamy.

Guest Redheugh

It doesn't when put like that :razz:

Sorry mate you're probably a really nice guy, but I think you may be full of brown steamy.

OK

:-X :-X :-X

Guest geordienorway

that doesnt sound right to me??

mike ashley: sorry we cant have that really important meeting tonight about taking over the entire club, because we are trying to sign a player,

us buyer: ok no bother, i will ring you tomorrow then.

mike ashley: cheers, bye.

us buyer: see ya  :facepalm:

Maybe they know the takeover won't be done in time for any players to come in, and because of that is focusing on getting some players in? Surely the US buyers would like to strenghten our squad before the deadline, and if that can't be done by them, they would like Ashley and Llambias to do the business for them? Given the sale is pretty much concluded of course.

Guest DavB93

nothing is going to happen today, tomorrow or the next. We are just stuck with Ashley, I really hope I'm wrong but don't think I am.

It could seem like shit that a meeting has been cancelled however, the takeover can be completed anytime, if we need to tie up a deal for a player for cash then it makes more sense for the buyers to sanction this move then tie up the paperwork for the club after the transfer deadline.

We can only wait and see though.

Well, if as Redheugh says, the yanks have moved on from SP and negotiations are going on with Llambiarese and Ashley, if I was them, I would be interested to view my future investment. What better time than tonights game?

Anyone going to the game to see who ios sitting in the owners area alongside Ashley and co.

So, a player is coming in. I wonder whether it is either Killgallon or Lovenkrands or Vaughan or any bugger.

Guest DavB93

Well, if as Redheugh says, the yanks have moved on from SP and negotiations are going on with Llambiarese and Ashley, if I was them, I would be interested to view my future investment. What better time than tonights game?

Anyone going to the game to see who ios sitting in the owners area alongside Ashley and co.

So, a player is coming in. I wonder whether it is either Killgallon or Lovenkrands or Vaughan or any bugger.

All three would be great but never going to happen.

It's televised anyway so we'll know soon enough like you say.

Any bugger will do!

Parky, I can't answer that. I guess the group will be asked that come the glorious day.

I know a proposed meeting was postponed last night as the club are negotiating with a player coming in.

Fatwax

Unfortunately, not down under. Will be relying on updates from you guys for any news.

Haha don't worry, you'll definitely have that with it televised over here. Rumours of a 50k gate too, which is really impressive for a televised game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1210094/Desperate-Mike-Ashley-wait-Barry-Moat-Newcastle-sale--CHARLES-SALES-SPORTS-AGENDA.html?ITO=1490

Desperate Mike Ashley will wait for prospective buyer Barry Moat over Newcastle United sale

Last updated at 12:05 AM on 31st August 2009

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is now prepared to wait for at least another month after this week's transfer deadline to see if he can sell the troubled club to Toon property magnate Barry Moat, who is the preferred choice.

Despite all the recent deadlines on a sale imposed by Ashley, Moat needs the extra time to find out whether he and his backers can raise the necessary additional money to ensure lenders Barclays Bank are not in a position to close down the club at any moment.

Moat, even with the shortfall in his current funding plans, retains the full confidence of football club brokers Seymour Pierce, whom Ashley has instructed to sell Newcastle.

The difficulties Seymour Pierce have encountered in finding a genuine new owner for Newcastle include sham buyers presenting documents claiming fictitious support from a Swiss Bank, while another offer included the endorsement signatures of the HSBC high command without their knowledge.

At least Moat is recognised as a realistic purchaser who, if successful, is expected to get rid of Derek Llambias faster than the time it took the current managing director to streak across St James' Park - and then deny he did it.

It's strange how some papers are just completely ignoring this US story.

WTF is it about this club that it always seems to attract chancers and con artists?

Fatwax

Yeah, will be tuned in and ready to go. They are televising a replay of the game at 12:30 am, wednesday morning our time, 3'30 tuesday afternoon your time but I will already know that we will have one 5-0 by then.......LOL

Fatwax

Unfortunately, not down under. Will be relying on updates from you guys for any news.

It's streamed live (legally) on bet365.com. All

you need is an account, no need to spend any money.

Ps. Sorry if this does not apply doon under

Redheugh

Out of interest and as you work for a lawyer, did you say that the yanks have deposited funds as proof of purchase with lawyers last week? If so, can you confirm just how significant this is? I would think that companies looking for publicity stunts would not go as far as this. I am correct in thinking that the deposit is a significant amount?

Fatwax

You sure Towelie?

I only get this being shown tonight

20:15 | SOCCER

Benfica v Vitoria Setubal

Fatwax

You sure Towelie?

I only get this being shown tonight

20:15 | SOCCER

Benfica v Vitoria Setubal

The game will be shown on Bet365, but the screen is the size of a match box. Better than nothing.

Fatwax

I fucking hate the fact that we will not have this game on live telly because of a fuckin Zlatan Ibrahimovic wankfest! Damn you TV4!

Fatwax

I fucking hate the fact that we will not have this game on live telly because of a fuckin Zlatan Ibrahimovic wankfest! Damn you TV4!

indeed! One more reason to hate that big nosed fucker :angry: