RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In England, clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November.

No relevance, just a random piece of trivia for anyone who didn't know about loaning outside the window.

Well firstly, as long as nobody else leaves (except Geremi) then we're only a few loans/freebies from being good enough. But if someone decides Colo/Jonas has to go then yes, we'd have to make money signings - thats where the panic comes in. A good deadline day will be making sure nobody else leaves, and any signings are a bonus.

Still can't believe that we've not spent a penny this summer considering our past reputation.

This has nothing to do with the takeover, but since this thread is already uselessly long and utterly lacking in substance anyway....

I was rick-rolled in a cab tonight. Damn song started playing literally the second I opened the door and jumped in. Being drunk, I froze for about five seconds fumbling for Ctrl+Alt+Del on a non-existent keyboard.

That is all.

This has nothing to do with the takeover, but since this thread is already uselessly long and utterly lacking in substance anyway....

I was rick-rolled in a cab tonight. Damn song started playing literally the second I opened the door and jumped in. Being drunk, I froze for about five seconds fumbling for Ctrl+Alt+Del on a non-existent keyboard.

That is all.

i take it you havent been out for a while  :dowie:

That is all.

What I enjoy about this is that you live in Korea, and Rick Astley was playing. In Korea. :lol:

That is all.

What I enjoy about this is that you live in Korea, and Rick Astley was playing. In Korea. :lol:

Jesus Christ, yes. Talk about hitting you when you're not expecting it...

I've had a kidney stone for the last two months that I can't pass, which I've decided must be the metaphysical manifestation of this transfer saga (pain and frustration!). Anyways, good news, I'm having it removed tomorrow. So if my theory is correct, we should be sold tomorrow night as well.  ;D

I think the mommentum is with the Americans Moat last chance is tomorrow and there is no eveidnce the bank already loaned him the money. So starting Tuesday Morning we are left with the americans and Ashely in which case i prefer the earlier the better...

That is all.

I was shopping the day I read Redheugh's ITK blurb and Rick came on the shop radio. Naturally I took it as a sign, but then forgot about it until I read the above.

There's no such thing as coincidence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1210094/Desperate-Mike-Ashley-wait-Barry-Moat-Newcastle-sale--CHARLES-SALES-SPORTS-AGENDA.html?ITO=1490

Desperate Mike Ashley will wait for prospective buyer Barry Moat over Newcastle United sale

Last updated at 12:05 AM on 31st August 2009

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is now prepared to wait for at least another month after this week's transfer deadline to see if he can sell the troubled club to Toon property magnate Barry Moat, who is the preferred choice.

Despite all the recent deadlines on a sale imposed by Ashley, Moat needs the extra time to find out whether he and his backers can raise the necessary additional money to ensure lenders Barclays Bank are not in a position to close down the club at any moment.

Moat, even with the shortfall in his current funding plans, retains the full confidence of football club brokers Seymour Pierce, whom Ashley has instructed to sell Newcastle.

The difficulties Seymour Pierce have encountered in finding a genuine new owner for Newcastle include sham buyers presenting documents claiming fictitious support from a Swiss Bank, while another offer included the endorsement signatures of the HSBC high command without their knowledge.

At least Moat is recognised as a realistic purchaser who, if successful, is expected to get rid of Derek Llambias faster than the time it took the current managing director to streak across St James' Park - and then deny he did it.

It's strange how some papers are just completely ignoring this US story.

Guest ItalianMagpie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1210094/Desperate-Mike-Ashley-wait-Barry-Moat-Newcastle-sale--CHARLES-SALES-SPORTS-AGENDA.html?ITO=1490

Desperate Mike Ashley will wait for prospective buyer Barry Moat over Newcastle United sale

Last updated at 12:05 AM on 31st August 2009

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is now prepared to wait for at least another month after this week's transfer deadline to see if he can sell the troubled club to Toon property magnate Barry Moat, who is the preferred choice.

Despite all the recent deadlines on a sale imposed by Ashley, Moat needs the extra time to find out whether he and his backers can raise the necessary additional money to ensure lenders Barclays Bank are not in a position to close down the club at any moment.

Moat, even with the shortfall in his current funding plans, retains the full confidence of football club brokers Seymour Pierce, whom Ashley has instructed to sell Newcastle.

The difficulties Seymour Pierce have encountered in finding a genuine new owner for Newcastle include sham buyers presenting documents claiming fictitious support from a Swiss Bank, while another offer included the endorsement signatures of the HSBC high command without their knowledge.

At least Moat is recognised as a realistic purchaser who, if successful, is expected to get rid of Derek Llambias faster than the time it took the current managing director to streak across St James' Park - and then deny he did it.

It's strange how some papers are just completely ignoring this US story.

Or is this US story itself that is strange? :shifty:

On the other hand, they come out from nothing, Llambiarse said they've been talking for 2 weeks and they still have to give proof of funds and despite million speculations came out from newspaper and websites of any kind nobody had mentioned them till 3-4 days ago. This can be either a great or an awful sign, I don't know it yet.

why dont ashley just delay the sale until the end of the season, because we all know that is exactly what he's gonna do.  all this PR crap about about potential buyers are all aload of old cock wash.

why dont ashley just delay the sale until the end of the season, because we all know that is exactly what he's gonna do.  all this PR crap about about potential buyers are all aload of old cock wash.

Because then he'd have to buy players.

He will still have to regardless.

Because then he'd have to buy players.

He will still have to regardless.

I hope you're right, but I think we'll find out that there's a big difference between what Mike Ashley should do on Tuesday and what he will do on Tuesday.