RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As I have said before, unless Moat has decent back-up funds to sign some much-needed players, he is next to useless - it doesn't matter if Shearer or anyone else is manager, they cannot prevent injuries/suspensions and as soon as they happen, the team will start to fail because the squad is not strong enough.

Also, IF there is another consortium interested, why have they allowed things to drag on as long, knowing that the Transfer Window will soon close and that they will face the same problems as Moat?

Seems to me that no-one with decent funds wants to touch the club with a barge-pole at the price Ashley is wanting/overdraft as it is, so it is now looking as if Ashley will drag this out until at least Christmas ; no sensible buyer would want to take it on before that because THEY would start getting the flak if the team starts struggling....also, IF the team is still doing OK by Christmas, Ashley, being the chancer he is, will be tempted to try to hang on until the end of season in the hope that promotion is obtained and he can get more money for the club.

Its not looking good right now.

the player we will be signing will be sturridge on loan from chelsea

If true very happy.

If not true, I'll not be surprised.  Cover for left and up top. But its not happening.  :p

Guest Redheugh

To be fair...Redhugh has been quite spot on with his ITK knowledge...

However I'm so fed up of all this s**** I dont believe anything any more.

Understandable.

Will post what I know. Should be some info 4 to 5pm.

To be fair...Redhugh has been quite spot on with his ITK knowledge...

However I'm so fed up of all this s**** I dont believe anything any more.

Understandable.

Will post what I know. Should be some info 4 to 5pm.

Nice...just in time for the game!

My money is on MA not wanting to sell the club. He will perhaps get Moat onboard who will buy a share of the club. MA's plan will be to sell when we get back in the PL and he can ask 200m + again.

Guest burtyboy

just heard it from the kit man ray thompson, we have been trying over the weekend for him. it might not come off though but we are trying to get him.

probably not come knowing our luck.

for the record i do believe redhuegh 99%, (1%) could be another thommo,

but wish he could say more!!!

just heard it from the kit man ray thompson, we have been trying over the weekend for him. it might not come off though but we are trying to get him.

probably not come knowing our luck.

for the record i do believe redhuegh 99%, (1%) could be another thommo,

but wish he could say more!!!

What game did he buy?

Guest Geordiesned

He's claimed that the 2,500 members of NUSC are all signed up to this. Anyone who's a member care to respond to that?

Also claims he's got meetings with 3 different supporters groups tonight. Have we even got 3 different supporters groups?

Guest Geordiesned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1210094/Desperate-Mike-Ashley-wait-Barry-Moat-Newcastle-sale--CHARLES-SALES-SPORTS-AGENDA.html?ITO=1490

Desperate Mike Ashley will wait for prospective buyer Barry Moat over Newcastle United sale

Last updated at 12:05 AM on 31st August 2009

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is now prepared to wait for at least another month after this week's transfer deadline to see if he can sell the troubled club to Toon property magnate Barry Moat, who is the preferred choice.

Despite all the recent deadlines on a sale imposed by Ashley, Moat needs the extra time to find out whether he and his backers can raise the necessary additional money to ensure lenders Barclays Bank are not in a position to close down the club at any moment.

Moat, even with the shortfall in his current funding plans, retains the full confidence of football club brokers Seymour Pierce, whom Ashley has instructed to sell Newcastle.

The difficulties Seymour Pierce have encountered in finding a genuine new owner for Newcastle include sham buyers presenting documents claiming fictitious support from a Swiss Bank, while another offer included the endorsement signatures of the HSBC high command without their knowledge.

At least Moat is recognised as a realistic purchaser who, if successful, is expected to get rid of Derek Llambias faster than the time it took the current managing director to streak across St James' Park - and then deny he did it.

It's strange how some papers are just completely ignoring this US story.

WTF is it about this club that it always seems to attract chancers and con artists?

Asking for bids by email didn't really help tbh.

He's claimed that the 2,500 members of NUSC are all signed up to this. Anyone who's a member care to respond to that?

Also claims he's got meetings with 3 different supporters groups tonight. Have we even got 3 different supporters groups?

That sounds like utter bollocks, and it'll be interesting to see how they respond.

That Roberts idiot is slavering through an interview on SoccerExtra now. How can they sit there and and not laugh at him.

Turned it on - heard Roberts say "the club will have 25m to spend every year" - turned it off again.

Guest burtyboy

argh i know what you mean, grainger games!!

i dont work in the shops, iam in head office.

i know ray from when i was at newcastle.

Sounds like utter bollocks when you consider we have a game tonight.

Sounds like utter bollocks when you consider we have a game tonight.

"3 different supporters groups" = 3 of his mates going to the game.