RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1210094/Desperate-Mike-Ashley-wait-Barry-Moat-Newcastle-sale--CHARLES-SALES-SPORTS-AGENDA.html?ITO=1490

Desperate Mike Ashley will wait for prospective buyer Barry Moat over Newcastle United sale

Last updated at 12:05 AM on 31st August 2009

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is now prepared to wait for at least another month after this week's transfer deadline to see if he can sell the troubled club to Toon property magnate Barry Moat, who is the preferred choice.

Despite all the recent deadlines on a sale imposed by Ashley, Moat needs the extra time to find out whether he and his backers can raise the necessary additional money to ensure lenders Barclays Bank are not in a position to close down the club at any moment.

Moat, even with the shortfall in his current funding plans, retains the full confidence of football club brokers Seymour Pierce, whom Ashley has instructed to sell Newcastle.

The difficulties Seymour Pierce have encountered in finding a genuine new owner for Newcastle include sham buyers presenting documents claiming fictitious support from a Swiss Bank, while another offer included the endorsement signatures of the HSBC high command without their knowledge.

At least Moat is recognised as a realistic purchaser who, if successful, is expected to get rid of Derek Llambias faster than the time it took the current managing director to streak across St James' Park - and then deny he did it.

It's strange how some papers are just completely ignoring this US story.

For all we know the US story could turn out to be a load of bollocks. It wouldn't be a surprise if Moat doesn't pull out as well now that the sale has dragged on after the transfer deadline, then Ashley can go and stick his £100m price tag up his arse.

Is Moat actually a good buyer? It sounds like he hasnt got a pot to piss in, in regards to running a football club this size. Just where will the money for transfers etc come from if he is struggling to even buy the club?

Guest Lets Dance

It sounds like he hasnt got a pot to piss in, in regards to running a football club this size.

I agree. Recent articles seem to indicate that Moat is struggling to raise the funds just to buy the club. Why would Moat think he would be viewed as a more desirable owner by fans if the only way he could take control of the club is to repay Ashley the asking price back over say 10 years? Any future cash generated by the club needs to be put straight back into squad investment. With Moat at the helm I think we would languish in the Championship for a good number of seasons (if lucky). Moat would no doubt argue that the fans wanted the geordie dream so he gave it to them. A geordie owner with a geordie manager trying to bring through geordie talent but not a pot to p$#s in!

It's like Moat wants to buy some big American muscle car then does not have the funds to stick petrol in and maintain it. As each day passes the car will depreciate more and become rustier and rustier  :dowie:

Moat doesnt sound like the answer to our prayers. We need an owner who isnt phased by this overdraft and is looking to heavily invest in our squad over the next year or two. The problem is there aint too many of those about right now!  :facepalm:

Hopefully they'll make me eat my words but I reckon there's no 'US-based group' involved. It's probably just another scam by the dodgy bald fella. If anybody takes over it would be Moat and it could drag on for several more months..

Redheugh has been about pretty consistently over the last few days.  As for Moat none of us have any clue what is going on.  It has been said that he has backing, but the money will only be forthcoming when he takes over.  Not sure how that would work though.

Guest The Libertine
It wouldn't be a surprise if Moat doesn't pull out as well now that the sale has dragged on after the transfer deadline

no money, mo problems.

Guest Lets Dance

I reckon there's no 'US-based group' involved. It's probably just another scam by the dodgy bald fella.

I'm cynical about all 'interested parties' now as our club has been on the market for nearly a year now and not a sniff of a serious bidder. Why would this US based group come in for us now when the club has officially been back on the market for a couple of months? It does sound like it has been conjured up as a make-weigh to force Moat to sharpen his pencil.

If Ashley has made it up then he hasnt done a great job...a US group with tons of cash looking to make us a global brand vs Moat who at present is looking down the back of the sofa in a bid to raise more funds. Hhmm, hardly comparible parties are they?!

Guest Redheugh

Hopefully they'll make me eat my words but I reckon there's no 'US-based group' involved. It's probably just another scam by the dodgy bald fella. If anybody takes over it would be Moat and it could drag on for several more months..

How do you like your words cooked?

Why would a U.S. media based company be interested? There is no real money in football and if you want to compete you have to take on vast debt.

pwnd

The media company (quite a large one!!!!) are not the funders

Thanks for clearing that up. Ok, why would the funders be interested as it is very difficult to make money from football, albeit even PL football??

Guest Redheugh

Parky, I can't answer that. I guess the group will be asked that come the glorious day.

I know a proposed meeting was postponed last night as the club are negotiating with a player coming in.

Parky, I can't answer that. I guess the group will be asked that come the glorious day.

I know a proposed meeting was postponed last night as the club are negotiating with a player coming in.

Fair enough. Keep it coming anyway. Thanks for your responses.

Thought they were in talks with Seymore Pierce and not with the club?

Also, what about the announcement they were thinking about on Friday?

Guest Redheugh

Its moved on from SP

Guest NICK C

Like everyone on here, I would luv u to be correct redheugh, but postponing a meeting of such magnitude to bring some clogger in on loan really does not add up!

Its moved on from SP

The discussions have moved on from Seymour Pierce to the club? Surely that must be a good thing,.

Guest burtyboy

that doesnt sound right to me??

mike ashley: sorry we cant have that really important meeting tonight about taking over the entire club, because we are trying to sign a player,

us buyer: ok no bother, i will ring you tomorrow then.

mike ashley: cheers, bye.

us buyer: see ya  :facepalm: