RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I agree that too many people on here have looked upon Keegan as a God for too long, based purely on his 5 years period in the 90s when he spent just as much, if not more, than other managers around at the time. That was all history when he came back.

Whether Ashley has gone back on promises to KK or not, is immaterial in this discussion. As some once else pointed out earlier in this thread, how many other managers would have spat the dummy because he couldnt get the owner to buy him a left back? I would say, virtually none. I dont buy the argument from KK about Denis Wise involvement either. As far as I recall, KK admitted he knew Wise was going to be appointed  before he came back.

I have no doubts at all that Keegan's ego mplayed a huge part in this whole saga and the biggest mistake Ashley made was appointing a so called fans favourite who would ultimately use his popularity with the fans to try and gain the ascendancy in the club.

Lets be honest here, whereever Keegan has gone in the past, he has not been able to operate without substantial funds and it has been clear for long enough now that the financial state of the club, even before Keegan came back, has been horrendous and needed to be addressed without any further financial deterioration. Keegan wanted his slice, the club could not afford it, Keegan spat his usual dummy and now, we are paying for the consequences. I hope Ashley wins his case againast Keegan, because KK neither deserves or warrants any financial compensation for his role in this whole saga. He should be ashamed of himself. a real bloody con man, if ever I saw one. AND YOU SUPPORTERS MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

Strange that Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger both agreed with him though isn't it?

Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger aren't rumoured to have agreed to work under those conditions though.

Curbishley left for the exact same reason as well surely?

So why didn't they go down then? I thought if your manager left after 3 games there was no possible way to rescue the season and it was their fault when your inevitable relegation was confirmed?

The moment Ashley hired Keegan was the moment I realised our owner was a populist, vain moron who isn't fit to run a football club.

Why though? After the initial poor run Keegan proved he still had it with the 4-3-3 system and actually dropping the likes of Duff and Smith. Obviously it didn't work out, but based purely on the footballing side of things we were turning a corner.

Ashley hired Keegan in the hope of being liked. His mental unsoundess (for club ownership) was already evident by mingling with fans both in the ground and city clubs. He's clearly insecure.

HTL

Tripe is something they eat in Lancashire, isnt it? Not a bees dick from your Yorkshire roots mate.

Regarding your comment about me saying YOU SUPPORTERS, you seem to have replied out of context. I was referring to the money the fans pay in ticket sales, mechandise etc, which quite clearly, I am unable to do due to my location.

I would have thought even you would have been intelligent enough to work that one out....................then again, Maybe not

I think it is pretty obvious from many on here that the divine god KK is no longer thought that way by the masses. Or, are you happy that he is trying to take 10 million for a few months work out of our financially crippled club which quite probably is the paramount reason any takeover cannot be completed?

Your reply will be noted with interest

HTL

Tripe is something they eat in Lancashire, isnt it? Not a bees dick from your Yorkshire roots mate.

Regarding your comment about me saying YOU SUPPORTERS, you seem to have replied out of context. I was referring to the money the fans pay in ticket sales, mechandise etc, which quite clearly, I am unable to do due to my location.

I would have thought even you would have been intelligent enough to work that one out....................then again, Maybe not

I think it is pretty obvious from many on here that the divine god KK is no longer thought that way by the masses. Or, are you happy that he is trying to take 10 million for a few months work out of our financially crippled club which quite probably is the paramount reason any takeover cannot be completed?

Your reply will be noted with interest

I dont think anyone thinks he is a divine god, only the media use it.

I think he is a more trust worthy man then the halls, Shepherd and some fucking wankers like Ashley, Llambias and Wise.

All the above have been proven to be cunts, yet people like you still have a pop at KK

How on earth did this thread turn into a Keegan debate as well? :lol:

Because a load of Ashley supporters desperately need to try and deflect at least some of the blame for the club's current state away from their beloved leader? If it wasn't for dastardly Keegan, the way Ashley was running the club would have worked & we'd now only be a couple of years from challenging for everything don't ya know.

;)

who are these ashley supporters ? most agreed when he came in we couldn't keep going as we were financially, haven't got a clue what happened with keegan and think ashley got it totally wrong with kinnear etc.

or is it a case that some think if you have any criticism of keegan or the previous board then you must therefore think that ashley has done everything right ?

Haven't you seen them ? Where have you been man ?

There are loads of them to be seen walking up to SJP on matchdays with ASHLEY printed on the back of their shirts, they sing pro-Ashley songs during the match and wave banners with things like "Cockney Mafia In" and "Boycoutt Keegan burgers" printed on them.

During the week they organise meetings at pubs in places like Felling, Winlaton and Bamburgh trying to convince people how great Ashley is.

How on earth did this thread turn into a Keegan debate as well? :lol:

Because a load of Ashley supporters desperately need to try and deflect at least some of the blame for the club's current state away from their beloved leader? If it wasn't for dastardly Keegan, the way Ashley was running the club would have worked & we'd now only be a couple of years from challenging for everything don't ya know.

;)

who are these ashley supporters ? most agreed when he came in we couldn't keep going as we were financially, haven't got a clue what happened with keegan and think ashley got it totally wrong with kinnear etc.

or is it a case that some think if you have any criticism of keegan or the previous board then you must therefore think that ashley has done everything right ?

Sorry, I was forgetting that nowadays there never were any Ashley supporters who thought he was doing a great job. The praise for the system, the transfer policy, the lack of communication, etc were all a figment of my imagination. :blush:

I think this is one of my favourite non-Ashley supporting posts:

Mike Ashley - Newcastle's best ever chairman/owner.

Maybe not, I can't remember much before Lord Westwood but I certainly think Ashley was the best leader the club has had in that time and was the best chance we had for a stable and successful future.

Somehow though once again we've managed to totally mess it up and despite his almost universal early popularity many now regard him in the same way as the unpopular figures who headed the club before him.

He spent more money on Newcastle than anyone had ever done, he didn't look down his nose at fans as though they were something dirty he'd trod on like some previous leaders or insult us the way others (supposedly our own) did. He sat with the fans, drank with the fans and genuinely seemed to want the same as us, previous regimes would never have dreamt of being seen with the commoners.

He was a self made proven winner who presented and attempted to implement a sensible structure for Newcastle and reverse the suicidal policies of his predecessors.

Yet one of the men he appointed to help us move forward seems to be responsible for his ultimate and incredibly speedy downfall. You choose who you think that was.

I think it was Keegan to blame, but concede that most think it was someone else.

I've said since the mob started shouting for the benefit of TV viewers that we must be careful what we wish for. Whoever follows Ashley it's unlikely the real owner will ever set foot on Tyneside, they will be represented by someone and NUFC will be treat as just another asset on their books.

I think things are now too far gone for Ashley to return and try to move us forward his way, but I still think his vision and plan was our best ever chance, he WOULD have made us successful again.

I hope the new regime when it arrives will take us forward, and I will support them if they genuinely have Newcastle's interests at heart but I think we made a grave mistake when we hounded Mike Ashley out of town.

NG

When I first commented on this thread, I said that all parties involved were responsible for the situation we find ourselves in, not just KK.

I have never rated the bloke as a manager and that has been proven time and time again at whatever club/national team he has been involved in.

As endearing he may have been to the supporters, KK has never lasted the distance long enough to win anything. Granted, in the 90s, NUFC played some beautiful football but remember, KK was backed to the hilt financially. Come the time when he wasnt, out came the dummies.

I dont expect my views on him to be popular but there again, I measure success on the number of trophies won rather than the level of entertainment produced. I am sure SAF and AW and the likes would have similar viewpoints too. Therefore, KK has been the ulimate failure in that respect.

The biggest failure all along was Ashley listening to the fans and bringing him back. I said it at the time and was castigated on here for it. I see many have changed their views since.

By the way, are you another one of these people who believe KK has earned his pay ouit, if he wins his case for so called constructive dismissal?

Guest The Libertine
I have never rated the bloke as a manager and that has been proven time and time again at whatever club/national team he has been involved in.

:jesuswept:

NG

When I first commented on this thread, I said that all parties involved were responsible for the situation we find ourselves in, not just KK.

As endearing he may have been to the supporters, KK has never lasted the distance long enough to win anything. Granted, in the 90s, NUFC played some beautiful football but remember, KK was backed to the hilt financially. Come the time when he wasnt, out came the dummies.

I dont expect my views on him to be popular but there again, I measure success on the number of trophies won rather than the level of entertainment produced. I am sure SAF and AW and the likes would have similar viewpoints too. Therefore, KK has been the ulimate failure in that respect.

The biggest failure all along was Ashley listening to the fans and bringing him back. I said it at the time and was castigated on here for it. I see many have changed their views since.

By the way, are you another one of these people who believe KK has earned his pay ouit, if he wins his case for so called constructive dismissal?

I dont remember any fans saying bring back KK, I never heard anyone mention it.  It was a suprise for everyone when it was annouced.

Maybe not, I can't remember much before Lord Westwood but I certainly think Ashley was the best leader the club has had in that time and was the best chance we had for a stable and successful future.

Somehow though once again we've managed to totally mess it up and despite his almost universal early popularity many now regard him in the same way as the unpopular figures who headed the club before him.

He spent more money on Newcastle than anyone had ever done, he didn't look down his nose at fans as though they were something dirty he'd trod on like some previous leaders or insult us the way others (supposedly our own) did. He sat with the fans, drank with the fans and genuinely seemed to want the same as us, previous regimes would never have dreamt of being seen with the commoners.

He was a self made proven winner who presented and attempted to implement a sensible structure for Newcastle and reverse the suicidal policies of his predecessors.

Yet one of the men he appointed to help us move forward seems to be responsible for his ultimate and incredibly speedy downfall. You choose who you think that was.

I think it was Keegan to blame, but concede that most think it was someone else.

I've said since the mob started shouting for the benefit of TV viewers that we must be careful what we wish for. Whoever follows Ashley it's unlikely the real owner will ever set foot on Tyneside, they will be represented by someone and NUFC will be treat as just another asset on their books.

I think things are now too far gone for Ashley to return and try to move us forward his way, but I still think his vision and plan was our best ever chance, he WOULD have made us successful again.

I hope the new regime when it arrives will take us forward, and I will support them if they genuinely have Newcastle's interests at heart but I think we made a grave mistake when we hounded Mike Ashley out of town.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my.

Ashley slurper!

NG

1) If trophies a good manager makes, then can we class Bobby's time here as a success? Also is David Moyes a poor manager?

2) Ashley's biggest failure listening to the fans? As far as I can remember the Keegan scenario came completely out of the blue. The fans were not clamouring for Keegan, it wasn't even considered an option.

3) The Keegan scenario has been analysed to the nth degree. It is a far more simple situation. He came in, out of the blue, was doing a good job with the resources available and got fed up with interferance in the purchase and sale of players (by a person with no experience in that type of job). He rightly walked, any manager would have. Caving into Ashley's rediculous job description would have undermined him as a manager and delay the inevitable.

NG

I thought it was popular knowledge over there at the time that Ashley took notice of the fans wishes but noone seriously thought he would come back after 3 years out of the game. At least, that is what I have been told by many friends over there.

NG

I thought it was popular knowledge over there at the time that Ashley took notice of the fans wishes but noone seriously thought he would come back after 3 years out of the game. At least, that is what I have been told by many friends over there.

EH, it was totally out of the blue, nobody expected it.

So you basing your facts on a few words from a couple of pals back home.

Fcuk me.

Wilky

It is far to easy to make inferences such as yours in this day and age. SBR was close to achieving success. Even SAF admitted this saying if we hadnt lost Bellamy in 2003 throuigh injury, we would have won the league.

Suffice to say, the game has changed so much in the past 5 years since Abramovich bought Chelsea. Now, major money dictates who wins trophies.

Back in the 90s, it wasnt as closed shop as that and Keegan got more than his fair share of finances to buy the best.  Rememeber, we paid a world record fee for Shearer at the time. What did he win?

As for Moyes, yes, he is a good manager but his club falls into the category of second class citizens in the EPL  due to the financial backing given to the top 4 and the likes of Spurs, Man City and to a lesser degree, Aston Villa.

Wilky

It is far to easy to make inferences such as yours in this day and age. SBR was close to achieving success. Even SAF admitted this saying if we hadnt lost Bellamy in 2003 throuigh injury, we would have won the league.

Suffice to say, the game has changed so much in the past 5 years since Abramovich bought Chelsea. Now, major money dictates who wins trophies.

Back in the 90s, it wasnt as closed shop as that and Keegan got more than his fair share of finances to buy the best.  Rememeber, we paid a world record fee for Shearer at the time. What did he win?

As for Moyes, yes, he is a good manager but his club falls into the category of second class citizens in the EPL  due to the financial backing given to the top 4 and the likes of Spurs, Man City and to a lesser degree, Aston Villa.

eh?

KK was within a couple of points of winning the league with players who had NEVER won it so lacked the experience.

Man u were going for yet another title and had the experience. Hence that mega run the had towards the end of the season where cantona and Schmiechle were superb for them.

Lets say Keegan wins his case and the club has to pay him approx 8-10 million quid.  Ashley has not sold the club and is not willing to put more of his personal money into the club.  In order to balance the books we have to sell 8-10 million quids worth of players in the transfer window.  We fail to get promoted off the back of this.  Who is that bad guy there Ashley or Keegan?  For all Keegan did for this club his is a prize twat for suing us.  Leave the job fair enough but if he takes the money out of this club and hurts us further he should be shot.  Ashley for all his daft decisions has never taken money out of the club (as far as we are aware).  He is going to make a loss on his money.  The so called people we trust regularly take money away from the club.

Lets say Keegan wins his case and the club has to pay him approx 8-10 million quid.  Ashley has not sold the club and is not willing to put more of his personal money into the club.  In order to balance the books we have to sell 8-10 million quids worth of players in the transfer window.  We fail to get promoted off the back of this.  Who is that bad guy there Ashley or Keegan?  For all Keegan did for this club his is a prize t*** for suing us.  Leave the job fair enough but if he takes the money out of this club and hurts us further he should be shot.  Ashley for all his daft decisions has never taken money out of the club (as far as we are aware).  He is going to make a loss on his money.  The so called people we trust regularly take money away from the club.

If KK is proven right in court and the cub have to pay him 10 mil, then its AShley at fault again.  Seems to be a reocurring situation doesn't it.  Ashley seems to be at the centre of all the problems at the club and KK still gets the blame.

laughable.

Toondoom

Quite a good scenario and quite possible too. Speaks for itself when you also consider his soccer circus is leaking money like a sieve. Seems quite convenient for him to make a claim, no matter how undeserved it is.

What some people tend to call peoples opinions on this matter "laughable", possibly need to get rid of the blinkers.

I actually hope Ashley wins his counter claim againast Keegan and get a couple of million for the club.

NG

You know there was more to it than that. Like throwing away a 12 point lead because KK tactically didnt know how to defend and grind out results.

Anyway, my comments was relating to SBR and how close we came in 2003.

I think you'll find it was  number of factors which didn't see us past the post first.  I would say lack of experience was the main one and secondly a few of our regulars ran out of steam.

We were a hell of a lot closer to winning the league under KK then SBR and had a better team to boot.

Can you remember Alex fergusons title challenge before the prem when his Man U team blew a 12 pt lead?