RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For f*** sake man, just sell for £70m!

He's gonna get £100m back anyway due to the debt-loan he gave us...

I don't think we should sell for £70m either.

Its about status and pride as much as anything. If Ronaldo is worth more than our whole club than what does it say? One player for god sake. That's why Ashley holding out for the 100 is important for the club IMO.

:lol: Guard has slipped

So if we sell for 70 mill tomorrow, you'd be happy to know one footballer is worth more than our football club? Personally i'd hate to think that.

I'd be delighted. In fact I'd be so delighted that I'd strip down, wax my body bare, smother the words "Ronaldo is worth more than Newcastle United" in baked beans, and run the length of the country while singing Scooch - Flying the Flag over and over again.

Maybe its just me but i'd see it as a kick in the face. Like Ken Bates buying Chelsea for £1. A steal, a piss take.

Don't get me wrong, if Bill Gates or Moat took over and then invested in the team then fair enough but this club will be a steal for someone at £100m, 70 is taking the piss.

Its about status and pride as much as anything. If Ronaldo is worth more than our whole club than what does it say? One player for god sake. That's why Ashley holding out for the 100 is important for the club IMO.

So if we sell for 70 mill tomorrow, you'd be happy to know one footballer is worth more than our football club? Personally i'd hate to think that.

For fuck sake man, why do you care? Sunderland sold to Quinn for £10m! Do you think any of them care now? Peterborough United were bought for £1. Do you think their supports give a shit now?

So basically you'd rather pass up the chance to get this club back on its feet all because of the daddy's of the exclusive football monopoly league spend crazy money on one player?

I doubt you'll be saying that when we're languishing in League 1.....or have no Newcastle United left.

For f*** sake man, why do you care? Sunderland sold to Quinn for £10m! Do you think any of them care now? Peterborough United were bought for £1. Do you think their supports give a s*** now?

So basically you'd rather pass up the chance to get this club back on its feet all because of the daddy's of the exclusive football monopoly league spend crazy money on one player?

I doubt you'll be saying that when we're languishing in League 1.....or have no Newcastle United left.

There will always be a Newcastle United.

Maybe its just me but i'd see it as a kick in the face. Like Ken Bates buying Chelsea for £1. A steal, a piss take.

Don't get me wrong, if Bill Gates or Moat took over and then invested in the team then fair enough but this club will be a steal for someone at £100m, 70 is taking the piss.

Do you think they care now?

For f*** sake man, why do you care? Sunderland sold to Quinn for £10m! Do you think any of them care now? Peterborough United were bought for £1. Do you think their supports give a s*** now?

There will always be a Newcastle United.

Always a Newcastle, yes, but not always a Newcastle United.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be delighted. In fact I'd be so delighted that I'd strip down, wax my body bare, smother the words "Ronaldo is worth more than Newcastle United" in baked beans, and run the length of the country while singing Scooch - Flying the Flag over and over again.

Quoted just in case.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Are you in some sort of delayed shock or something? the day we were relegated the club's worth depreciated way down. Right now we should hope that we are sold for any price and quick.   :no: I think some people don't see tha urgency we are in now!!!! WE MUST SELL NOW!!!

Guest Vincent V

Utterly clueless, give yourself a good shake if that doesn't work take  leap off a tall building

Guest Vincent V

You clearly need a kick in the face to make you realise that it doesn't matter how much the is eventually sold for.  

Jesus, is the man for real?

When the Mackems were bought in 2006 it was for just less than 10m. The same summer we signed Albert Luque for 10m

How the Mackems must cry about this every night as they laugh their fuckin tits off at us.

The price of the club is irrelevant. Mike Ashley paying someone to take the club off his hands couldn't make us more of a laughing stock than we are right now.

Guest beardieman

I wish and hope some fucker takes the piss and quickly

Don't wanna get on your back or owt, but that's one of the most mental things I've ever, ever read.

Don't wanna get on your back or owt, but that's one of the most mental things I've ever, ever read.

Agreed.  Tonight gazza is displaying some of the dumbest logic I have ever witnessed.

Agreed. Tonight gazza is displaying some of the dumbest logic I have ever witnessed.

Tonight? You mean youve only just noticed it? :lol:

And in theory, the best case scenario would be the club getting sold for 1p to a rich buyer with good intentions who's willing to take on the debt, the losses, the wages, and all the other shite that's connected with NUFC.  Any sale for big money just benefits Mike Ashley.

God, the idea that we should not be sold for less than £100m just to keep up appearances, I give up.