RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/simon-bird/Why-Mike-Ashley-has-to-sell-up-now-to-save-Newcastle-United-article108417.html

Immerse the club in the community again. Contractually oblige players to do a couple of hours of work on Tyneside every week so they understand more than the training ground and the drive back to their houses in Darras Hall.

I think that's unfair tbh. It's my understanding that the players do loads of work in the community that goes completely unpublished in papers like the Mirror (unless one of them does something wrong while doing it of course).

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/simon-bird/Why-Mike-Ashley-has-to-sell-up-now-to-save-Newcastle-United-article108417.html

Immerse the club in the community again. Contractually oblige players to do a couple of hours of work on Tyneside every week so they understand more than the training ground and the drive back to their houses in Darras Hall.

I think that's unfair tbh. It's my understanding that the players do loads of work in the community that goes completely unpublished in papers like the Mirror (unless one of them does something wrong while doing it of course).

Boro have community work written into their contracts.

Boro have community work written into their contracts.

So does Joey Barton, it saves time later!

I'm optimistic that at least a decision of some sort will be made this week. Hopefully he'll cut his losses and Ashley will sell, but if not we need some leadership from somebody as manager. We can't just drift on with Hughton running the side, although he deserves credit for giving it his best shot.

Ashley surely can't be so short-sighted that he can't see the club becomes less valuable the longer he hangs on to it? Just take what you can MA and let the club, the fans and yourself move on.

Guest Geordiekev

I would be happy to invest that kind of money but it has to have a phiscal address and everything. Aclub like Newcastle should be run like this. Just like Real Madrid and Barcelona. Just because the club is in England it doesn't look like it is viasable idea.

Probbably a bunch of Nigerians collecting Names/Emails etc not to mention the possible muppets that may just donate lol, the who is data has been kept private by the host so may well be Moat looking for local interest to help him out lmao...  :undecided:

Guest sicko2ndbest

ASH BASHED

TROUBLED soccer boss Mike Ashley is being hauled before competition chiefs after failing to flog five of his shops.

The Newcastle United owner's SPORTS WORLD chain has been slammed for missing a deadline to off-load just some of the 31 sites it has bought from close rival JJB SPORTS in the past two years.

In May, the Office of Fair Trading ordered the billionaire to find buyers for five stores to ease competition concerns. Yesterday it said that Sports Direct had made "no significant progress in doing so".

OFT senior director of merger Amelia Fletcher said: "After careful consideration, we rejected Sports Direct's request for additional time to try to achieve a sale."

The Competition Commission will now probe the 31 deals and could force Sports Direct to give up the lot. The five shops are in Basildon, Llanelli, Newport, Isleworth and Harrogate.

The move heaps yet more pressure on Mr Ashley as Newcastle fans turn on him over the plight of the club. A deal to sell the Championship outfit to Tyneside businessman Barry Moat could be sealed this weekend.

Shares in Sports World dropped 2.25p to 88.75 yesterday

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/city/2580523/Sun-City-Market-report-All-the-latest-business-news.html

ASH BASHED

TROUBLED soccer boss Mike Ashley is being hauled before competition chiefs after failing to flog five of his shops.

The Newcastle United owner's SPORTS WORLD chain has been slammed for missing a deadline to off-load just some of the 31 sites it has bought from close rival JJB SPORTS in the past two years.

In May, the Office of Fair Trading ordered the billionaire to find buyers for five stores to ease competition concerns. Yesterday it said that Sports Direct had made "no significant progress in doing so".

OFT senior director of merger Amelia Fletcher said: "After careful consideration, we rejected Sports Direct's request for additional time to try to achieve a sale."

The Competition Commission will now probe the 31 deals and could force Sports Direct to give up the lot. The five shops are in Basildon, Llanelli, Newport, Isleworth and Harrogate.

The move heaps yet more pressure on Mr Ashley as Newcastle fans turn on him over the plight of the club. A deal to sell the Championship outfit to Tyneside businessman Barry Moat could be sealed this weekend.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/city/2580523/Sun-City-Market-report-All-the-latest-business-news.html

Fuck me, he can't sell 5 shops, we're doomed :kinnear:

Guest Geordiekev

ASH BASHED

f*** me, he can't sell 5 shops, we're doomed :kinnear:

Kind of says he has failed to even try to offload them.... sound familiar..

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have it on good authority (ITK) that the press will run the following stories this week

- Mike Ashley is not selling and is going to give it another year

- Mike Ashley is on the verge of selling the club

Guest neesy111

honestly the guy is fucking clueless in business

how on earth he built a shopping chain like he has is beyond me, it tell's there ain't a god out there

I have it on good authority (ITK) that the press will run the following stories this week

- Mike Ashley is not selling and is going to give it another year

- Mike Ashley is on the verge of selling the club

Wow, you really are ITK. :celb:

Guest Geordiekev

honestly the guy is f***ing clueless in business

how on earth he built a shopping chain like he has is beyond me, it tell's there ain't a god out there

His shops are ran like a bargain basement, the staff can't be arsed and are paid minimum wage to wander about looking dumstruck when approached, the only decent trainers they offer are usually some obscure size like a size 14 that only fecking Garth would fit into..

Other than the cheap/low wages he pays the staff in his sports chain the place is ran pretty much like our club.......................... but should he continue to flog our players then our club will be ran exactly like his shops..

Ashleys stores are ran by Chavs for Chavs...