RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What gets me is if Seymour Pierce have recommended Barry Moat to Ashley as a viable owner how is it Moat is going to banks begging for money ffs i thought any bidder had to prove they had the funds to purchase the club and finance it as a going concern ,totally shocked by this if its true so can anyone educate us on this  :rant:

Er, probably isn't going to them begging for money.

But can you explain the previous mutterings from Seymour pierce about  about proving you had the funds etc

Guest Roger Kint

What gets me is if Seymour Pierce have recommended Barry Moat to Ashley as a viable owner how is it Moat is going to banks begging for money ffs i thought any bidder had to prove they had the funds to purchase the club and finance it as a going concern ,totally shocked by this if its true so can anyone educate us on this  :rant:

But can you explain the previous mutterings from Seymour pierce about  about proving you had the funds etc

Well seeing as how half the first team squad has disappeared since he started did you stop to think how he could afford all the new signings he would need which he wouldnt have accounted for?

What gets me is if Seymour Pierce have recommended Barry Moat to Ashley as a viable owner how is it Moat is going to banks begging for money ffs i thought any bidder had to prove they had the funds to purchase the club and finance it as a going concern ,totally shocked by this if its true so can anyone educate us on this :rant:

But can you explain the previous mutterings from Seymour pierce about about proving you had the funds etc

He must have proven funds to get this far. The Barclays stuff is presumably related to this overdraft the club is running.

Well seeing as how half the first team squad has disappeared since he started did you stop to think how he could afford all the new signings he would need which he wouldnt have accounted for?

You have the wrong end of the stick dear boy how has selling players got anything to do with buying the club ,selling the players would make the club a better proposition to buy with the high earners off an money from transfers paying off the overdraft and outgoings in wages dropping which has got nothing to do with proving you had the finances to buy the club ,so how can Seymour Pierce recommend Moat if thats the case.

I find it strange that people still seem to believe it's 'mega rich trillionaire or nothing'. If some Arab wanted us as a plaything it would have happened months ago. We're now down to the bare bones, whoever buys us isn't going to be able to throw £30m of their own cash at the club each transfer window. Run correctly though it can (and will) generate decent funds of its own accord, you only have to look at Shepherd's tenure to see that. And yes, I know he overdid it in the end.

I've absolutely no idea whether Moat will be any good for this club, but give me local committed owner with previous and vested interest in the club over fucker who couldn't give a shit any day of the week.

Guest Roger Kint

You have the wrong end of the stick dear boy how has selling players got anything to do with buying the club ,selling the players would make the club a better proposition to buy with the high earners off an money from transfers paying off the overdraft and outgoings in wages dropping which has got nothing to do with proving you had the finances to buy the club ,so how can Seymour Pierce recommend Moat if thats the case.

Well Mr Pretentious if he has proven he can afford the club as it was and now he needs an addition £20m to actually spend on top then its quite plausible. The money which has reduced ASHLEYS overdraft doesnt necessarily mean MOAT will be automatically handed the same sized overdraft. He would have to negotiate his own extension surely. Either way the goalposts have moved since he originally bid.

I find it strange that people still seem to believe it's 'mega rich trillionaire or nothing'. If some Arab wanted us as a plaything it would have happened months ago. We're now down to the bare bones, whoever buys us isn't going to be able to throw £30m of their own cash at the club each transfer window. Run correctly though it can (and will) generate decent funds of its own accord, you only have to look at Shepherd's tenure to see that. And yes, I realise he overdid it in the end.

I've absolutely no idea whether Moat will be any good for this club, but give me local committed owner with previous and vested interest in the club over fucker who couldn't give a s*** any day of the week.

You are right on all counts and a good manager will make a hell of a difference too and one day we can give the top teams a run for there money  :celb: god cannot believe i just typed that but i am an eternal optimist me

Well Mr Pretentious if he has proven he can afford the club as it was and now he needs an addition £20m to actually spend on top then its quite plausible. The money which has reduced ASHLEYS overdraft doesnt necessarily mean MOAT will be automatically handed the same sized overdraft. He would have to negotiate his own extension surely. Either way the goalposts have moved since he originally bid.

I am not being cocky Mr Smartarse ffs why do people like you have to start getting digs in at a perfectly reasonable question in the first place ,wind your neck in .

Guest Roger Kint

I am not being cocky Mr Smartarse ffs why do people like you have to start getting digs in at a perfectly reasonable question in the first place ,wind your neck in .

People like me getting digs in? I responded to you calling me dear boy.........nothing more :idiot2:

The other end of the stick is that Moat has barely got the cash to buy the club, let alone buy the players needed to replace the ones who've gone and give us a cat in hell's chance of promotion - and the potential for promotion is the only thing which makes Newcastle a viable proposition.

The other end of the stick is that Moat has barely got the cash to buy the club, let alone buy the players needed to replace the ones who've gone and give us a cat in hell's chance of promotion - and the potential for promotion is the only thing which makes Newcastle a viable proposition.

thankyou some sanity in a reply and thats what i was getting at his being able to run the club not just buy it.

Guest Roger Kint

So is "dear boy" a Dig ffs grow up  :undecided:

Haha brilliant yet you claim i had a dig at you? You throw your toys at me then play the victim. Yeah ok why dont we both grow up and get back on topic eh? I offered a reasonable possibility as to what was being discussed, i dont care whether you agree or not. Its called a discussion board, if you arent capable of accepting a different opinion you really shouldnt use them. Its only the internet FFS

Haha brilliant yet you claim i had a dig at you? You throw your toys at me then play the victim. Yeah ok why dont we both grow up and get back on topic eh? I offered a reasonable possibility as to what was being discussed, i dont care whether you agree or not. Its called a discussion board, if you arent capable of accepting a different opinion you really shouldnt use them. Its only the internet FFS

:gayfight: whatever but it was a reasonable question firstly about what had been stated by Seymour Pierce proving you had the funding and backing to run the club .

Guest Roger Kint

:gayfight: whatever but it was a reasonable question firstly about what had been stated by Seymour Pierce proving you had the funding and backing to run the club .

My suggestion was just as reasonable though. A lot has changed since he first bid.

Source?

Source?

Probably an assumption and a fair one at that tbh he doesnt sound like he is rolling in it .

Guest sicko2ndbest

How many times: The Glazers didnt have the money to buy Man u, same as the yanks at Liverpool. He shouldnt be putting all his own fortune in for his mental stability.

Every club has debt

Source?

Probably an assumption and a fair one at that tbh he doesnt sound like he is rolling in it .

On his own Moat doesn't have anywhere near the asking price for the club.

It all depends on how much cash Ashley wants up front and how much Moat has been able to raise from other sources like the consortium he's supposed to be heading.

How many times: The Glazers didnt have the money to buy Man u, same as the yanks at Liverpool. He shouldnt be putting all his own fortune in for his mental stability.

Every club has debt

Yes but at the same time if he has other backers what is the problem with proving to the banks that they have the right credentials and thats not a dig like Roger Kint jumped on ,i dont pretend to be a financial whizz kid but if this had been a Malasian consortium being asked the same questions do you honestly think this would have been pointed out earlier or is it rose tinted glasses cos Moat is a geordie .Dont get me wrong i would love Moat take control and install Shearer as manager so we can rebuild and emerge like a phoenix from the ashes .

Guest sicko2ndbest

For me Moat is the best we could have hoped for

He has a personal, emotional attachment to the club and someone the fans will be able to trust. Should things go well i have no doubt he will search for further investment. I much prefer him to some consortium from the other side of the world.

For me Moat is the best we could have hoped for

He has a personal, emotional attachment to the club and someone the fans will be able to trust. Should things go well i have no doubt he will search for further investment. I much prefer him to some consortium from the other side of the world.

Couldnt agree more it is the best we can hope for and hope it comes off and this nightmare will end

Moat may not be able to splash millions on improving the squad, but i'd rather have someone with the clubs best interests at heart working on a limited budget than the current clowns.

If we have to make do with loanees and people on the cheap, i can accept that, so long as i'm sure he's doing his best for the club in the long term.