How bad will it get?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not really Ian I've seen us relegated 3 times and this current bunch is a shower of shit compared to the other two times.

Each time we have spent a good few seasons outside the top division so there is nothing to suggest we will bounce straight back or even not drop down a further division.

It's not what I hope for it's just the way I see it playing out. :(

I take that and raise you an administration and -12 points.

At least 5 seasons outside the Premier League with possibly one or two seasons in the old third division

Whoa mate, that is ridiculously pessimistic... chin up fella.

No, 2Sheds is right - look back at history ; relegated 1978, not back up until 1984...relegated again 1989,didn't return until 1993 AND we had a far better squad when KK took over in 92 than we do now..

What puts all this into perspective is that Everton DOUBLED NUFC's turnover in the figures released today -

even Fulham and Wigan did better than NUFC....a sobering lesson for those still claiming that NUFC are 'a big club'.. we finished TWELFTH in Prem t/over....

I  think those numbers were based on TV and prize income, which is dependent mainly on where you finish, with a few extra quid if you get shown repeatedly.

Sorry if already posted but christ on a bike, they never fail to amaze me.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_f6af789f50f14ec681c315830bb2d97d/adobe-px-assets/9284050d8ec3482b8aebf75461f593b5

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/SAFC-joker-signs-Shearer-for.5318567.jp

Surely if it bothers you so much you don't go spreading it around the net?

Bother me? Not in the slightest. I'm more than happy to showcase the effort they go to in pluming new depths. :lol: :thup:

Guest Ebolarama

Sorry if already posted but christ on a bike, they never fail to amaze me.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_f6af789f50f14ec681c315830bb2d97d/adobe-px-assets/9284050d8ec3482b8aebf75461f593b5

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/SAFC-joker-signs-Shearer-for.5318567.jp

That was pretty funny, and quite well done technically. Lighten up and ignore it if it makes you cough up blood, champ. Chin up.

I really don't think it is witty at all. I don't have a problem with other supporters having a pop, TBH I would do the same in their shoes if it were a team I disliked that had been through the shit we have. But this really is a bbit lame, what exactly is the joke here, Basically our players are being sold for one pound, tbh that one pound more than most are worth.

Lame as fuck IYAM.

How bad can things get? With Fatty panicking and attempting to flog the club rather than invest, then probably changing his mind and putting the price up if anyone shows any interest, I think things are likely to get worse before they get better. The only thing Blubber Boy seems to excel at is dithering until it's too late and he's doing a grand job once again :thup:

How bad can things get? With Fatty panicking and attempting to flog the club rather than invest, then probably changing his mind and putting the price up if anyone shows any interest, I think things are likely to get worse before they get better. The only thing Blubber Boy seems to excel at is dithering until it's too late and he's doing a grand job once again :thup:

Spot on Tron, Dithering is what is costing us and has cost us big time. Ashley is probably the stupidest twat I have ever heard of in my life, and that includes Kaka and James !

I'm inclined not to take an over-optimistic stand in our future based on our track-record in the past few seasons.

Furthermore, it appears that there are many unresolved issues starting with: -

• Will there be a transfer of ownership?
  • Who will be our new owner?
  • What is his underlying intention and plans for the club?
  • What is his character like?
  • Who will be our manager? (Will he be suitable for the role?)
  • Which players will be staying with the club and which players will be leaving?
  • How much will next season's transfer budget be?
  • Who will be a realistic target?
  • etc.

I would say that the time isn't exactly on our side either.

1st of July 2009:

NUFC still owned by Ashley, no definite interest on the horizon.

A number of our most saleable playing assets flogged, no replacements bought.

Still no manager.

What's left of the playing staff assemble for pre match training and are greeted by Chris Hughton.

That's as bad as it could get, and the way things are going, it probably will happen.

Total meltdown should be one of the options.

1st of July 2009:

Still no manager.

What's left of the playing staff assemble for pre match training and are greeted by Chris Hughton.

That's as bad as it could get, and the way things are going, it probably will happen.

This, and that slimy t**t Llambias explaining that no one wants to buy us (not at 200 million you c**t) and that Mike has changed his mind (once the transfer window has closed).

So we are left with a raft of sales, no purchases and no manager (or Kinnear back).

Does Llambias leave in an armoured car nowadays? Or has he already high tailed it down the smoke?

1st of July 2009:

Still no manager.

This, and that slimy t**t Llambias explaining that no one wants to buy us (not at 200 million you c**t) and that Mike has changed his mind (once the transfer window has closed).

So we are left with a raft of sales, no purchases and no manager (or Kinnear back).

Does Llambias leave in an armoured car nowadays? Or has he already high tailed it down the smoke?

Ah have not thought of that.

If no sale, we just might see him have another stab - which i agree will be definetly after the transfer window :'(

1st of July 2009:

Still no manager.

Unfortunately if I was a betting man I would put money on this not being far from the truth.

every day just gets worse and worse and worse. and i think its obvious now that ashley's doing it on purpose....which is pathetic. he's the first person i've ever hated. relegation was punishment enough but apparantly he's not done yet. somebody help us!!!

First players to be sold by the end of the week:

Habib Beye and Bassong, followed by Enrique, Martins, Taylor and Jonas.

Owen, Viduka, lovenkrands are released, Guthrie, Nolan, Smith, Geremi, Butt, Barton, duff all leave for nominal fees and Collocini is loaned out with a view to a 2m deal.

Shearer walks away.

The Club re-appoints Joe Kinnear to "steady the ship" until the new ownership is completed, followed by Kinnear hinting at a return of club idol shearer under new owners imminently.

We sign Nicky Barmby, ugo ehiogu, danny shittu and Gary Speed. Robbie Earle, mick harford and Dean Holdsworth make a suprise appearance at the first day of pre-season training, they are announced as our new assitant manager and first team coaches. Kinnear says he is in great health, the team is in great spirits and he wants the job full time, if Shearer doesnt return.

Shearer takes a job with Southampton, who invest 20m in their league two club under new ownership.

August rolls on and Ashley takes the club off the market and reiterates his desire to make things right. We sign Craig Beattie for 5m on a last day scramble before the window closes.

The press claim Shearer will finally take over and have a war chest in January of 40m.

Ashley makes a statement saying mistakes were made, we should have bid for James Beattie.

Shearer remains unbeaten through to christmas, we draw 12 games and lose 5, Languishing in the relegation zone in the championship Kinnear leaves his post for health reasons.

Bill Murray is said to be a huge fan of the club and with the backing of big American investors will bid to takeover the club - Daily Star

Next week Bob Murray is announced to have bid for majority shares in the club, ashley sells up but remains on the board. Murray appoints Peter Reid assisted by Don Hutchinson, Harford and Holdsworth remain on.

We sign kevin phillips and win all of our remaining games under Peter Reid, excepting our FA cup spanking by Southampton, who shock us at home 6-0, on the up side we sneak into the playoffs and win promotion.

Our season 2010/11 home shirt is revealed as red and white stripes...

It can get worse.