ESPN UK wins Premier League TV rights - Free on Virgin Media's Top package.

Interpolic

The Irish broadcaster Setanta Sports has gone into administration after failing to make a number of payments to sporting organisations.

The administrator Deloitte said that it would shortly cease broadcasting to customers in Great Britain but would continue to operate elsewhere.

They said they would immediately stop collecting subscription payments.

Two hundred employees involved with the British operations have been made redundant.

So ESPN... what packages do you get them on? Think that's what everyone wants to know.

Read Chez's post, they've come to an agreement with Sky for a new channel, and are negotiating with other UK platform providers, who would be Virgin, BT, and Top-Up TV.

So ESPN... what packages do you get them on? Think that's what everyone wants to know.

Read Chez's post, they've come to an agreement with Sky for a new channel, and are negotiating with other UK platform providers, who would be Virgin, BT, and Top-Up TV.

Ah, right. Hope to fuck Virgin get it on their XL package...

Guest geoffasenna

so happy hated setanta from the start, shit studio and coms and most of all steve mcmananan, and there arseholes when it came to cancelling it

Ah, right. Hope to f*** Virgin get it on their XL package...

Isn't it already on, I've got a few ESPN channels.

Only have ESPN America atm and it says I aren't subscribed anyway.

Yeah that was the one I was thinking of. But isn't there the package with the other name you get with Setanta ? NASN

I can't even see any channels called that.

Quite liked lazy Sunday afternoons watching foreign football, plus we got it Free.

Doubt I'll be paying to get ESPN.

Hopefully they'll put it on a different transponder to ESPN Classic, which works for about 20secs on my set then breaks up.

Not that I give a fuck until next year at least...

Setanta Sports News to shut down tonight

Tuesday, June 23 2009, 16:47 BST

By James Welsh

Setanta Sports News will cease broadcasting at 6pm, it has been confirmed.

The channel, which is produced by ITN, was a joint venture between Setanta Sports and Virgin Media.

56 editorial and production jobs jobs were created at ITN's Gray's Inn Road headquarters when the channel launched in 2007. Setanta and Virgin Media started the joint venture to fill the gap in Virgin Media's channel lineup left by the departure of Sky Sports News in the now-resolved Sky Basics dispute.

200 jobs have been lost across Setanta's British operations as a result of today's collapse.

Definitely a case of running before they could walk anyway. All these different rights they bought and channels they launched when the core element of their business was never good enough or popular enough.

They should have concentrated on getting the Premier League coverage and their customer service spot on then perhaps more subscribers would have stuck with them. As it was, the service was an expensive pile of shit that was virtually impossible to get rid of.

Guest Phil K

Couldn't happen to a nicer or more competent channel...

I was all for Sky having a bit of competition but they've made a right pig's ear of it from start to finish.

Correct.

Badly done with utter pillocks at the helm from the start, and they got steadily worse !