The England Thread

Pilko

Are there any Watford or ex-Watford players you actually rate? :dontknow:

How's Lloyd doing? Why is he not in the England squad? A pertinent question, I feel.

Ross Jenkins looks alreet.

He hasn't played for us for ages. Loach is alright, really isn't particularly special, a lot of fans want us to try and sell him in January for as much as we can get for him (as he makes far too many mistakes relative to his 'reputation'). I like our players generally, but one of our current squad being in the England squad (albeit as a last minute replacement, having been staying at the same hotel/whatever) is lulzy.

How the fuck Johnson doesn't start is beyond me! It should be him and Downing on the flanks, for me.Downing has been great past couple of games. His crosses last week were fucking terrific!!!

Christ, Downing's 26 already. But yes, he's been in form recently so should be given a chance.

Downing on the left, Johnson on the right. Sounds like a no-brainer to me like. Downing providing crosses for Andy from the left, Johnson skill, technique and a goal threat from the right.

Or, I suppose we could go with Walcott giving us pace and no end product on the right and Milner giving us graft on the left :dontknow:

Downing on the left, Johnson on the right. Sounds like a no-brainer to me like. Downing providing crosses for Andy from the left, Johnson skill, technique and a goal threat from the right.

Or, I suppose we could go with Walcott giving us pace and no end product on the right and Milner giving us graft on the left :dontknow:

Aye, even though I've been calling for Johnson on the left. I reckon you're right there.

It would be interesting to see a list of players who pull out of England friendlies, yet are fine to play in the games before and after the internationals.

Ryan Giggs is famous for it, Carrick had a big fuss made about him this summer when he pulled out of a squad then played in the charity shield, and this week we've got Ashley Cole and Joe Hart at it.

Personally i think players that do this are a fvcking disgrace and it's time to start banning them if they can't be bothered to play for their country. While us Newcastle fans might not be happy about Carroll risking his fitness, he's at least showing the right attitude in wanting to play.

It would be interesting to see a list of players who pull out of England friendlies, yet are fine to play in the games before and after the internationals.

Ryan Giggs is famous for it, Carrick had a big fuss made about him this summer when he pulled out of a squad then played in the charity shield, and this week we've got Ashley Cole and Joe Hart at it.

Personally i think players that do this are a fvcking disgrace and it's time to start banning them if they can't be bothered to play for their country. While us Newcastle fans might not be happy about Carroll risking his fitness, he's at least showing the right attitude in wanting to play.

I think it's probably the clubs that put pressure on the players to pull out. Now Alex and Terry are out, Cole is arguably Chelsea's most important player.

First time in ages I'm interested in an England match. Think its purely down to it having fresh faces, and one or two from the North-East. If only they'd move away from Wembley!

This. I know i have gone about it before but it realy gets on my nerves that stadiums around the country don't get to take turns. Though it does give our world cup hopes a boost so we may get to see someteams at st james' and SOL id we win the bid.

I think it's probably the clubs that put pressure on the players to pull out. Now Alex and Terry are out, Cole is arguably Chelsea's most important player.

This is actually a good point. Talk of banning Cole is madness, basically. He's been England's best player for almost a decade now.

Honestly, i can't stand these ridiculous friendlies. Have a couple in the summer each year and absolute no more than that. I completely understand why players pull out.

Agreed i don't understand why we have to break up the season it is just annoying and atleast if players got injured they would have the summer to regain fitness.

It's just so annoying to see the same players treating England games like an unnecessary chore time and again rather than an honour. They seem to think that since they have established their place in the team they don't need to turn up for friendlies. Ultimately it would be up to Capello to enforce it and i'm sure they would think twice about feigning an injury only to miraculously recover by the weekend if they knew they wouldn't play in the next qualifier

Honestly, i can't stand these ridiculous friendlies. Have a couple in the summer each year and absolute no more than that. I completely understand why players pull out.

Agreed i don't understand why we have to break up the season it is just annoying and atleast if players got injured they would have the summer to regain fitness.

They don't even make sense. It's not like national teams are gaining anything from playing one meaningless game in the middle of a clustered club schedule.

Even funnier is the biggest arguments for shortening a season is so players get more time before Euro Championships/World Cups. If they cut out the meaningless friendlies, that would give a few weeks spare in itself.

Would be somewhat happier with:

Foster

Richards (is he injured?)

Ferdinand

Jags

Gibbs

Johnson

Barry (no-one else :dave:)

Henderson

Downing

Gerrard

Carroll

Not sure what he's going to get out of playing PJ at right back.