The England Thread

Pilko

Defoe will be there this time.

Agbonlahor and Darren Bent are both excellent options, especially the former. Crouch, Rooney and Heskey are all better players now.

Forgot about Defoe.  :doh: Still think Bent is overrated, he's got a cheek complaining he's not in the squad.

well id be pissed off if i was not in the squad and i was scoring regularly while someone who ain't even starting for his club and scores once in a blue moon is ahead of me, wouldnt you?

Scoring regularly is a bit of an overstatement, should we just pick every English player who scores the most in between international breaks?  Bent is on a good scoring run at the moment but he's not a top striker.

Mark Bright blaming Robert Green :lol:

and Rio's "lack of match practice". :lol:

It's because he's fucking shit now - an experienced international defender doesn't make schoolboy errors like that because of a lack of match practice.

Agbonlahor and Darren Bent are both excellent options, especially the former. Crouch, Rooney and Heskey are all better players now.

Forgot about Defoe.  :doh: Still think Bent is overrated, he's got a cheek complaining he's not in the squad.

well id be pissed off if i was not in the squad and i was scoring regularly while someone who ain't even starting for his club and scores once in a blue moon is ahead of me, wouldnt you?

Scoring regularly is a bit of an overstatement, should we just pick every English player who scores the most in between international breaks?  Bent is on a good scoring run at the moment but he's not a top striker.

Check his record.. he is a 1 goal in 2 games striker his entire career.  Show me someone in the England squad who betters his.

Lampard again proving that when England need something from him to change a game, he's sadly lacking at this level.  Flat track bully if ever there was one.

He's struggled very badly in the last few England games like, what complete nonsense

Glen Johnson only works when there's a tireless, diligent winger in front of him (Kuyt, anyone?). Essentially, he should be a right winger, I've seen better defending at full back at some of the N-O matches.

Glen Johnson! :mackems:

Brilliant isn't he?  Reminds me of Dyer as a wing back, brilliant at getting forward, produces from that position against poor sides, but is s**** at defending.

Liverpool probably paid treble his value in the summer. :nods:

and has been one of their best players.

Guest Roger Kint

Looked England's best attacking player today.

I f***ing hate Mark Bright.

It burns in my throat but Beckham is his perfect foil in that case, many a year ago

Unfortunately i prefer footballers so Johnson would have to have lennon for full games, the only one who really has the engine to do it

Defoe should have been there under fucking Sven, except he chose to take someone he didn't trust to come on when Owen went off injured. Speaking of which, Owen was a lot better back then than he was now. Rio was arguably the best defender in the world back then (def was 12months ago imo) but his injuries have seemingly been catching up with him - this isn't based on today as I haven't seen any of the game. For Sven to claim the squad is better now is an utter joke.

Speaking as an old git, I'd say how great it feels that we've qualified with two games still to go. I can't remember that happening before. I wouldn't worry too much about the game tonight.

This is the best England side for a long, long time, with a genuine chance of winning the World Cup.

Guest Heneage

Foster called up. Why not Harper?

Because Foster's better.

Better shot stopper but more erratic, take the Tevez moment for example.

Foster called up. Why not Harper?

Because Foster's better.

Better shot stopper but more erratic, take the Tevez moment for example.

Made a few more blunders this season but under more pressure. I'd be more comfortable with him in nets than Harper for England who isn't decisive enough to cope with international football. He's decent, but he'd be a disaster waiting to happen at that level.