The England Thread

Pilko

I hate the Crouch wankfest. Any average Premiership striker could score goals for England against the opposition he has in the past.

Yep, even Owen managed it

He also managed it against the top countries. (Germany, Argentina, Brazil...)

Aye. Barring '98 in a couple of games he was normally absolutely horrific for England in the major tournaments. (I am aware his goal against Brazil was in the quarter final of the World Cup)

Said it before on here, but it's ignored. His reputation is an absolute f***ing sham.

Nowhere near as bad as Beckham has been in the majors. Utterly, utterly wank in each tournament.

Beckham was an utter disgrace at Euro 2004 during the whole thing. Too often overlooked. Hated him in that tournament. Cost us goals by fucking up and by not bothering defending.

Aye. Barring '98 in a couple of games he was normally absolutely horrific for England in the major tournaments. (I am aware his goal against Brazil was in the quarter final of the World Cup)

Said it before on here, but it's ignored. His reputation is an absolute f***ing sham.

I recall this discussion on here before. But my personal feeling is that he was very decent at E2000 and WC2002 and scoring, then really poor at E2004 and WC2006 and not scoring!

I hate the Crouch wankfest. Any average Premiership striker could score goals for England against the opposition he has in the past.

:lol:

Give over man. Top class player until we signed him.

A good goalscorer, never a top class player in a million years post 2002

4 goals in 3 major tournaments following 1998 isnt that disasterous tbh considering how the rest of our side played.

Or how anyone else has done for us in that time either.

He actually tended to score against the better sides in major tournaments.

4 goals in 3 major tournaments following 1998 isnt that disasterous tbh considering how the rest of our side played.

Or how anyone else has done for us in that time either.

He actually tended to score against the better sides in major tournaments.

stop it, please. And it's 4 tournaments tbh  O0

Hardly crap in all of them. 2002 he was top scorer. Euro 2000 shearer got the most with 2, 1 more than owen.

2004 scored against portugal what would have been a winner if theyd not scored 7 mins from time.

Talk about pointlessly biased. If owens been crap, the entire England squad has been far worse. So pointless to focus much at him.

And completely s*** in all of them. But hey, 7 years past his prime lets stick him in there, for a laugh.

I remember before Euro '96 the media were trying to push Les Ferdinand forward to replace Shearer who hadn't scored in yonks for England. He went on to take the tournament by storm.