The England Thread

Pilko

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy

Rio Ferdinand's representative Jamie Moralee accuses Hodgson of "a total lack of respect" (via @sistoney67)

6:53 PM - 3 Jun 12

Dries Mertens ‏@dries_mertens14

I sincerely apologize for the harm I've cost to Cahill. When in the heat of the moment, you often don't think about the consequences...

...My thoughts go out to him and I hope he recovers well!

Ferdinand's agent Moralee to Press Assoc: "Lampard, Terry, Barry, Gerrard; all ageing but they go to the tournament. Why is Rio different?"

6:55 PM - 3 Jun 12

I sincerely apologize for the harm I've cost to Cahill. When in the heat of the moment, you often don't think about the consequences...

...My thoughts go out to him and I hope he recovers well!

Daft twat.

Ferdinand's agent Moralee to Press Assoc: "Lampard, Terry, Barry, Gerrard; all ageing but they go to the tournament. Why is Rio different?"

It's 'cause he's black, innit? :dowie:

It's farcical like, especially how thin we are at the back. Rio should have been called up, tough to bring him in after everything, but not doing so, and calling up some rookie shows his initial cull was nothing 'to do with football' as made out by Woy and the FA.

While its completely unecessary and ill-timed he's got a point.... theres no footballing reason for those players to go and Ferdinand not to....

Anyway its clearly to do with Terry and Rio getting along and he chose Terry.

Such idiocy. It is not a maths equation. All four players are more effective and consistent in their position than Ferdinand is in his own. Rio's career at the top level is rapidly ending and he should plan accordingly. England's best centreback now and into the future is Cahill, imo.

Such idiocy. It is not a maths equation. All four players are more effective and consistent in their position than Ferdinand is in his own. Rio's career at the top level is rapidly ending and he should plan accordingly. England's best centreback now and into the future is Cahill, imo.

Grim.

Rio was more consistent and effective than Terry last season.

and Gerrard.

Guest gggg

I find it hard to understand you all supporting this brand of football. England should be a world-beater like Spain. Exciting the nation with technical, attacking, passing football.

We're doing it precisely because we can't do that, not the other way round.

If you've got skilful technical players coming out of your ears - play passing football

If you've got a team of technical poor grafters - trying to play attacking possession football is a bloody stupid

Well it is a maths equation because Woy questioned Rio's capacity to play 3 games in a week and i dont agree Gerrard and Terry are more consistent and effective.

Also if Cahill is our best CB we have serious problems :lol: i rate Lescott among others a lot higher.

and Gerrard.

And Lampard for half a season.

Ferdinand’s representative and long-standing friend Jamie Moralee tonight said: "Lampard, Terry, Barry, Gerrard; all ageing but they go to the tournament.

"Why is Rio different?

"To treat a player that has captained and served his country 81 times (in this manner) is nothing short of disgraceful. Total lack of respect from Hodgson and the FA as far as I am concerned."

Grim.

Makes me think of that episode of Father Ted where they hibernate in boxes because they've blew all the money for heating the house during winter.

I want to climb in a box and sleep until we develop the next generation of players.