The England Thread

Pilko

I feel the Chelsea (English) beating Bayern (German) on penalties has broken the doors open for us to win the tournament.

Not sure how considering Ashley Cole will be the only that scored in that final that will be at the tournament.

Lahm, Gómez & Neuer all scored for Bayern & will be with Germany. Not sure Bastian will be taking a pen though!

Guest Shaun

France - L

Sweden - D

Ukraine - W

That's how I see it playing out.

Textbook predictions.

We lose to the team that should be the toughest match in our group

We draw with mid team

We beat the shittest team.

Out on limb that line of thinking bud!

France - W

Sweden - D

Ukraine - L

Is that better, Bud?

France - L

Sweden - D

Ukraine - W

Textbook predictions.

We lose to the team that should be the toughest match in our group

We draw with mid team

We beat the shittest team.

Out on limb that line of thinking bud!

France - W

Sweden - D

Ukraine - L

Is that better, Bud?

Aye!!!

I feel the Chelsea (English) beating Bayern (German) on penalties has broken the doors open for us to win the tournament.

Not sure how considering Ashley Cole will be the only that scored in that final that will be at the tournament.

Lahm, Gómez & Neuer all scored for Bayern & will be with Germany. Not sure Bastian will be taking a pen though!

Meant for England mate  O0

Meant for England mate  O0

I know, I was highlighting that Bayern may of lost on pens but only 1 pen was missed by a German.

As awfully pessimistic as it is, I feel that even if we do qualify from our group (which most likely wont be via 1st spot) we'll be eliminated in the Quarter-Finals. Chances are Spain will await runners-up spot from England's group.

France - L

Sweden - D

Ukraine - W

You can get odds of about 18/1 for that, I placed the exact same results as an accumulator yesterday.

Uruguay 2nd. :lol: :lol:

4th in the World Cup, Champions of South America and unbeaten in 17 matches.

They're there on merit.

In these rankings, perhaps. But these rankings are preposterous. They're a form guide, essentially.

How else are the rankings to be calculated other than on results? They finished 4th in the World Cup, won the 2nd hardest continental tournament without defeat (arguably not far behind the Euros) and have generally been very consistent recently. If they win their game in hand at home to Peru they will also top South American qualifying (also without defeat so far).

The only team that deserves to be ahead of them on the rankings is Spain and they are.