The England Thread

Pilko

But I've never rated Rio so my judgment is probably tainted.

Crazy.

No, opinion. Rio , in MY opinion, has always been vastly over rated, even when he was at West Ham. He was the second best centre half at Leeds, and without Vidic bailing him out time and time again has often looked distinctly mediocre at Man United

Crazy is how I'd describe your mantra that everyone should agree with you.

Crazy.

No, opinion. Rio , in MY opinion, has always been vastly over rated, even when he was at West Ham. He was the second best centre half at Leeds, and without Vidic bailing him out time and time again has often looked distinctly mediocre at Man United

Crazy is how I'd describe your mantra that everyone should agree with you.

Completely agree. Rio has never been as good as people/media have made out in my eyes.

Proceedings opened against English FA

Published: Sunday 17 June 2012, 12.15CET

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against the Football Association of England for the inappropriate conduct of their fans at the Group D match with Sweden.

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against the Football Association of England (FA) for the inappropriate behaviour of their supporters – attempted invasion of the field of play – at the UEFA EURO 2012 Group D match against Sweden in Kyiv on Friday.

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body will deal with the case on Wednesday 20 June.

Click Here

Heard about it on the radio commentary at the time.  They were saying some English fans had come over the barrier- not sure if it was when England had scored.  They said it was good-natured but that they needed to get back on the other side quickly.  I never heard it mentioned again so I assume it was over pretty quickly.

Following a defensive, well drilled, counter-attacking performance against France and a sloppy, fortunate, game of two halves against Sweden it's difficult to gauge just how this England side are going to progress. I think they'll have too much quality for Ukraine but any of the three that can progress from Group C may be a step too far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18440947

Who would listen to this?  :lol: So poor.

Lasted until Carroll scored. The fat cunt wasn't even watching then was more bothered about pressing buttons. Fucking awful.

It gets worse. I lasted until the Sweden equaliser, so slightly longer. I was treated to "GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL", "Who scored that?" and a "Boing" sound effect when Zlatan's free kick hits the wall. I'm so full of rage right now.

From the coverage I was watching, it didn't look like more than 20 or 30 lads, who hopped over the barrier, didn't move out of the area just beyond the barrier, and danced about happily, trying to shrug off the attempts of stewards to move them on.

From the coverage I was watching, it didn't look like more than 20 or 30 lads, who hopped over the barrier, didn't move out of the area just beyond the barrier, and danced about happily, trying to shrug off the attempts of stewards to move them on.

fucking scum. Worse than racism.

Misread at first. Thought everyone was having a massive go at David Moyes :lol:

I reckon Moyes is funnier as well. His to-the-point harshness in certain interviews is great. Moyles' pinnacle of humour is making a "boing" noise when Ibra hit the free kick into the wall.

Crazy.

No, opinion. Rio , in MY opinion, has always been vastly over rated, even when he was at West Ham. He was the second best centre half at Leeds.

The Leeds fans I know - and most of my best mates unfortunately support that lot - would laugh at the above, like. That's saying somat, given the club he ended up at. Woodgate was very good, Ferdinand was class.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rio Ferdinand in his prime had it all. He for me was our best player in the 2002 World Cup and when he was at the top of his game he was generally world-class. He is to Terry what Colo is to Taylor or Williamson, just a cut above. For me, he was a great player, one of the best footballers we've produced in a long time and one of the best centre-back's I've seen live.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never saw loads of Woodgate at Leeds but every time I saw Ferdinand play for them he was every bit world class.

Aye. I remember when they paid 18m for him and thought are they crazy, it wasn't long before I was thinking nah, I'm the crazy one. When Man Utd spent 30m on him it was very good business for them, money well spent.