The England Thread

Pilko

Self acclaimed big time charlies getting humiliated, simple as.

Aye, England's 2nd string are definitely all big time charlies. And boy is it humiliating losing 1-0 to Brasil.

I can't even count the amount of times I've seen shocking headlines about Wes Brown, Matty Upson & Ben Foster. I heard they're all sex addicted crack whores.

Guest firetotheworks

Self acclaimed big time charlies getting humiliated, simple as.

A team without Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, A.Cole, J.Cole, Carrick, Johnson, James, Green, Beckham...I'd say it's anything but simple as. As soon as we had a midfield of Barry and Jenas against Kaka, we lost all of our attacking options.

Guest firetotheworks

Hargreaves. Everyone always forgets Hargreaves. Sometimes even I forget Hargreaves. f***ing outstanding in 2006.

Aye, he shut us all up a treat in 06 like. I was quite pleased to eat the humble pie. He was fucking incredible.

Due back next weekend, apparently. Fingers crossed he stays fit 'cos he'd be in my first XI for England.

Agree completely. Hope he comes back like he was before, I'd have him playing in central midfield ahead of Barry any day of the week.

James

Johnson      Terry      Ferdinand      A. Cole

Hargreaves      Lampard

Walcott      Gerrard      J. Cole

Rooney

I think we can see from today that our strength in depth is terrible, but as far as a starting XI goes that's a very good team.

Guest firetotheworks

James

Johnson      Terry      Ferdinand      A. Cole

Hargreaves      Lampard

Walcott      Gerrard      J. Cole

Rooney

That's the problem position for me. Not because we haven't got anyone, but because any one of Gerrard, Lampard or Cole could play there, but leave a gap for a lesser player elsewhere. Ideally, I'd try and get them to switch in the way Chelsea do, but I'not sure they have the quality.       

Wouldn't bring out the best in Rooney. But we'd keep the ball very well with that team.

That would be the main issue for me, as well. Had this discussion last weekend with my old uncle, who is the biggest football head I've ever known.

I think, if fit, then that team has all of our best players on the pitch (Joe Cole absolutely has to play for me), but it could be guilty of squeezing them all into the starting XI at the expense of tactics (in some instances).

Guest firetotheworks

Wouldn't bring out the best in Rooney. But we'd keep the ball very well with that team.

I think we need to cut our losses with bringing out the best in Rooney, we simply dont have the personnel to replace the players who would have to be moved in order to bring the best out in him imo.

That would be the main issue for me, as well. Had this discussion last weekend with my old uncle, who is the biggest football head I've ever known.

I think, if fit, then that team has all of our best players on the pitch (Joe Cole absolutely has to play for me), but it could be guilty of squeezing them all into the starting XI at the expense of tactics (in some instances).

Still think ,they think they are actually far better than they really are.