The England Thread

Pilko

England under Capello = NUFC under Hughton

:smug:

Seriously though, we're turning into a bit of a machine. Even when we're distinctly average we're churning out the results.

If we are to go far in the World Cup, then we are going to need to produce moments like the first goal. We were out played, and not doing much, then string one or two passes together and get a goal out of nothing, if we can do that at the World Cup then we will go far.

If we are to go far in the World Cup, then we are going to need to produce moments like the first goal. We were out played, and not doing much, then string one or two passes together and get a goal out of nothing, if we can do that at the World Cup then we will go far.

Or we'll meet a decent team who'll put us to the fucking sword.

I prefer to see it as one of our worst performances under Capello and we beat the best African team 3-1, coming from behind.

Yeah thats what I meant, we have got to be able to get goals out of nothing for when we come across a difficult team.

Think Rooney's general play has been shat.

Really? Thought he was our best player by far in the first half. Brilliant ball played through to Walcott for Lampards chance early on, then again a few minutes later for Defoe. Nothing exceptional, but a decent performance. Of course in the form he is in, it wasn't as good as we had expected.

Thought Carrick was brilliant when he came on, kept possession incredibly well and was a massive reason for that turn around. While Barry didn't have a bad game today, it's Carrick and Lampard in the middle for me come June.

Or we'll meet a decent team who'll put us to the f***ing sword.

I prefer to see it as one of our worst performances under Capello and we beat the best African team 3-1, coming from behind.

Doesn't make them a great side.

Or we'll meet a decent team who'll put us to the f***ing sword.

Doesn't make them a great side.

Probably better than the rest of our group though.

Today's result is a a good comeback, but I have real fears about us playing in that fashion against top teams. We're very inconsistent--in the space of a match, I mean.

What I will say about England is we've been much improved against sides who aren't good at passing and moving. Without sounding arrogant we now beat teams we should be beating. However we've looked far from convincing against sides who pass and move the ball around well such the Czechs, Dutch, Spanish and the Brazilians.

Guest Stephen927

I still don't know if I should get one or not. I'm not to sure about a name and number though, look a bit blank to not have one, but I can't think of any player to put on the back.

I'm already decided. It's a nice shirt and it'll show off my upper body.