BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Artists impression of NE5 this morning:

http://www.fireroze.com/2009/images/happycomputer.jpg

He looks awfully young and healthy, surely the artist must have forgotten his glasses? :pow:

Kaz where do you find your avs? :lol:

Shall we get ready for a game of Shepherd quote bingo at his first Press Conference?

I reckon we'll hear the term, "Geordie nation", and his old favourite, "you should only say good things of people when they go. Ashley's gone. Good" for starters.

He looks awfully young and healthy, surely the artist must have forgotten his glasses? :pow:

I have my ways :aww:

More to the point, who is she?

Kristin Bell :pow:

Kristin Bell :pow:

:thup: Googlin away!

so the chron has denied the bbc story then?

Not really the Beeb say that he is about to launch  a bid.  The ronnie say that he hasn't yet but something might happen later in the week. 

Shepherd out, Ashley in, Ashley out, Shepherd in.

You couldn't write it.  What next, Shearer to register himself  a player.  Gullit as manager?  Chopra in nets?

mackems in stitches.

Oh noez.

I just remember how fucking leaden everything felt in the last cack-handed seasons of Shepherd's reign. Like nothing would ever change for the good, and we'd just slowly carry on sliding into grey oblivion. No hope.

That Ashley only succeeded in accelerating the decline has not altered my judgement of one damn thing about the Shepherd era.

If his return is the best we can hope for, that is truly pathetic.

Out of the fire and into the frying pan.

i have to say i disagree, freddy is afar better bet as it stands than ashley.

he is far, far from perfect, and made huge mistakes, but i would rather thim then ashley or another unkown.

as i keep saying, better the devil you know.

The devil you know is still the devil.

hence the DEVIL you know.

Mention of the alleged Shepherd bid has brought forth a rash of contrary claims, with credence being given to the US-based consortium who undertook due diligence.

The findings of that financial process are understood to have complicated matters, with the purchase price no more than a starting point and further liabilities driving the real price up substantially. It's that latter situation that has caused doubts to surface over the Shepherd bid.

Mention of the alleged Shepherd bid has brought forth a rash of contrary claims, with credence being given to the US-based consortium who undertook due diligence.

The findings of that financial process are understood to have complicated matters, with the purchase price no more than a starting point and further liabilities driving the real price up substantially. It's that latter situation that has caused doubts to surface over the Shepherd bid.

So,once again back to square one...it'd be cheaper to hire a fucking hitman to do Ashley in.

Guest johnson293

Probably trying to add clauses in to get more money back in future for potential promotion/success, as well as the debt loan repayment in some form or other!

Guest dover

Personally Im very happy to see this "leaked" to the press, Ashley has lowered his asking price unofficially by letting it be known £60 million would be enough, he doesnt want to sell to Shephard and would rather take less from someone else is how I read it. If he was accepting Sheps £60 million it would be a done deal by now.

From Shepards point of view if he can get us promoted to Premiership at first time of asking he knows he can get investment from  overseas, thats why it wouldnt suprise me if he was bidding alone, banking on a short term investment with the view to selling us on or bringing in investment from overseas.

And if that means we are back in the Premiership then right now i dont give a fuck how we achieve it. Any mongs who start banner painting to the contrary should be ashamed of themselves.