BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If fatty has the energy to give it another go, we should support his bravado. It would have been far easier to walk away into the golf sunset.

very fair point. What are Shepherd's motives here? He wants the club to move forward and yes he probably wants to be the geordie hero he always saw himself as. From my perspective those motives are a lot more psoitive and sincere than what we've experienced in the last 2 years

Guest Joe90

He can't walk away because of his f***ing ego. That's the problem.

As opposed to the other choice who has been trying to get out since day one.

Give over. Fat Fred has never got over the fact that he was dethroned whilst he was being fed by a tube up his arse.

Guest Heneage

The optimist in me says, I don't remember to many relegation scraps under Freddy.

i remember a few close call's though

Any last day of the season jobs?

I heard this earlier this evening and the person (contacts with Shepherd) was adamant about it but I just dismissed it as rumour as I didn'tknow the guy who told me.  Was also told that it would be announced on Wednesday.

The optimist in me says, I don't remember to many relegation scraps under Freddy.

No, but the indications going from his last 3 years suggest we'd have continued sliding that way rather than reverse the trend.

Wonder if Freddie will make a late bid to extend Michael Owen's contract

If fatty has the energy to give it another go, we should support his bravado. It would have been far easier to walk away into the golf sunset.

very fair point. What are Shepherd's motives here? He wants the club to move forward and yes he probably wants to be the geordie hero he always saw himself as. From my perspective those motives are a lot more psoitive and sincere than what we've experienced in the last 2 years

Perhaps Freddie is hoping to rush through a deal so that his first act as chairman can be to re-sign Michael Owen, his first trophy signing of the new era.

Perhaps Freddie is hoping to rush through a deal so that his first act as chairman can be to re-sign Michael Owen, his first trophy signing of the new era.

Not even Freddy would be that stupid.

Guest neesy111

he was stupid enough to appoint souness

Guest Heneage

No, but the indications going from his last 3 years suggest we'd have continued sliding that way rather than reverse the trend.

I highly debate that.

The comment was tongue in cheek and aimed at Ronaldo.

Does this mean they've gone through due dilligence and the deal is effectively almost done?

Whoever has been blabbing to all and sundry must be pretty confident like.

The comment was tongue in cheek and aimed at Ronaldo.

:blush:

It would be more Freddy's style to take over a day before Owen's contract expires. Then drive him to Goodison Park in his Range Rover Sport and stick footage of himself lowering his window and laughing maniacally on Youtube