BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

The optimist in me says, I don't remember to many relegation scraps under Freddy.

i remember a few close call's though

Any last day of the season jobs?

No, but the indications going from his last 3 years suggest we'd have continued sliding that way rather than reverse the trend.

I highly debate that.

i don't, if we hadn't of won at sheff utd we would of went down in the 2006/07 season

also shepherd would of kept allardyce, which would of led to us going down last season

Does this mean they've gone through due dilligence and the deal is effectively almost done?

The almost done thing is brought into question, but they'll have done due diligence i would have thought - aye.

i don't, if we hadn't of won at sheff utd we would of went down in the 2006/07 season

also shepherd would of kept allardyce, which would of led to us going down last season

:facepalm:

Only at Newcastle.  Get rid of one shitty chairman, get one we think is great that ends up being shitty and replacing him with the old shitty owner.  Love it.

To describe Ashley as "shitty" is massively understating his effect on NUFC. It's like saying Bernie Madoff was a small time con man.

so who'll be the manager after he sacks shearer? bryan robson?

:lol:

Depends on the reason he sacks Shearer. If Bryan Robson is the opposite, he's the man.

true that. if this happens, NE5's gotta come back like, it'll be epic. unless he's too busy tying the deal up.

Guest neesy111

dave, there's a few ppl that have said it

Never mind. :lol:

Guest neesy111

sorry i didn't get it, i'm sleepy

sorry i didn't get it, i'm sleepy

if we hadn't HAVE won neesy.......HAVE won

I can't believe people are happy about this, it's because of this "Fat Parasitic Cunt" we are in this shit in the first place with his incompentent signings of Managers. Everybody is complaining about Keegan being overiden about signings from Ashley and Co, The Fat Cunt was doing it to all his Managers "Owen as an example", and if you think he won't do it to Shearer then you are living in cuckoo land his fat ego will overide Shearer if he thinks he can make a super signing, whether Shearer wants him or not.

What did we manage under Keegan? No wins from his first 6 either. We were in very poor form as a team, but Allardyce didn't do that bad a job.

Allardyce saved Blackburn and would have had us finishing mid-table. He certainly wouldn't have let our best f***ing defender leave the club for peanuts and i'm confident he would have eventually got rid of the deadwood like Butt and Owen

Blackburn aren't Allardyce's NUFC though. Allardyce's strikeforce at the time of leaving was Owen and Smith, one a player he couldn't drop due to reputation and the other his favourite signing who he dropped only once in 28 or so games. Together they were the shittest, slowest, weakest, least inspiring strikeforce we've ever had in the Premiership, and coupled with Big Sam's defensive, play for a draw against all opposition tactics, we were an awful side playing awful football who weren't picking up results despite having a very forgiving fixture list in the first half of the season.

At Blackburn, Allardyce has had big Christopher Samba to lump up front for them, a cheap get-out clause that enabled his team to play in the familiar "lump it to Davies' head lads" style he had at Bolton.  We didn't have a Christopher Samba, that option wasn't there for us as Allardyce hadn't banked on needing someone like that, so the closest thing we had to a tall penalty-box player who could win headers aggressively and cause defenders physical problems is Shola Ameobi.

We'd have gone down with Allardyce for sure, and the only reason we didn't was because he was thankfully sacked and his replacement somehow turned that shower of s**** squad into a pretty efficient side by dropping Owen into midfield and getting the players to play the ball on the deck.

as somebody said earlier, freddy is less of a cunt than ashley and that has to be considered good enough in our situation. we're in a fucking crisis. ive been coming on here every day for a month, getting depressed at how fast we're spiralling into oblivion.....and people are still being picky?? lets be honest here: freddy was bad last time, but ashley is in a totally different league. just be grateful that finally we can get pre-season started (if true) because this summer has been an epic disaster so far and i fear we've lost too much ground on our championship rivals.

The optimist in me says, I don't remember to many relegation scraps under Freddy.

i remember a few close call's though

Any last day of the season jobs?

No, but the indications going from his last 3 years suggest we'd have continued sliding that way rather than reverse the trend.

I highly debate that.

Debate it then. ;)

We'd just came off the back of 3 lousy seasons, only one good run under Roeder as caretaker papered over the cracks. Even Blackburn on their decline after their title winning season had a top 6 finish again after a couple of average seasons before they finally went down. We weren't able to outspend our rivals anymore, clubs were overtaking us and making better managerial appointments, better signings, etc. and financially we were starting to get crippled.

What makes you believe that had Shepherd not sold out we'd have all of a sudden stopped that trend?

How does 9th at christmas translate to going down in May?

Under Ashley, Allardyce's net spend was zero lets not forget

We'd amassed 1 point from both Derby games before he got booted out. I don't think we'd have gone down, but it would have been a pretty close call like.

As much as I despise Allardyce, as Freddie's appointment, he would have been backed.  Would still have been awful to watch though.

if he'd been backed we'd be more fucked than we are now.

Fucking hell, this club. :lol:

Really don't know what to make of this. Guess we'll see what happens over the coming days (hopefully it'll be days anyway, we can't afford this to drag on much longer).

What does that matter? He replaced people that fans were saying weren't good enough (Dyer, Parker, etc), and had plenty of money to replace them better (£12m spunked on Barton & Smith alone). People hide behind this "net-spend" thing, but fact is, that summer we spent a canny bit of money on average players.

Most people were happy with that summer's transfer dealings tbf.

Agreed. Think the only transfer people had question marks over was Smith. And even then, wasn't it alledged that Allardyce knocked back the chance to sign Elano in favour of Smith? Not sure how Ashley can be blamed for the first summer and Allardyce's demise.

Everything that followed, then yes.

What does that matter? He replaced people that fans were saying weren't good enough (Dyer, Parker, etc), and had plenty of money to replace them better (£12m spunked on Barton & Smith alone). People hide behind this "net-spend" thing, but fact is, that summer we spent a canny bit of money on average players.

my point was, we may all have a considerably different opinion of  Sam Allardyce right now had Ashley not bought the club. Shepherd's appointment was a good one imo. Allardyce's biggest problem was the fact he wasn't Ahley's choice.